Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Honda family

Go down 
+3
zarinaballerina
linglang
dangerous_angel_face
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 7:01 am

Have you guys seen Marin Honda's perfomance? She won the 2012 International challenge cup on the debs level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e4x7tcwP0s
She's only 10 years old, but she's really impressive. I think she has huge potential.

She's the third child out of five siblings (girl, boy, girl, girl, girl), and all the kids except the oldest skate.

Here's her bro, Taichi Honda, 13. He was at the same competition, and placed second on the novice level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJRIJLv913g

Her little sis, 7 year old Miyu Honda (4th child), is a famous child actress. Thus she has already made her debut appearance at Prince ice world 2012.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sorPZ111mwc

They sure are one impressive family. sunny
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:11 am

dangerous_angel_face wrote:
Have you guys seen Marin Honda's perfomance? She won the 2012 International challenge cup on the debs level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e4x7tcwP0s
She's only 10 years old, but she's really impressive. I think she has huge potential.

She's the third child out of five siblings (girl, boy, girl, girl, girl), and all the kids except the oldest skate.

Here's her bro, Taichi Honda, 13. He was at the same competition, and placed second on the novice level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJRIJLv913g

Her little sis, 7 year old Miyu Honda (4th child), is a famous child actress. Thus she has already made her debut appearance at Prince ice world 2012.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sorPZ111mwc

They sure are one impressive family. sunny

Thanks dangerous_angel_face.
I didn't recognize the 7-year-old girl by her name, but when I clicked the link, I recognized her face. Very Happy
I didn't know she was a figure skater.

I love her sister Marin! She's fast and she can dance. Razz Lovely skater and I'm looking forward to seeing her clips more.
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Marin Honda won the Kinki regionals on the novice B level. She scored 83.30 (only the free skate)! According to the protocols, she landed 3lz-2t-2lo, 3s, 2a+3t, 3f, 3t, all clean, and she got level 4 on all spins. No downgrades on jumps and high level on spins is probably easier to accomplish in national competitions, but this is very impressive for an 11 year old.
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 8:47 am

Marin Honda won the novice B nationals with a score of 90.41 (free skate only)! Wow, there are many junior skaters who can't reach 90.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:00 am

Shocked This is an amazing score! Not only are there many juniors who can't reach this score, but also quite a lot of seniors (from smaller fed)
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:16 am

Wow! I want to watch her performance. Wish someone will post a video!
Back to top Go down
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
dangerous_angel_face

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:59 am

You can see parts of her performance here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzVnW9PXPB8
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:28 am

Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Marin Honda FS @ JPN Junior Nationals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ie-fcsAGZ4

Lovely Love Hearts 

Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 11:25 pm

Oh, I always thought you guys were refering to Takeshi Honda. Are they related?
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 12:33 am

pearlyriver wrote:
I don't think they are related. It's just that Honda is a commonly seen Japanese surname Wink
Marin's FS at Japan Junior competition this year really showed great improvement and potential. I've heard so much from ppl talking about Marin. But I used to think that I prefer her younger sister, Miyu, as Miyu can really perform to the music (given her background from acting it actually helps, I think). I hope Marin can keep on growing, both artistically and with her technique!  
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:50 pm

COHK wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
I don't think they are related. It's just that Honda is a commonly seen Japanese surname Wink
Marin's FS at Japan Junior competition this year really showed great improvement and potential. I've heard so much from ppl talking about Marin. But I used to think that I prefer her younger sister, Miyu, as Miyu can really perform to the music (given her background from acting it actually helps, I think). I hope Marin can keep on growing, both artistically and with her technique!  
What is the HOnday family's background? The kids are so lucky to have understanding parents who're dedicated to their skating progress.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 3:31 am

I don't know what their parents do.  I watched a video clip about Taichi, Marin and Miu and according to it the family looked well-off.  It looked like a family of three-generation living together. I wonder how the mother manages time while she take care of Miu who often goes to Tokyo for acting job and also take care of all those skating kids in Kansai.  It must be a lot of juggling.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 3:44 am

linglang wrote:
I don't know what their parents do.  I watched a video clip about Taichi, Marin and Miu and according to it the family looked well-off.  It looked like a family of three-generation living together. I wonder how the mother manages time while she take care of Miu who often goes to Tokyo for acting job and also take care of all those skating kids in Kansai.  It must be a lot of juggling.  Very Happy

Sounds busy, but thanks to Shinkansen the distance doesnt take too much time!
But the dad could help out instead!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 3:47 am

linglang wrote:
You mean Miu = Miyu? Is Miyu the correct spelling?
Just out of curiosity, why do you mention Kansai specifically? Is life in Kansai more hectic than other regions?And yes, their moms must be superhuman, even if she's well-off.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:49 am

pearlyriver wrote:
linglang wrote:
You mean Miu = Miyu? Is Miyu the correct spelling?
Just out of curiosity, why do you mention Kansai specifically? Is life in Kansai more hectic than other regions?And yes, their moms must be superhuman, even if she's well-off.
Sorry, it's Miyu. Sweatdrop 
IIRC, the Honda kids train in Osaka and Kyoto, which are located in Kansai region. It takes about 2.5 hours to Tokyo by Shinkansen bullet train.  I think Tokyo and Osaka are equally hectic, although people in Osaka walk faster than those in other regions. cat 

I just googled and found Miyu's wikipedia which says figure skating is their father's hobby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Honda family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda family   Honda family Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honda family
Page 1 of 1