Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pyeongchang wins !

Go down 
+7
periperi
Star85
ElleluvsL
MaoChan756
kaarolcia
ballerinamao
bibi
11 posters
AuthorMessage
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:25 am

Pyeongchang will host the 2018 olympic winter games Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:49 am

oh so they won, well i guess that korea and yuna kim are delighted now
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:05 am

Shame... Sad
I was so rooting for Annecy! It's a gorgeous place! Love Hearts
+ will be difficult to watch most competitions in Europe due to time zones. Oh well. Congrats Korea.
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:43 am

Oh not just delighted!
She was in TEARS! Very Happy
I guess she is making tears a new trademark! lol!
Never seen her that emotional...

Now that its over - I hope she gets back in the game! Smile
2018 is far away! 2014 Sochi is nearer!
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:48 pm

Neutral I had been thinking that Munich seemed to offer the best in terms of facilities and scenery, but I think that any Olympic Games in Asia are a good thing...Nagano and Beijing both inspired a lot of people who otherwise would not have been exposed to certain sports and were great to watch as far as opening ceremonies and such went, so here's to hoping for another great games...

and I guess that Yuna Kim deserves something to smile about after having something of a hard year herself...

Last edited by ElleluvsL on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Yuna: "I am lost for words about now. I can't say anything right now. I'm really excited. It will be very good to compete in my own country."
-
http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/blogs/blog=gofigure/postid=540923.html

Hmm. I really couldn't picture her sticking around for that long, but that's what she said...
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:13 am

well she does't attend the granprix circuit and doesn't attend nationals nor 4cc but still wants to compete in 2018 olympics, i somehow find it unlikely that she would stik that long especially if she isn't going to attend any other competition beside worlds until that time she hasn't even told if she wanted to participate in sochi but still wants to be in pyuchung. but maybe she just wants to skate there like do a exhibition who knows, anyway if yuna is going to stik that long a am sure that mao will so the same...
Back to top Go down
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:30 am

First of all, congrats to South Korea, Yuna and all the South Korean athletes!

I'm truly happy that Pyeongchang got it this time. They've already had to wait ten years, and by what I've been told, have worked their asses off to make sure their facilities are as competent as they could make them in order to appropriately host an Olympic Games. I'm sure now that they've won the right to host a lot of more hard work is ahead of them. I wish them good luck.

As for Yuna competing at the old age of 27, I doubt that winning a medal is in the forefront of what she wants from herself there. She has done a lot for Korean skating, and has without a doubt in my mind, played a significant role in Pyeongchang winning the right to host. I'm pretty sure that by the time 2018 rolls around, Yuna won't exactly be in medal contention (and imo Yuna is aware of that possibility) so just competing on home soil during an Olympic Games will be more than enough for her if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:41 am

the question remains did she mean compete or just skate as a guest?
Back to top Go down
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:15 am

ballerinamao wrote:
the question remains did she mean compete or just skate as a guest?

Good point. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if she comments any further...
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:44 am

Congratulations to Pyeongchang!

Anyway, they deserved it after being disappointed twice. And Yuna's presentation...How fitting for the nation's little sister to represent them! She looks so happy.

But wait! She wants to still skate by 2018? I think she might just want to perform an exhibition there or something. I mean, even now, it seems like she is unsure whether she wants to actively compete.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:48 am

Guys, I don't think we need to take her statement so seriously! She could have just said it out of excitement. Razz Anyways, congrats to them!
Back to top Go down
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:55 pm

^Haha, yeah. That's also what I'm thinking.

Congrats to Pyeongchang! I know they have been wanting this for so long and it's finally set in stone-- 2018 Winter Olympics. So far, yet so near... Smile
Back to top Go down
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
MaoChan756

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:08 pm

I feel she had a huge effect on the panel!
The way the campaign was publicized - The way S.Korean athletes have been peaking at Vancouver - And obviously the record shattering scores of Yuna at the Olympics contributed to their win...

But I wonder if she would want to compete in 2018! Neutral
Lets argue for a fact that she skipped two seasons for this campaign - and now having the skating blood back in place - She will continue her practice - But as the article above suggest - Can she maintain the dominance? I mean - She trained almost a year after 2010 worlds with new pros and was pretty much disappointing!
She did won the silver medal - But that was due to the overall quality and presentation (and for the fact that she commands a certain Olympic respect/favoritism) - Her jumps were not at her usual consistent level!...

Fact is - If she would have had all her jumps - She would have def won the gold! Her style is what makes her the judge's pet - No denying that!
ALL depends on what would happen in 2014 - Sochi - and obviously the years leading to Sochi! She badly needs a comeback and she will have to engage in a fight to get back her position before someone beats her!
Mao - Kanako - along with young Russian skaters seem to have already set on the road to Sochi!

If Yuna wins at Sochi! She would undoubtedly become an icon! Breaking records in her first win - and after so many years - win a consecutive gold medal in 2014! She'd be prepped to win a 3rd gold medal in 2018! Will she be consistent? Will there be another 'gold winning Kim' to whom Yuna could relay the torch?...

I wonder if Mao will still be skating in 2018! I could see Kanako winning gold in Korea! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:00 pm

Congrats to Korea and to Pyeongchang!! I'm actually very excited because I'll probably be able to go!! I can watch all the little ones now/Mirai Nagasu win Olympic medals in person!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:27 pm

aoi88 wrote:

Guys, I don't think we need to take her statement so seriously! She could have just said it out of excitement. Razz Anyways, congrats to them!

I agree. Although she did say "compete", I would be very surprised if she does compete in 2018
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Sponsored content

Pyeongchang wins ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyeongchang wins !   Pyeongchang wins ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pyeongchang wins !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: General News-
Jump to: