Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Announcement] New Moderators Application

Go down 
+3
Alokya
PochinkoPotanko
☆Genie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

[Announcement] New Moderators Application  Empty
PostSubject: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Hello folks!

After some (confusion) over the new moderator issue, it seems to me that a lot of the members in this forum have voiced some concerns over the selection process of the moderators.

In order to proceed with the selection in a democratic way, I have decided to allow anybody to apply for a moderator position. After I have obtained all applications from the members, I will discuss the applications with the other administrators to obtain a census on the general opinion of each candidate.

In addition, members can also recommend other members for the moderator position by sending a PM to the following user: Recommendations

Through this process and other factors, we'll put the names for the final candidates for everybody to vote upon through a PM message to my PM box. The member with the most votes will be chosen and another moderator will most likely be chosen through a combination of the following determinants: votes, posts #, activity, and recommendations.

Hopefully through this process and the voting process, we'll be able to obtain 2 strong moderators to join the current team of moderators!

The following deadlines for applications & recommendations have been outlined in the list below:

1. APPLICATIONS FOR MODERATORS DUE: JANUARY 15, 2012
2. RECOMMENDATIONS FOR MODERATORS DUE: JANUARY 16, 2012
4. VOTING FOR FINAL CANDIDATES DUE: JANUARY 23, 2012 (2 votes per person)
5. NEW MODERATORS ANNOUNCEMENT: JANUARY 24, 2012

Quote :
The application for the moderators [PLEASE PM THE APPLICATION TO ME]

Name:
Reasons for why we should select you as a moderator:
How many hours can you invest into the forum on a weekly basis?:
What do you believe is the most important thing about being a moderator?:
Describe something personal about yourself:

** ANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT CURRENT MODERATORS, PLEASE PM WITH AN EXPLANATION TO ME ASAP **

Updates to the process will be updated on this thread - so, check it often!

Last edited by ☆Genie on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 11:27 pm

I support your decision on how to deal with this matter totally. Thank you as always ☆Genie, you really are the best! Thumbs up!

I think it's esp great how you combined, applyings, recommendations and voting altogether. In this way I think we'd have enough candidates to choose from, so we'll have a better chance in avoiding people who got low votes getting hurt. I suppose the best we can do to avoid people from getting hurt from vote results, are to have few (1~3) selected candidates, while we have more (over 3 maybe?) candidates who weren't selected in the end. In that way, being selected through votes will be a special honorable result, while we can consider being not selected as no tragedy but a normal thing.

I'd like to add though, that like linglang and some others have said in the other thread on this matter, if anyone should be recommened by a number of members and becomes a candidate even though the person doesn't want to be a mod...I'd appreciate it if those candidates would consider accepting the position as much as possible. If they decide they do not want or cannot be a mod in the end I'm sure everyone will respect that and go on finding another mod available with Genie...but Genie has been doing the job for us mostly on her own for a long time. I personally feel each of us should at least consider taking the job or not when selected instead of rejecting from the start, cause we probably owe that much to Genie. Genie has her own life just like we all do and can't be around the forum at all times. She should be entitled to have a helping hand around her.

The Olys season is approaching, and that means we may have some obvious trolls coming into this forum to mess things up on purpose. When things like that happen, it'll be tough for Genie to handle everything by herself only. Let's all keep in mind that we're going to be selecting additional mods not only for ourselves but for Genie, too.

Btw, when we're thinking of recommending another member or thinking on which candidate to vote for, I think we should keep in mind the member's and candidate's Eng abilities. This may sound harsh since alot of us are not native Eng speakers, but the thing is, misunderstandings do happen often because of language problems. Also, note that the forumotion service which this forum is built upon, does give you a certain number of language choices in moderation and administration pages, but the default language is Eng and sometimes the translations for other languages aren't so good (I know this because I administrate and moderate our Jpnse forum using the same forumotion service. I have assistant mods there, but they often find it difficult how to use the system).

