Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If Mao weren't a skater...

Go down 
+11
PochinkoPotanko
aoi88
linglang
shar
kaarolcia
periperi
maofan93
apple4me
illani
Cloviece
Star85
15 posters

If Mao weren't a skater, I'd like to see her as a...
Famous singer
If Mao weren't a skater... Vote_lcap0%If Mao weren't a skater... Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
<b>
 0% [ 0 ]
Actress
If Mao weren't a skater... Vote_lcap10%If Mao weren't a skater... Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
<b>
 0% [ 0 ]
Model
 0% [ 0 ]
<b>
 0% [ 0 ]
Dancer
If Mao weren't a skater... Vote_lcap83%If Mao weren't a skater... Vote_rcap
 83% [ 25 ]
<b>
 0% [ 0 ]
Athlete in another sport
 0% [ 0 ]
<b>
 0% [ 0 ]
Go to college and have a normal job
 0% [ 0 ]
<b>
 0% [ 0 ]
Stay at home mom
 0% [ 0 ]
<b>
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
If Mao weren't a skater... Vote_lcap7%If Mao weren't a skater... Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

If Mao weren't a skater... Empty
PostSubject: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:22 am

So the off season withdrawals are already setting in. We've already done so many poll questions we're gonna have to get creative! So here's one for ya Wink

I had to go with dancer. Mao would really excel as a dancer I'm sure. Especially ballet. I also think she'd make a great model from the modeling work she has done, but in the end, I had to go with dancer.

Sorry about all the "b"s! I wasn't sure if line breaks were required or not, so I put them in to be on the safe side, and they turned up as poll options! I tried taking those "b" options out but it wouldn't let me Sad.... So everyone try to be careful not to select those ones!

Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:39 am

Definitely a dancer. The way Mao carries herself on the ice is as if she's a dancer-- I could see her as a ballerina, but at the same time I could also see her taking the modern dance route. Mao actually reminds me of a high school classmate of mine who was trained in both ballet and modern dance (graceful, yet powerful and light when she would dance).

That, and she is a "ballerina on ice"...

(P.S. Can Mao actually sing? I don't think I've ever heard her sing before, at least to my knowledge...)
Whirly
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:02 am

I'd have to go with dancer too. Smile
Back to top Go down
apple4me

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:42 am

she must be a dancer. she has the qualities for it
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:18 am

I picked dancer also - I would love to see Mao as a ballerina!
Back to top Go down
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:36 am

I picked dancer as well.

I'm not sure if I've got the story right, but did Mao start in figure skating or in ballet first? I know she was in ballet from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQHxf_RHW-E, but was it to help strengthen her ankles or something? I foggily recall reading somewhere that her mother wanted to strengthen her ankles, but I'm not sure whether it was specifically to help Mao with her skating.

Anyway, judging from the video, I think Mao could have been a wonderful ballerina - I'm no expert, but she left me impressed. She certainly got all her beautiful lines from ballet training.
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:47 pm

periperi wrote:
I picked dancer as well.

I'm not sure if I've got the story right, but did Mao start in figure skating or in ballet first? I know she was in ballet from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQHxf_RHW-E, but was it to help strengthen her ankles or something? I foggily recall reading somewhere that her mother wanted to strengthen her ankles, but I'm not sure whether it was specifically to help Mao with her skating.

Anyway, judging from the video, I think Mao could have been a wonderful ballerina - I'm no expert, but she left me impressed. She certainly got all her beautiful lines from ballet training.
As far as I remember it was exactly the other way round Smile Mao was doing ballet first and she did a little bit of figure skating to strenghten her ankles. But both sisters enjoyed skating more so they switched.
That's how I remember the story, I might be wrong though Sweatdrop

I also vote a dancer. My second option would be an athlete in another sport Smile
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:09 pm

As a daughter of a ballet dancer, I would go with ballet dancer all the way. And you know she would be one of the best dancers ever! Encore Very Happy

@ Kaarolcia: Yes Mao was a ballet dancer until she was 5 when she followed older sister Mai into Figure Skating.
Back to top Go down
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:28 am

Oh. Thanks for clearing it up for me guys. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:14 am

Voted dancer too Boogie
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:50 am

OMG I love your avatar linglang! Mao looks so gorgeous in that pick in and her shirt is too! Where is that pic from?
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 1:26 am

Star85 wrote:
OMG I love your avatar linglang! Mao looks so gorgeous in that pick in and her shirt is too! Where is that pic from?

I just found it from the link Yunamao posted here https://maoasada.forumotion.net/t254p165-grand-prix-final-2008#37997

Yes! Mao looks sooooo gorgoues Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:54 am

I think dancer is the most obvious choice. However, I also think Mao could be a painter because I remember in one interview, she said she liked painting landscapes. Either way, I see Mao as a free spirit who would probably pursue a career path that allows her the freedom to do things her own way. Sometimes, I feel that she could've been happier if she didn't become a figure skater and have to put up with the sometimes ridiculous restraints imposed by the CoP. But of course, I'm still thankful she did become a skater or else we wouldn't have known a wonderful person like her.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:25 am

It's too hard for me to imagine Mao not moving around; making use of her arms and legs which she can move so elegantly. It would be a total waste if Mao ended up as an indoor type of girl. I did consider her being an athlete in another sport...but I couldn't come up with any sport that would suit all her talents. I thought of rythmic gymnastics for a brief second, but although there had been many beautiful girls performing brilliantly, I think in Mao's case, she doesn't need props like ribbons and clubs.

So like everyone, the second thing to Mao dancing on ice which I'd like to see can only be, Mao dancing off the ice. Something ballet, but maybe with a bit of modern taste might be nice.

Still, since I think Mao gets along with the ice the best of all skaters, should she become a dancer, I would certainly miss her blades sliding across the ice as soft and smoothly like no other skater. If Mao can manage to dance on roller blades, that might be worth watching too though! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 4:52 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
It's too hard for me to imagine Mao not moving around; making use of her arms and legs which she can move so elegantly. It would be a total waste if Mao ended up as an indoor type of girl. I did consider her being an athlete in another sport...but I couldn't come up with any sport that would suit all her talents. I thought of rythmic gymnastics for a brief second, but although there had been many beautiful girls performing brilliantly, I think in Mao's case, she doesn't need props like ribbons and clubs.

After dancing, gymnastics was the first thing that came to my mind, because I think that with her amazingly beautiful flexibility and drive, gymnastics would've come naturally to her if she had been exposed to it at a young age.

Plus, when I watch the young chinese gymnast Huang Qiushuang, she always reminds me somewhat of a younger Mao because of her smile and her youthful exuberance...
http://www.newsgd.com/specials/AsianGames2010/news/content/2010-11/16/content_17637984.htm
Back to top Go down
wedd123

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:23 pm

Still, since I think Mao gets along with the ice the best of all skaters, should she become a dancer, I would certainly miss her blades sliding across the ice as soft and smoothly like no other skater. If Mao can manage to dance on roller blades, that might be worth watching too though!

Crystal Brooch
Crystal Jewelry
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:27 am

2011 Paul McGrath Choreographer of the Year Award
Given to the choreographer that best exemplifies the dedication to artistic excellence portrayed by Paul McGrath in his career.
Josh Babb
Scott Brown
Lori Nichol
Cindy Stuart
Marina Zoueva
Marina Zoueva and Igor Shpilband

I'm so glad Lori Nichol is nominated. I loved her Liebestraume choreography for Mao. Very Happy

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110513&content_id=19005956&vkey=ice_pressrelease
Back to top Go down
inspiration*

inspiration*

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 5:19 pm

I am an anomaly here, but I actually see Mao as an academic, because she is so committed and dedicated in what she does, and somehow I see her poring over books for a lifetime. Call me weird lol.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Hmmm. Maybe this was too obvious of a question to make a poll about... lol. For the most part, people seem to be in agreement on this. Well like I said before, we've done quite a few polls... gotta start getting really creative!
Back to top Go down
whiteboots2013

whiteboots2013

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:13 pm

I think being an actress would be suitable. Mao is very smart. She will be able to show different personality. And also, a great dancer! She likes singing, too. So she could be a musical star maybe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Mao weren't a skater...   If Mao weren't a skater... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Mao weren't a skater...
Page 1 of 1