Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Evan returning? :D

Go down 
+7
roma
clovera
zarinaballerina
ballerinamao
Alokya
Star85
midnightfrostifyx
11 posters
AuthorMessage
midnightfrostifyx

midnightfrostifyx

Evan returning? :D Empty
PostSubject: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:17 pm

Evan Lysacek has been assigned to Skate America and Trophee Eric Bompard for the upcoming 2011-2012 season!! AAHH i just about screamed like a fan girl when i read this Smile but the catch is that he hasn't made his final decision upon whether or not he will decide to compete this season. word has it that he has reassumed training with Frank Carroll and that he would make his final decision at the end of this summer.

i miss Evan and it would be wonderful to have him back! Confetti
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:20 pm

I think it would be stupid of him to skip a season, then come back on a non olympic season only to stop skating again - If he wants to skate in the next olympics. Might as well at this point if he wants to compete next season imo, since it's the halfway point to olympic season. This is why skaters usually come back out of retirement/time off anyway - to skate in the olympics.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
midnightfrostifyx

midnightfrostifyx

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:24 pm

i think last season he took off because he needed a break, he is the Olympic champion after all Very Happy Laura Lepistö did the same thing and she is returning too.
i wonder how he will do in his first showing, if he decides to compete that is...
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:42 am

All right, it just got announced today that Evan is not competing at US Nationals and therefore will not be present at either 4CC or Worlds. It looks like monetary issues again, which is ridiculous. I'm agreeing with Scott Hamilton on this - if you're going to compete, compete regardless.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:25 am

lepistö is didn't compete this year or last year due to injuries, and even is doing the same with the difference that he doesn't have any valid excuse for not competing...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 1:02 pm

I wonder if changing the agency has something to do with the whole disagreement between Evan and the federation. Reportedly this agency (forgot the name) isn't very familiar with figureskating (maybe this is why there's the "money problem").
Evan is not doing himself any favours, or maybe he's using this as an excuse, because he's not ready to compete Who, me?

I know Frank said Evan is in a shape of his life (or something like that), but then again, he also said in april, that Mirai is landing 3lutz- 3 loop combo and I haven't seen any triple-triple from her so far. Just saying...
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:45 pm

I don't think it's necessarily fabricated - just one successful quad or 3-3 will constitute as "landed it in practice" after all. Whether a skater was repeatedly and consistently successful with it over a period of time is a completely different story, of course. That, and attempting them in an actual competition.

As for Evan...well. We'll find out sooner or later if this was just another one of those hinting-comeback-but-only-to-stay-relevant scenarios that seem to happen mostly with the American skaters, but this development certainly smells like it is at the moment. And as others mentioned, the "money problem" being the root of this isn't exactly helping. At least this means Jeremy has a better shot at the Nats title and Adam has a strong chance in being the other half of the Worlds team. Fried
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:53 am

I really hope and wish, that jeremy would get it together and perform his gorgeous lp to it's full potential Wub I'd love to see him on a world team. Am not a big fan of Adam (I find him a little boring)
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 8:04 pm

Well, it seems Evan's comeback this season via Skate America is not gonna happen now. He's out with an injury.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121010&content_id=39665978

Good news is Armin gets his spot at SA. Thumbs up!

Miki is out. Now Evan is out also but he can still skate at US Nationals. At least Johnny has already started competing at Finlandia last week. Who else?
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:53 am

Armin is getting his spot? YES!! At the same time... that kind of sucks...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:59 am

roma wrote:
Well, it seems Evan's comeback this season via Skate America is not gonna happen now. He's out with an injury.

Miki is out. Now Evan is out also but he can still skate at US Nationals. At least Johnny has already started competing at Finlandia last week. Who else?

Hmm, last year it was a fight with the federation, this year it's an injury, I wonder if he's ever coming back.
I'm glad Armin FINALLY got a chance after the 4CC snub for which he rightfully deserved a spot!

Evan has a bye to nationals up to 2014 as a reigning Olympic champion, but he'll need to do a B intl, to get a minimal score, if he wants to compete at 4CC and/or worlds.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:16 am

Alokya wrote:

I kinda understand how you feel Alokya...I know some people find Evan as a 'boring' skater, but when I saw him skate live once (GPF gala in Tokyo several seasons ago), he was unbelievably speedy and had total charisma. He got the loudest applause and standing ovation then. He's the kind of skater you should see live to get to know how really brilliant he is. But I'm of course happy for Armin! Wink

zarinaballerina wrote:
Evan has a bye to nationals up to 2014 as a reigning Olympic champion, but he'll need to do a B intl, to get a minimal score, if he wants to compete at 4CC and/or worlds.

Is this about the new rule that ISU set? I don't understand it completely, so I'd appreciate it if somebody can explain it to me. I'm wondering what'll happen if a skater gets injured like Evan and misses a whole season...will he or she not be qualified for GP series in the next season? Question
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:40 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Is this about the new rule that ISU set? I don't understand it completely, so I'd appreciate it if somebody can explain it to me. I'm wondering what'll happen if a skater gets injured like Evan and misses a whole season...will he or she not be qualified for GP series in the next season? Question

Yes, ISU wants to downsize the participants (i think the speculation is that they want to go down the Oly's route and have only 30 skaters per discipline) so they set the minimum score for gp, euros 4CC and worlds. The qualifying score for worlds is the highest, women need 28 TES in the SP and 48 TES points in the long. Whirly The best thing about this (i'm being ironic) is that if too many manage to obtain this score ISU can change it and make it higher, or lower it, if not enough skaters manage to qualify. So just imagine, you manage to qualify only to be told they set the score higher because too many have done the same, so as a result you can't go to worlds. Yupi! Rolling Eyes This is a result for voting off the qualification rounds.

If a skater misses a previous season I think he/she needs to enter a B intl before GP to get the minimum score. This is why Yuna is going to compete at B international, because she sat out 2011/12 season.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:27 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Yes, ISU wants to downsize the participants (i think the speculation is that they want to go down the Oly's route and have only 30 skaters per discipline) so they set the minimum score for gp, euros 4CC and worlds. The qualifying score for worlds is the highest, women need 28 TES in the SP and 48 TES points in the long. Whirly The best thing about this (i'm being ironic) is that if too many manage to obtain this score ISU can change it and make it higher, or lower it, if not enough skaters manage to qualify. So just imagine, you manage to qualify only to be told they set the score higher because too many have done the same, so as a result you can't go to worlds. Yupi! Rolling Eyes This is a result for voting off the qualification rounds.

If a skater misses a previous season I think he/she needs to enter a B intl before GP to get the minimum score. This is why Yuna is going to compete at B international, because she sat out 2011/12 season.

Thanks for the explanation zarinaballerina...I understand it better now, but I don't like it much. Sad
I'm guessing ISU wants to lower the number of participants because of...money problems? Rolling Eyes
And I suppose the judges might become more strict on scores to avoid too many skaters achieving the minimun qualification scores...I feel uncomfortable with this new rule. But I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with it this season. No
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:25 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
roma wrote:

Hmm, last year it was a fight with the federation, this year it's an injury, I wonder if he's ever coming back.
I'm glad Armin FINALLY got a chance after the 4CC snub for which he rightfully deserved a spot!

I wouldn't worry about Evan coming back. Here's some tweets regarding Evan from USFA's twitter page:

Lysacek hopes to skate in a competition prior to the 2013 U.S. Championships and will work with U.S. Figure Skating to find an assignment.

Lysacek noted that his injury is "not serious" and he hopes to return to the ice soon.

Lysacek re-aggravated an injury to his right groin and was on track to recover for Skate America prior to his setback.

"Things were going very well in my preparations for Skate America.” - Evan Lysacek (Prior to his injury)

“I am obviously very disappointed that I will not be competing next week as the anticipation was building and I was excited." - Evan Lysacek

I also read somewhere else where he said this injury was just a "minor setback"

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Alokya wrote:

I kinda understand how you feel Alokya...I know some people find Evan as a 'boring' skater, but when I saw him skate live once (GPF gala in Tokyo several seasons ago), he was unbelievably speedy and had total charisma. He got the loudest applause and standing ovation then. He's the kind of skater you should see live to get to know how really brilliant he is. But I'm of course happy for Armin! Wink

zarinaballerina wrote:

I agree. Evan is NOT a boring skater. I find it hard to understand why anyone would think he is. He is very fast, crisp, and has that strong, masculine skating style. He's definitely one of my favorite skaters.

I think the new rules stink too!! They're just going to make everything more difficult, complicated, and confusing. Just look what it's doing to Miki.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:35 am

Star85 wrote:
I agree. Evan is NOT a boring skater. I find it hard to understand why anyone would think he is. He is very fast, crisp, and has that strong, masculine skating style. He's definitely one of my favorite skaters.

I think the new rules stink too!! They're just going to make everything more difficult, complicated, and confusing. Just look what it's doing to Miki.

Honestly, I don't care much for Evan. If he comes back, I hope he discovered there are other colours he can use for his costume other than black, and that this much arm flapping while funny isn't really neccessary. Sorry, I couldn't help it. Razz

I wish they kept the qualifying rounds instead of this madness. I don't think those small federations who voted against qualy's understood the alternatives. Now their skaters are pretty much screwed, imo.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 1:18 am

According to our favorite friend, Phil Hersh...Evan Lysacek will announce today that he will not compete this season. More like ever again, since he's already missed 3-4 years of competition, and he can't do a quad to save his life.

https://twitter.com/olyphil/status/410274541848756224
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 5:46 am

Yeah - the last day to register for a pre-Olympic international competition is today (there is something in Vienna). Thank goodness for this. Now Adam and Jason can go in peace without USFS trying push their unprepared poster child to go.

Sarah and Drew ‏@SarahandDrew 7m
.@EvanLysacek will be making a big announcement on the @TODAYshow this morning. We probably all know what it is.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:52 pm

On an irrelevant note, what is Armin doing now? He's no longer skating?
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 7:08 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
On an irrelevant note, what is Armin doing now? He's no longer skating?

Yep. He retired. He's now a full time CS student.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:09 pm

shar wrote:
According to our favorite friend, Phil Hersh...Evan Lysacek will announce today that he will not compete this season. More like ever again, since he's already missed 3-4 years of competition, and he can't do a quad to save his life.

Not surprised, but what happens to all his sponsors for the OG? I remember him getting quite a few.

Which American men are going now? Big question for them...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:33 am

shar wrote:

Well, to be honest, he never had a 3A either. His 3A always looked like a salchow, yet somehow, he was never punished for it.

I think we all pretty much knew this is going to happen since 2012 season. Was he serious about his return, or was it only a publicity stunt to squeeze out as much money as possible while he's still  relevant?  scratch  Either way, everyone knew this guy has no chance what so ever to land on the Sochi podium. I wonder whether it's injury, or did he noticed the level Patrick, Yuzu, Javi and Co. have, and that even at his prime, he was never this good. I'm not trying to claim that he wasn't serious about his return, I'm just wondering.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 7:09 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

Well, to be honest, he never had a 3A either. His 3A always looked like a salchow, yet somehow, he was never punished for it.

I think we all pretty much knew this is going to happen since 2012 season. Was he serious about his return, or was it only a publicity stunt to squeeze out as much money as possible while he's still  relevant?  scratch  Either way, everyone knew this guy has no chance what so ever to land on the Sochi podium. I wonder whether it's injury, or did he noticed the level Patrick, Yuzu, Javi and Co. have, and that even at his prime, he was never this good. I'm not trying to claim that he wasn't serious about his return, I'm just wondering.

Oops, does that mean he'll keep pulling on this stunt for the next four years to get sponsors? Yeah, you're an Olympic champion, but America has produced far too many Olympic champion. You're no longer relevant. And you're not being "paid enough" anw, why don't you do sth else with your life?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:26 pm

pearlyriver wrote:

Oops, does that mean he'll keep pulling on this stunt for the next four years to get sponsors? Yeah, you're an Olympic champion, but America has produced far too many Olympic champion. You're no longer relevant. And you're not being "paid enough" anw, why don't you do sth else with your life?

He won't be able. After Sochi he'll be forgotten. He doesn't have any charisma or personality, he looks so boring heck, he even talks boringly. Like he has no life inside of him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evan returning? :D   Evan returning? :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evan returning? :D
Page 1 of 1