Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news

Go down 
+7
COHK
zarinaballerina
Alokya
clovera
ballerinamao
babayaga
Okami
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Empty
PostSubject: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 pm

23 Sep 2011 - Kanako Murakami and Miu Sato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRPf6suLn0Y
Although the clip is mostly about Kanako and Miu, many other skaters can be seen in the background. There are cute clips from charity shows (Mao, Miki...) and some practice clips (Akiko, Nobu).

At 3:31 the back of a male skater jumping a 3A can be seen. Can anyone recognize who it is? Smile

Kanako is doing 3F-3T and it looks pretty good! I'm just a bit worried because she tends to lean forward and tilt to the inside as Mao used to. It might hurt her later.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:53 pm

Guys, have you seen this - http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g9TUKnl8Uswd3UiLCaXu12c4kFow?docId=CNG.330cf9e82f366a9b90112d53371c24df.831 ?

That would be amazing if true, but people say it's almost impossible for Mervin to obtain Japanese citizenship in time for Olympics and without giving up his Canadian citizenship. Is this correct?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:22 pm

is mervin half japanese cause if yes it should be possible!
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Unfortunately not, this is the problem.

Quote :
Tran, the son of refugees from Vietnam and Cambodia, and Japanese Narumi Takahashi finished runners-up for their third senior Grand Prix medal.

I will be sad if they don't get to go to the Olympics, they are one of the most beautiful pairs right now Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:58 pm

I still don't get what the problem is scratch
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 4:09 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
I still don't get what the problem is scratch

Sorry i meant to say that the problem is that he is not even half Japanese. Smile
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Correct. Forget almost impossible though, it *is* impossible without him giving up his Canadian citizenship. Due to the Nationality Act (and its revisions) being a dual citizen of Japan is no longer permanent - it's only available until the individual is 22 years of age, at which time a decision must be made to either pick the Japanese citizenship only or to forfeit it and keep the citizenship of the other country in question. Technically speaking, there is a loophole that legally allows for the retainment of dual citizenship but A) the individual has to be born before 1985 and B) the other citizenship must be earned through jus solis or jus sanguini (i.e., not through naturalization). Hikaru Utada is curiously enough one of the very last people whom this applies to and while it's not made public, I'm pretty sure she successfully kept both. But I digress. Sweatdrop

Having Mervin give up his status as a Canadian national is sadly only half the problem, as getting a Japanese citizenship is already a bit of a stumbling block. I suppose a petition for extraordinary circumstances can be applied, but the chances of that happening is really low, although that horrible team event deal slated for Sochi just might work in his favor. Narumi at least seems fine with the fact that she won't be going to the Olys; she remarked in past interviews that they'll just have to win as many medals at Worlds in the future. Wink In any case, it's a crucial decision and no sane person will begrudge him on whichever decision he'll take, I think. It's too bad citizenship-hopping has to happen and the Olympics doesn't allow events like pairs/ice dance to have split-nation representation. I was always never fond of seeing great doubles players in tennis having to team up with lesser players from the same country just to fulfill the Olympic requirement. But then again, unlike most sports tennis has the luxury of Slam titles being more valuable than Olympic Gold, so... Laugh

Last edited by clovera on Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 4:34 pm

Thanks, clovera, that's what I was afraid of. I guess we'll find out soon about the outcome.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:37 pm

Once a Canadian citizen, always a Canadian citizen. That is their policy. Even if he tried, I don't think he'll ever be able to relinquish it unless he absolutely begs for it in front of Parliament.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:58 am

Alokya wrote:
Once a Canadian citizen, always a Canadian citizen. That is their policy. Even if he tried, I don't think he'll ever be able to relinquish it unless he absolutely begs for it in front of Parliament.

Wow, that's harsh. Although giving up one's citizenship must be brutal (I don't think I could ever do it). I can't imagine how he must feel. I know Kavaguti did it, can she ever get her japanese citizenship back?
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:25 am

I'm not sure where to put this news....don't think there's a topic for Mura.
But he just sent out this message on twiter:

無良 崇人 @takahito3211
結婚のご報告 この度、私、無良崇人は、かねてから交際をしておりました一般女性と4月8日に入籍を致しました事をここに、ご報告させていただきます。 5月頃には、新しい家族が増える予定でございます。

He just got married recently...WOW!!!!
Congratulation!!
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 4:17 am

Congratulations Mura !

He also says that a new family member is due to arrive in may. I guess he got married in similar circumstances as Nobu. Wink
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:44 am

Congratulations!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:47 am

Congratulations! Razz
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 6:01 pm

Yaaay, another skating baby to add to the list! Congratulations, Mura!!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:46 am

whoa! After Nobu it's Mura now. Congratulations of both your marriage and soon to be born baby!
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news   The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Japanese skaters - miscellaneous news
Page 1 of 1