Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grand Prix assigments

Go down 
+9
chiyori
Hotaru
polosatik
ballerinamao
Eris
Cloviece
maofan93
klarification
Star85
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Grand Prix assigments Empty
PostSubject: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 7:12 pm

"(6/25) - The ISU has delayed the announcement of the 2011 Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series skater selections until June 27 at 6 a.m. (EDT)." - http://www.usfsa.org/

I didn't even know this was supposed to have happened around now!... Laugh I'm exited that we will get to know the assigments in just two days though! Confetti
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Wow, thanks for updating us.

Me too, I am excited! I hope Mao gets good slots! (Meaning, there is a sufficient break between the competitions)
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:14 pm

klarification wrote:

Me too, I am excited! I hope Mao gets good slots! (Meaning, there is a sufficient break between the competitions)

Yes! I hope so too. I hope it works out that she has 3 weeks between assignments. The best outcome for Mao would be Cup of China/SC and TEB/CoR. She always seems to get the early assignments, which she never seems to be quite ready for. Hopefully this year she will get better assignments, but I fear NHK, which is right in the middle at the most inconvenient time, will want Mao. I wish she would switch it up and go to Skate America, which she hasn't been to since 2006, or Skate Canada, which she hasn't been to since 2007. CoR and TEB haven't been good competitions for Mao recently, but both have great timing as the last events of the series and she needs to skate in one of them in order to extend the offseason and have enough time between competitions.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:40 pm

maofan93 wrote:
klarification wrote:

Yes! I hope so too. I hope it works out that she has 3 weeks between assignments. The best outcome for Mao would be Cup of China/SC and TEB/CoR. She always seems to get the early assignments, which she never seems to be quite ready for. Hopefully this year she will get better assignments, but I fear NHK, which is right in the middle at the most inconvenient time, will want Mao. I wish she would switch it up and go to Skate America, which she hasn't been to since 2006, or Skate Canada, which she hasn't been to since 2007. CoR and TEB haven't been good competitions for Mao recently, but both have great timing as the last events of the series and she needs to skate in one of them in order to extend the offseason and have enough time between competitions.

North America needs more doses of Mao if you ask me!
Back to top Go down
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 10:56 pm

It seems as if Mao always participates in NHK & TEB. COC or Skate America would be great, but then again, if Mao ends up with having to travel outside of Japan for more than one event...I don't know. Plus, she usually gets there at the last minute (although recently she was a bit early for TEB last season).
Back to top Go down
Eris

Eris

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:09 am

I'm pretty sure Mao'll get NHK, she is the highly ranked Japanese lady this season so they want her to be there.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:55 am

the question is wheter mao will accept three or just remain doing two assignments. I personally have a mixed feeling about it cause I would personnaly love to see mao at all three assignments but it may be to hectic for her. it will be interesting to see how it all will turn out...
Back to top Go down
Eris

Eris

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:10 am

ballerinamao wrote:
the question is wheter mao will accept three or just remain doing two assignments.
I've heard only two ladies accepted three GP and they are Leonova and Kostner.
Leonova for sure, she told the Russian press about it.
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:23 am

Eris wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
the question is wheter mao will accept three or just remain doing two assignments.
I've heard only two ladies accepted three GP and they are Leonova and Kostner.
Leonova for sure, she told the Russian press about it.

I really hope this is true and that Mao will not do three. I think if she was still with TAT she would, but Sato seems like he would not allow her to do this.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:36 am

I'm confused ... Where all these 3 GP events idea came from? I thought ISU decided to cancel this option after 2002, or somewhere near that and to me it looked like a good choice. Why it is coming back? I hope Mao will get only 2 spots, for Mao it is the best decision I guess.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:12 pm

polosatik wrote:
I'm confused ... Where all these 3 GP events idea came from? I thought ISU decided to cancel this option after 2002, or somewhere near that and to me it looked like a good choice. Why it is coming back? I hope Mao will get only 2 spots, for Mao it is the best decision I guess.

Yeah someone brought it up not too long ago that the top 6 finishers at worlds might get to do 3, if I remember correctly. Sounds like it's true then? I thought that they used to do three years ago, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up. I agree that Mao shouldn't do 3, but I will still be happy if she does, cause then we get to see more of her Smile

I would also really like to see Mao do skate America or Canada again. It's been too long... Skate America will be in California this year, so that would be about as long of a trip as France. I wonder if Mao has been sticking to France, Japan, and Russia cause she's more popular in those places than US or Canada...
Back to top Go down
Hotaru

Hotaru

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:41 am

I didn't realize there was already a thread on the upcoming GP series... I already posted this in Mao's news thread, but it's also appropriate here.

The GP assignments have been revealed... Mao will be competing at NHK and Cup of Russia.

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vcontent/content/transnews/0,10869,4844-128590-19728-18885-313979-3787-4771-layout160-129898-news-item,00.html

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-136494-137802-nav-list,00.html
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:18 am

Hotaru wrote:
http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-136494-137802-nav-list,00.html

Wait what?? What did I miss?! Evan Lysacek is in the lineup for the GP season?? When did he say he would compete again?
Back to top Go down
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:42 pm

^Yeah, I was like...? There hasn't been any news about him at all.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Cloviece wrote:
^Yeah, I was like...? There hasn't been any news about him at all.

Whoa! This is a huge surprise for me too! Not only have we not heard any news about him for a while, but he's not even on the team USA roster - which is pretty weird considering this now...

I'm a little disappointed that Mao is not going to do Canada or US AGAIN, but oh well....
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:49 pm

In Russia, Mao will be up against Adelina Sotnikova affraid
That's some pretty tough competition right there...

In a weird way, it's like '06 come full circle, because now she's in the position that Irina Slutskaya was in back then of being a two-time world champ having to take on the next generation(as Mao was back then). So it's an intriguing coincidence that we are dealing with a russian and a japanese skater again in this way, only they have traded places Sweatdrop ...or maybe that's just me overthinking things as usual

Anyways, yes, Evan is back for real! WOW!
http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/article/newsid=539245.html#olympic+champ+lysacek+back+grand+prix+schedule

I can't wait to see how he stacks up now against Taka and P Chan...
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:14 pm

ElleluvsL wrote:
In Russia, Mao will be up against Adelina Sotnikova affraid
That's some pretty tough competition right there...

In a weird way, it's like '06 come full circle, because now she's in the position that Irina Slutskaya was in back then of being a two-time world champ having to take on the next generation(as Mao was back then). So it's an intriguing coincidence that we are dealing with a russian and a japanese skater again in this way, only they have traded places Sweatdrop ...or maybe that's just me overthinking things as usual

Anyways, yes, Evan is back for real! WOW!
http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/article/newsid=539245.html#olympic+champ+lysacek+back+grand+prix+schedule

I can't wait to see how he stacks up now against Taka and P Chan...

Yes, it will be interesting to see how Adelina does on the senior stage. Will she come in with a big splash like Mao, and Yuna did? Or will she get eaten up at first, and really have to fight for it, like so many skaters who dominated the junior stage have? It would be exiting to see a strong new skater. I'm not worried about her beating Mao though. I think Mao will get back on track this season. It would be pretty interesting if that full circle scenario you talked about happened though. It would definitely fire up Mao to do better if she had a new rival like that. Although I don't really know how Mao could possibly work any more efficiently harder than she already does.

As for Evan, I think he should do pretty good considering the excellent condition both he and his skating was in when he took a break. Then again, Yuna was so great when she won the olympics, people expected her to still be great when she returned too. She was good, but not as good as she was at the olympics. Evan's skating might very well be a little weaker like this too, but I'm not expecting him to be too slouchy. I think by mid season he should be back to where he was before. Or at least by worlds.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 6:45 am

I think Adelina will do very well. She is much better than Kanako and she already has far more mental toughness than a lot of the senior ladies. With Yuna and Miki out of the GP, the field opens up even more for the young Russian skaters. I expect her and Liza to be at the GPF, which I think will be quite exciting this year! I hope Mao comes back stronger but as of now, her condition is still a bit uncertain.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:47 am

well I think mao has gotten used to her new technique by now and I also expect her to be in good condition and on fire after last season. I just hope that she had enough time to get used to her new programs and that her Axel is more consistent... but that of course depends on her condition, I really need some news to get some kind of idea of how her condition, jumps especially the axel and how things are going with her new choreography... sato also talked about some changes he wanted to do with mao in the of season so it's going to be interesting to see how that also has progressed and is still progressing.

it would also be nice to know what music mao is going to skate to? and I hope we soon will see mao's new exhibition cause when i watched DOI i couldnt help but miss mao when seeing all the other skaters beeing there.

anyway does anyone know how mao get NHK when she had that assignment last year, is it because JSF requestet it???
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 7:54 pm

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 2:51 am

^Thanx! flower 
I'm so happy that mirai was given Skate America spot. She's earned it after the Olympic and worlds spot fiasco. Go Mirai, kick some serious butt! Cheering 

And the season hasn't even started and I'm already missing Mao. Sad 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 2:35 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
^Thanx! flower 
I'm so happy that mirai was given Skate America spot. She's earned it after the Olympic and worlds spot fiasco. Go Mirai, kick some serious butt! Cheering 

And the season hasn't even started and I'm already missing Mao. Sad 

The lack of news is really not making it any easier Unconscious Snow 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Prix assigments   Grand Prix assigments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Prix assigments
Page 1 of 1