Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alissa Czisny

Go down 
+8
zarinaballerina
linglang
ballerinamao
COHK
roma
Alokya
swan
tigster
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tigster

tigster

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Does anyone have any news on what Alissa is up to, and whether she is returning to competition anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:49 pm

nhk trophy will be her only assignment this grand prix season. she's definitely my favorite of the americans. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
tigster

tigster

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 12:00 am

swan wrote:
nhk trophy will be her only assignment this grand prix season. she's definitely my favorite of the americans. Love Hearts

I'm right with you Swan. Alissa has a lovely presence both on the ice and off. Both she and Mirai are my definite favorites.
Back to top Go down
swan
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
swan

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 12:13 am

she definitely has a lovely personality to match her skating. i wish she had a coach who could help correct her poor jumping technique (though i admit that jason and yuka did do a lot for her compared to how she was before). it's a shame she has that horrible hip injury. honestly, she's really the only american i like right now.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 8:19 am

Yeah, Alissa is still recovering from hip surgery. I still don't think it is confirmed that she will attend NHK. I love her loads... I wish we could have seen her sooner! If only she had the consistency of Ashley Wagner... and she really did before worlds and her at that time unknown hip problem... and the judges didn't overscore Ashley...
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 8:20 am

Where did I read today that Alissa will be skating Nov 3 in I think Scott's show?
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:50 am

roma wrote:
Where did I read today that Alissa will be skating Nov 3 in I think Scott's show?

Yes, and here's the report from Icenetwork:
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20121105&content_id=40174250&vkey=ice_news

""It's such an honor to be a part of this show," said Czisny, who was her usual exquisite self but struggled with her jumps. "I'm getting better. This is the first time I have really done anything. It hasn't been an easy process but hopefully, I will be ready for NHK [Trophy] (Nov. 23-25).""

And I read somewhere on GSF that she had a new program (not sure SP or FS) choreo-ed by Zueva
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Alissa attended "Fox Cities Invitational" this weekend to perform her SP and FS. But there's sad news that she's injured during her FS skating...she fell on a jump toward the end of the FS (from GSF) Depressed Crying

Her new FS is "Gone with the wind"...praying there's nothing serious from the fall!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 8:33 pm

it's really unbelievable how many serious injuries alissa has had recently, I really hope she will give herself time to fully recover and come strongly back, i would have loved to see her make the world team along with Mirai, through mirai still seems to have a good shot at making it this time.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:57 am

oh no ... Alissa ... Depressed Crying I pray for her quick recovery and strong come back in Olympic season.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:45 am

Quote :

Hm, I kind of see Ashley and Gracie on this year's world team, but it would be so awesome if Mirai could make it, however for this to happen she'll have to have an AMAZING and perfect competition at nationals, IMO. Placement at this year's worlds will determine the spots for Oly's, and USA wants the 3 spots back.

I know that Ashley and Grazie most likely will make the world team, but if i could make a wish I would want to see Alissa and Mirai make the team, Alissa because i don't wont her performance at last years worlds to be the last one by her. Mirai because it's her time now, since Gracie has been inconsistent.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:53 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
COHK wrote:
Alissa attended "Fox Cities Invitational" this weekend to perform her SP and FS. But there's sad news that she's injured during her FS skating...she fell on a jump toward the end of the FS (from GSF) Depressed Crying

Her new FS is "Gone with the wind"...praying there's nothing serious from the fall!

Maybe it's just a minor injury, like an ugly bruise or something, at least I hope so. She isn't my cup of tea but I hate it when skaters injure themselves, hopefully she'll bounce back soon.

ballerinamao wrote:
i would have loved to see her make the world team along with Mirai, through mirai still seems to have a good shot at making it this time.

Hm, I kind of see Ashley and Gracie on this year's world team, but it would be so awesome if Mirai could make it, however for this to happen she'll have to have an AMAZING and perfect competition at nationals, IMO. Placement at this year's worlds will determine the spots for Oly's, and USA wants the 3 spots back.

