Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?

Go down 
+5
maofan93
illani
MaoChan756
kawaiimao
Okami
9 posters

Favourite dress from the 2010-2011 season?
Tango [the NHK version]
Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Vote_lcap5%Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Tango [the Nationals version]
Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Vote_lcap8%Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Tango [the 4CC version]
Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Vote_lcap5%Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Liebestraum [Japan Open]
Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Vote_lcap15%Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Liebestraum [GP season, Nationals, 4CC]
Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Vote_lcap26%Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Vote_rcap
 26% [ 10 ]
Ballade no.1 [white]
Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Vote_lcap28%Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Vote_rcap
 28% [ 11 ]
Ballade no.1 [black]
Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Vote_lcap13%Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 39

AuthorMessage
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Empty
PostSubject: Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?    Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:24 am

2010-211 - one season, many dresses to choose from. Smile

Last edited by Okami on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?    Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:34 am

I still like her Liebestraum costume from Japan Open the best. There are some details I might change a little bit but I just love the sleaveless look for Mao.

I wish she would wear it again but I'm afraid it's not very likely at Worlds Sad
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?    Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:30 am

0O the bra-costume should not be even in the list lol!
There is nothing good about it except the red and black combo (to go with the tango) but still the bra-like prints bug me!
The 4CC SP costume was far better - However - It did not really fit the program...
I find it quite bland actually - It doesn't leave any effect on the public...

Having a variety of costumes all season can be a good thing or simply have no meaning at all -_
The fact that you change way too many costumes for a pro - makes the impact of the pro itself wry - I mean fantastic pros are often remembered by costumes -
[Tara's blue Olympics costume - Yuna's bond wear - Mao's bells...]
I hope she finds something more tango-ish for worlds for the SP (Oo Oh just like one she wore for her Por Uno EX! Very Happy) - and keep the FP costume she had for 4CC!

I voted for the FP dress she wore at Nationals and 4CC! She did extremely well in that costume! She looks like an angel with the deco on the costume! And how well does it suit the music... Wub

Kinda have a lil crush on the black school-girl-uniform costume she has this season for her EX!!
Its unique and frankly - Mao needs that unique touch to set her apart! (Her EX always set her apart tho Razz)
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?    Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:47 pm

Hm...this is a toughie. Apart from the SP costumes, I think Mao has had a very good selection of dresses this year. For me, it's between the white Ballade dress and the second LP dress. I love them both...but I guess if you twist my arm I have to go with the white Ballade. Wub (I kind of like the black one too, but I feel it makes her look more cutsie and less mature, and doesn't complement the beauty and flow of the program quite as well...but I know some of you disagree!)

As for the SP dresses, my favorite by far is the 4CC one, and if those are all we have to choose from, I hope she wears that at Worlds. It's flattering, it's pretty (IMHO—again, I know a lot of you disagree), and perhaps most importantly, there's nothing about it that is a glaring distraction from the program. *cough* rose-bra *cough* Maybe the 4CC dress doesn't look very tango-y, but then again, this program isn't all that tango-y itself, so maybe it fits. It's too bad really, because with just a couple of alterations, the first two could have been great dresses. Neutral
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?    Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:49 pm

I voted for the newer LP dress and the white Ballade dresses because I just couldn't choose. These two dresses are the best silhouettes for Mao's slim body - we don't want her to disappear out there! The black EX dress is distracting because of the volume, and makes it harder to see Mao under the dark lighting, but in the white one she looks very angelic and we can appreciate her skating more. Either way, she needs a different SP dress - the one from nationals was good except for the bra. Had those flowers been in a design, it actually could have worked, because the material/cut of the dress went with the music very well.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?    Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:26 pm

I voted for both the Liebestraum costumes, as well as the first Ballade EX one. My favorite out of the three is the second LP dress because I thought it was sophisticated but relaxed at the same time... For me, it brings out Mao's "womanly charms" without going over the top!
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?    Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:16 pm

My favorite are the lavander dress that she wore to Nats and 4CC and the black dress that she wore to Ex. The first one is beautifull and elegant, but cool, the second one is so Channel and the tutu very balletic Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?    Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:31 pm

I gotta go with her lavender Liebestraum dress! I really love her white Ballade dress too, but the lavender one seems a little more special. Picking my least favorite would be easier - the bra dress! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Eris

Eris

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?    Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:04 am

Ballade no.1 Love Hearts I like no.2 too, but I think the first one siuts the program better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?    Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which is your favorite Mao's costume this season?
Page 1 of 1