Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation

Go down 
+2
roma
shikure
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation Empty
PostSubject: Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation   Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:07 am

Those news were not released today but still related to Japanese skaters, so I decide to post here.

One is, finally they updated the list for season 2011-2012
http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/national/national_list.php?sports_id=2

The list is a little different from original announcement, since there were only three girls but now they added Akiko and Haruka.

ppl were not happy about they kick Akiko out of the original list since she performed well last season and they may kick her out just because her age Sad

But the strategy of Nagakubo coach is smart and correct, he sent Akiko and Haruka to other ISU competitions like Finlandia Trophy, or 2010 Ondrej Nepela Memorial to earn credit. Both of them got enough credit to keep them in GP assignment (especially for Haruka). Since they are in the first tier list, they can get some funding from government (?) and can have some right to use some specific rinks.

btw, both of them used beige boots for shows but based on Akiko's blog, looks like she still uses white boots for competition (may with cover as usual) .

Love Haruka's dress for EX this season https://youtu.be/BxS6DOoifYY
Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation Aflo-j10
Again, I love Haruka's designer and Haruka's facial expression
Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation Img-ha10

Akiko's dress for EX this season https://youtu.be/xRi6vmoe_PA good to see her still around
Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation Img-ak10

The other announcement, http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/whatsnew/detail.php?id=1682
The selection procedure for assigning worlds 2012 and 4cc
http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2011_Figure/2011-12_selection_procedure.pdf

ppl have issues about the procedure for worlds so I only put the part here.
for worlds, they will consider three components (how skaters can get credit)
1. top three Japan skaters in GPF
2. top three in Japan National Championship
3. top three of World standing after Japan National Championship

and if they want to be assigned to worlds, they need to compete in Japan National Championship
which means, Japan skaters can't skip whole season then want to compete in worlds.
Some ppl think the new rules were set to against Miki and force her to compete Sad

Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation   Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:17 am

Thanks for the update shikure!

I don't think the rules were set against Miki, however. For the past years Japan seemed to require those who want to compete at Worlds to compete at Nationals. They seem to be quite consistent with that unlike other federations. Besides, Japanese nationals is of really high standards considering all the competitors who are in it.

Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

PostSubject: Re: Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation   Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:27 am

roma wrote:
Thanks for the update shikure!

I don't think the rules were set against Miki, however. For the past years Japan seemed to require those who want to compete at Worlds to compete at Nationals. They seem to be quite consistent with that unlike other federations. Besides, Japanese nationals is of really high standards considering all the competitors who are in it.

Roma, you are right, and I think ppl think that way only because there is no one skip GP series in Japan except they injured or JSF asked them to quit like Nobu (maybe my memory is wrong). and somehow they compared that with Yuna's situation.
Back to top Go down
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

PostSubject: Re: Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation   Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:34 am

Hold up, I thought Miki wasn't going to compete at all this season (worlds included)?

Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation   Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:28 am

I don't think there has been any definite news of Miki not competing at worlds - all we know is that she is not competing at the Grand Prix series.
Back to top Go down
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

PostSubject: Re: Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation   Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:06 am

Ok, thanks, Alokya. In that case, it makes perfect sense for Miki to be required to skate at Nationals if she wants to go to Worlds this upcoming season. In defense of Yuna, their situations just aren't comparable. I know that Yuna being allowed to skip the GP series and Nats and still go to worlds bothers certain people, but she is literally the only skater in South Korea who can place well on the world stage and earn spots for her country. The exact opposite can be said about the singles' field in Japan.
Back to top Go down
kitty

kitty

PostSubject: Re: Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation   Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:56 pm

shikure, thanks so much for sharing with us so many great pic of Haruka. I felt sorry for her about the injury and hope she'll get well soon. She looks promising and wish her every good luck.

A remark about Japanese doll -- I was amazed when I look at Mao in kimono/furisode in detail, Mao's got an perfect Japanese face of a Jap doll (disregard her heavy tan which can be well covered by make-up). Somehow when I look at Haruka's picture I recall Chiyo in the film Memoirs of a Geisha. A bit strange isn't it?
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation   Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:05 am

I'm awaiting for this season, but I'm really glad that Akkiko is still in the running
Girl has been overrated for way too long now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation   Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two Announcements from Japan Skating Federation
Page 1 of 1