But anyways, let's follow Genie's plans and try to participate in applying, recommending and voting as much as we can. Genie listened to our opinions on how we would like a mod to be chosen, so I think it's our turn now to cooperate for her. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:18 am

This is a great idea. What is the process for recommending someone else? I just put down their name and why they should be a mod - does that work?
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Alokya wrote:
This is a great idea. What is the process for recommending someone else? I just put down their name and why they should be a mod - does that work?

Yup, you can simply do that.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: One quick suggestion to Genie   [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:34 pm

One quick suggestion to Genie to help her and our new mods-to-be - as you mentioned, the Olympic season is fast approaching and with it will come trolls. Could there possibly be a "spam alert" button or something of the sort so that the mods can be alerted in case they are busy so that they can quickly look to see if the post needs to be deleted?
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:11 am

Alokya, I decided to merge the post you made to another thread to this one, because I felt that ' [Announcement] New Moderators Application' thread should remain at top of the menu until the selections for new mods are over. Members (like me) tend to miss reading important notices in 'Help & Feedback', so I thought it would be better for your new post to be in this thread than the other old one. Sorry for not consulting with you Genie on this matter first; I felt it should be done asap, since the deadlines for applying etc. for mods were coming close. I will keep myself from doing these kinds of things from now on. Please consider it as an action of a mod for the time being until we select a proper mod. Sorry for the complications if I had caused any! Worship

BTW...I've never noticed any spam alert buttons available in the forumotions system while I'd been administrating our Jpnse forum for about 3 years so far...But Mao forum has more credits than our Jpnes forum so maybe foumotions have given access to such techs if there are any, not sure though. Question
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:53 pm

I was away from forum for some time due to my winter vacation, a lot of news here! Thank you so much Genie for making this thread, I guess today is the last day to send recommendations? I hope I'm not too late. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:50 pm

I have gathered all applications & recommendations.
The voting for the new moderators will commence tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 pm

☆Genie wrote:
I have gathered all applications & recommendations.
The voting for the new moderators will commence tomorrow.

Thank you Genie for doing all this for us. You truely are a fine mod, and I hope we can select others who can be mods like you. Smile
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 8:59 am

Okay, after looking & reviewing all of the recommendations & applications, voting for the new moderators will commence. I have chosen 5 final candidates based on the recommendaitons of everybody.

People already in the poll itself CANNOT vote for anybody, however if you request to remove your name from the possible candidates, please contact me ASAP through a PM.

All votes must be sent via a PM to the user called: Recommendations

Candidates:
1. klarification
2. polosatik
3. linglang
4. roma
5. Star85

** Candidates that do not want to run for the position, please contact me ASAP to remove your name from the list **

Voting will end on the 23rd.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:21 am

How many are you allowed to vote for? Just one? Or more than one?
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Alokya wrote:
How many are you allowed to vote for? Just one? Or more than one?

I included this information in the first post.
You can vote 2 times for any member. Therefore, it can be two different members or you could decide to put all your votes on one candidate.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:21 pm

☆Genie wrote:
Okay, after looking & reviewing all of the recommendations & applications, voting for the new moderators will commence. I have chosen 5 final candidates based on the recommendaitons of everybody.

People already in the poll itself CANNOT vote for anybody, however if you request to remove your name from the possible candidates, please contact me ASAP through a PM.

Candidates:
1. klarification
2. polosatik
3. linglang
4. roma
5. Star85

** Candidates that do not want to run for the position, please contact me ASAP to remove your name from the list **

Should we PM you or Reccomendations? confused
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:41 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:
☆Genie wrote:

Candidates:
1. klarification
2. polosatik
3. linglang
4. roma
5. Star85

Should we PM you or Reccomendations? confused

Please PM Recommendations
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:00 pm

Wow, didn't expect to see me on the list! I wanted to be humble and not nominate myself. So thank you to whoever nominated me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 8:31 pm

I was going to vote, but then I realized that since I'm in the poll, I'm not supposed to. Sweatdrop I am not really sure who nominated me, but thank you since it means someone here in the forums think I'll be competent enough to be a mod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement] New Moderators Application    [Announcement] New Moderators Application  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Announcement] New Moderators Application
Page 1 of 1