It wasn't minor, she fell on a 3f and got carried off the ice by a stretcher Bawling
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 am

I saw the first half of her FS "Gone with the wind"
She looked lovely as always ...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:18 am

l-spiralmao wrote:

It wasn't minor, she fell on a 3f and got carried off the ice by a stretcher Bawling

pale Oh oh, this isn't good. Depressed Crying Hopefully she'll be able to recover completely for the next season.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:58 pm

She looked to be back on form from the SP video for me (though the video is of poor quality) and was looking forward to her FS. Reading Alokya's post about it on the FB page made me feel so sad. She's a wonderful skater and why does this stuff happen so much to her with Nationals is coming up. It doesn't look good from what I've read so far but I hope she will be ok and that she'll recover soon.

Do we have any other video of that FS? The only video yesterday was set to private soon after and then the user deleted the acct.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:19 pm

roma wrote:
She looked to be back on form from the SP video for me (though the video is of poor quality) and was looking forward to her FS. Reading Alokya's post about it on the FB page made me feel so sad. She's a wonderful skater and why does this stuff happen so much to her with Nationals is coming up. It doesn't look good from what I've read so far but I hope she will be ok and that she'll recover soon.

Do we have any other video of that FS? The only video yesterday was set to private soon after and then the user deleted the acct.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWtsR8JZMJw This video stops right before the fall happened.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:59 pm

babayaga wrote:
roma wrote:

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWtsR8JZMJw This video stops right before the fall happened.

Thank you! She looked to be doing so well from the start and the music fits her style of skating. it's sad to think what happened after.
I've read she re-injured her hip and has already undergone surgery. That really sounded bad. Sad

Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Did she already have another surgery? Oh, this is bad. Sad Poor Alissa, I was so happy to see her skating again.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:20 pm

And she has officially withdrawn. She dislocated her hip????

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=48878&type=media
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:08 am

Hmmm... seems those surgery reports I've read in other forums ain't true but not really sure on the treatment made. It's a dislocated hip but I think not as bad as that labral tear previously.

Here's a recent update with quotes from her coach regarding the injury:
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130115&content_id=40966986&vkey=ice_news
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Philip Hersh ‏@olyphil
Alissa Czisny underwent surgery today for a dislocated hip.

Best of luck to her!
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Just saw that news on my feed also. I hope she'll let that hip heal totally first before really returning to the ice. Best of luck to her.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:06 am

So Alissa has withdrawn from Sectionals, which also means that she'll end her season from now on. It's not surprising but so sad. She's a pleasure to watch, always has beautiful costumes and I enjoy following her Instagram. She doesn't post selfies like many people and her photos are just as artistic as her Love Hearts 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:29 am

pearlyriver wrote:
So Alissa has withdrawn from Sectionals, which also means that she'll end her season from now on. It's not surprising but so sad. She's a pleasure to watch, always has beautiful costumes and I enjoy following her Instagram. She doesn't post selfies like many people and her photos are just as artistic as her Love Hearts 
That's a shame, but IMO, the right decision. She was nowhere near ready, and after such an injury/surgery, it takes a very long time to recuperate.

So the battle for the third spot is going to be among Agnes (God I hope she satys at home), Christina (come on girl you can do it) and Courtney.

I wonder though, what will happen if Gracie will have a meltdown. I know she's on the team no matter what, but audience and FS fans won't be happy. Ashley had to endure some very harsh criticism last year, for winning with that anything but perfect skate.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:38 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
That's a shame, but IMO, the right decision. She was nowhere near ready, and after such an injury/surgery, it takes a very long time to recuperate.

So the battle for the third spot is going to be among Agnes (God I hope she satys at home), Christina (come on girl you can do it) and Courtney.

I wonder though, what will happen if Gracie will have a meltdown. I know she's on the team no matter what, but audience and FS fans won't be happy. Ashley had to endure some very harsh criticism last year, for winning with that anything but perfect skate.
In a sense, we know that Gracie and Ashley will go no matter what, just like Julia and Adel, unless Adel has a meltdown and Anna takes her place. Gracie is working on a new SP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alissa Czisny Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alissa Czisny   Alissa Czisny Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alissa Czisny
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next