Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HI!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kaabi

kaabi

HI! Empty
PostSubject: HI!   HI! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:33 am

Hello Everyone!

I'm a long time lurker finally deciding to come out and participate, at least a little Smile. I was a volunteer at Skate America (along with a good friend who told me about the opportunity!!!), and i got to act as the ice monitor for the pair's and ladies' short and long program, which means I got to open the doors for the skaters to go in!!!! @___@ (I wasn't nervous until the skaters came to line up in front of me, and then I realized "Holy shit this is real!!" For the first hour I swear my heart was pounding like crazy... I guess in that aspect it was a good thing Mao wasn't there otherwise I would've just about died =___=) Anyways, I could go on and on about my experience, but it was after that that I realized I needed to get more involved instead of observing fellow fans (and skaters) from afar!! ^_^

Hmm what else... Well my favorite skaters are Mao Asada and Daisuke Takahashi, and Takahiko Kozuka is a very very close second (especially after seeing him up close at Skate America @_@). I also like Jeremy Abbott, Davis & White, Savchenko & Szolkowy.... I really loved Johnny Weir too, he was the one who got me into male figure skating Smile And Sasha Cohen was my favorite way back then!! There's a lot but that's all I can think of for now... Oh yeah, I support Taka/Mao!! <3

I have some pictures/videos I'd like to share from Skate America but I dunno where's a good place to put them Smile" I know it's a little late but I always tend to be a little late to everything... Perhaps it's not appropriate since this is a Mao Asada fan forum though? But this is the only skating forum I go to (and only forum I regularly check) so... idk. Let me know if you guys are interested! It's mostly the Taka pictures I wanna share anyways XD

Haha I know this is really long but I tend to ramble when given the opportunity...
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

HI! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI!   HI! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:36 am

Welcome Kaabi Smile pls share everything about Taka ...not only pics also anything happened there (seriously..lol)

it sounds pretty common that ppl have crash on him after seeing him up close.
I heard about that a lot after 4CC in Taipei, everyone said he looks way better in person than on TV. and most of them been convinced that there is something between Mao and him Very Happy

I think if those pictures are related to SA you can share in SA thread but if you think that is no really related to the event, you can shard in Taka thread. If i am wrong, anyone~pls correct since I am really new in the forum (you can see my joint date).
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

HI! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI!   HI! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 3:32 am

welcome kaabi cheers it's always nice to have new members... and I feel soooo jalous that you got to see skating live and even the chance to talk to the skaters amazing...
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

HI! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI!   HI! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:43 am

YAY a new member!! Welcome kaabi! That's so cool that you volunteered at SA. Shikure's right about the pics (they can go in the Skate America section or the Takahiko section) and we'd love to see them as well as hear more about your experience, if you'd like to share! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kaabi

kaabi

HI! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI!   HI! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:45 pm

Ahh thanks everyone!! Yeah Takahiko is really cute in person, his face gets flattened out on screen and in pictures, but in person he's just.... @__@ I'd love to share my experiences and pictures, I can't stop talking about it haha which is why I wanted to share it here!
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

HI! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI!   HI! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:12 pm

Hello kaabi and welcome to the forum. Have fun and post often Smile

kaabi wrote:
Hmm what else... Well my favorite skaters are Mao Asada and Daisuke Takahashi, and Takahiko Kozuka is a very very close second (especially after seeing him up close at Skate America @_@).
Oh yeah, I support Taka/Mao!! <3
Yay, another member of the TakaMao club Thumbs up! Dance Too sweet!

I would love to hear your stories and see photos from SA, too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HI! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HI!   HI! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HI!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Administration :: Newbies Forum-
Jump to: