Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao News: Off-Season 2013

Go down 
+43
inskate
BowbowDaijin
chapis
sapphiresky
europeanfan
whiteboots2013
klarification
Haidogirl
shar
pearlyriver
mika
l-spiralmao
tianrushui
Czarace
Mao2012
aoi88
Asada_Rising
ElleluvsL
helen91
ilovethai
chiyori
zarinaballerina
Alokya
Hotaru
bibi
maowataiyo
Mao_Asada_sunrise
polosatik
ballerinamao
Abdiel
tinalulu
babayaga
let`s talk
kaarolcia
josling
silenceisgolden
COHK
sweetdream
linglang
shikure
☆Genie
roma
CraZsk8r
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 4:35 am

polosatik wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OjKJNVSEsc Guys, where this cute video from? Kanako,Mao and Akko so cute!!! I love you

It's from this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3GcPvmBORXU
It was actually Akiko's interview. The last part Akiko talks about her relationship wih Mao and Kanako. That's where this "funny" video of the trio was from! geek
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 6:14 am

COHK wrote:
polosatik wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OjKJNVSEsc Guys, where this cute video from? Kanako,Mao and Akko so cute!!! I love you

It's from this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3GcPvmBORXU
It was actually Akiko's interview. The last part Akiko talks about her relationship wih Mao and Kanako. That's where this "funny" video of the trio was from! geek
Omg, thank you!!! flower
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:07 pm

wice2020 uploaded these Rachmanioff Piano Concerto No. 2
videos with Mao's performances an year ago!
Both of them are so good but I prefer the third movement for her program. Many Hearts

The first movement/Bells
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSfKidgLXwU

The third movement/Liebestraum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfyAXZ3ibyc

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:11 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
wice2020 uploaded these Rachmanioff Piano Concerto No. 2
videos with Mao's performances an year ago!
Both of them are so good but I prefer the third movement for her program. Many Hearts

The first movement/Bells
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSfKidgLXwU

The third movement/Liebestraum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfyAXZ3ibyc

I still wish she'd chosen something else, but with the right music cut and choreography, this program has potential of becoming epic. I got goosebumps.

IMO, she'll choose the first movement for the beginning and I hope TAT gave her the third movement for step sequence.

My personal favourite would be: first movement for the beginning to set up the mood and it also goes beautifully with her 3A, second movement for in between and third for step sequence and choreographic sequence. I don't know though if there would be enough time to put all this in a 4 minute program. Too bad that the step sequence must come before the choreographic sequence, I seriously hate this rule.

Here is Rachmaninoff's piano concerto No.2, Second movement
Music from 2 minute onward would be perfect for Mao. Love Hearts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzuD5hveXuM
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 7:35 pm

This is from "キャッチ!", the news clip is about Mao and Mai's charity skating classroom held earlier this month:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-hLEQzSFSA&feature=youtu.be

It seems that most of the kids didn't have any skating experience prior to the skating lesson. They ended up the lesson with a skating relay game and everyone was having a good time!
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 7:27 am

Jun 16th activity -- news conference for new products of "Omron"

Links:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130614-00000347-oric-ent
http://news24.jp/entertainment/news/1628635.html#
http://newslounge.net/archives/82993 (here are some photos from the news conference...Mao's wearing pajamas during the news conference)
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports/figureskate/headlines/article/20130616-00000068-kyodo_sp

(I'm more interested in the last link from sportsnavi, it says (roughly) that, since Mao has completed the choreography of all the new programs, she has started with the regular training/practice for the new programs about 3~4 hrs per day.
Hope she'll be benefited from the early start this season!!) 

Clip of the interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojtod7Rp9uU&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:22 am

thanks for the links COHK, but what was Mao saying in the news conference?
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:35 am

Re: 
I'll try to list a couple points that I understand (but pls feel free to add up anything that I missed! I'm sorry that I can't provide a full translation...there are a lot of places I don't quite get them either!)

- The background setting of the interview is "Mao's room". Mao says it's almost like her bedroom except for one small place: the curtain in her room in different from this setting
- (Not sure about this: does Mao say the tone of her room is white, as it is very relaxing?)
- The interviewer asks if she decorates her room with medals...Mao says no Wink, but she likes flowers as decoration
- Mao is wearing today the pajama she likes 
- The interviewer asks how long she usually sleeps. Mao says usually 8 hrs

Adding: 
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2013/06/17/kiji/K20130617006027200.html
Perhaps some of you have got the news somewhere else: Tarasova will go to Jpn toward the end of July for a week or so. (One of) the purposes will be to help Mao "brush up" the FS.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:54 am

thanks so much the translation, I have to say i'm pleasantly surprised that Tarasova will come to japan to "brush" up the programs. this makes me really hopeful about getting some practice clips :PI would love to see how Mao training is going.
Back to top Go down
CraZsk8r

CraZsk8r

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:03 pm

I, too have mixed feelings about Lori re-creating the Nocturne program for Mao. But I'm glad that she's skating to classical music for both SP and Free; It really brings out the balletic side of her, with the grace and elegance.

Also...Can anyone explain how Putin is involved in this at all? I mean, I've never seen President Obama discuss Olympic skaters with Frank Carroll or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:11 pm

Another interview broadcasted earlier this week (thanks to the uploader!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J5NUvptUb8k

(Note: the main interviewer had an interview with Mao 3 yrs ago after Vancouver Oly. This is the 1st time she interviews Mao since the last one. As seen in the clip, they decorate the background with photos of Mao from various stages of her skating career, starting from 2002 when Mao was 12.)

Just picking up couple of points:
- When talking about private life as a 22-yr old woman, Mao says she just tries different things during her private time: shopping..etc. and learns to lead the life like a grown-up adult. Mao says she likes plum wine soda as well.
- the interviewer asks about her meaning of "showing cumulation in Sochi" and thoughts about retirement
- Talking about "Nocturne" (for SP): as the theme is "first love", the interviewer asks what kind of image will she present with the "first love" theme as 22-yr old? Mao answers: when making the new program with Lori, Lori says she should think of the person she falls in love with for the first time. But since there is no such person, it's okay to think of Aero ...Laugh
- The interviewer asks about what's the meaning of Olympic gold medal to her: Mao says Oly gold medal was her dream since her childhood. For now she's still conscious of the gold medal, but comparing to Vancouver, when she was putting her goal on gold medal far ahead of her performance, right now she is thinking more about the performance as priority.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 12:37 am

Thank you for the information, COHK!

I read somewhere before that Mao's first love was Kento Nakamura
when she was an elementary school girl.
They got together at the figure skating camp, IIRC. 

According to the recent magazine,
Mao was impressed by Anjelika Krylova's beauty
when they both joined Philippe Candeloro's shows in 2002.

Both of the encounters were at around the same time, I guess ...Smile
Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 1808aa10
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 8:23 am

I do have to say that Anjelika Krylova is GORGEOUS, especially in person!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 4:45 am

COHK thanx for posting this interiew and providing us with the summary!Thank you!Daisies for you

COHK wrote:
- Talking about "Nocturne" (for SP): as the theme is "first love", the interviewer asks what kind of image will she present with the "first love" theme as 22-yr old? Mao answers: when making the new program with Lori, Lori says she should think of the person she falls in love with for the first time. But since there is no such person, it's okay to think of Aero ...Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 340889

lol! This is too cute. But I do feel for her, she's 22 and doesn't have the time to find someone special. No wonder she's thinking of retirement, she's an adult who wants to live a life as well, not just to skate.

I hope though, that she's just keeping her private life private and that there's someone special after all.Yep!

silenceisgolden wrote:
I read somewhere before that Mao's first love was Kento Nakamura
when she was an elementary school girl.
They got together at the figure skating camp, IIRC.

:shock:Wow, i didn't know this. She can think of Nakamura then:toothy:, or to say it better, the feelings her crush on him made her feel. You know the butterflies in her stomach and such...

Alokya, I completely agree, Anjelica is stunning.Love Hearts And she looks like she's a nice person as well.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:14 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjkhRd9nO7I

Summary
Mr. Nakayama (interviewer) uses Air Weave mattress.

About last season where she won five games out of six
She's relieved that in last season she finally came back to the level where she had been aiming and good results followed.  This season she is more focused on delivering what she's been practicing than medals.  She's happy that good results followed.  (Note: She said this season but she might misspoken.)

About Japanese nationals where she does very well particularly
She also thinks she's strong at nationals.  She competes as many as four games before nationals.  She thinks nationals is held in the best time when her conditions are most stabled, both technically and mentally.

About off-season
She's been practicing while taking some time off.  She's started to get prepared for the next season.  She eat out with other skaters at the end of season.  When girls get together they often talk about food -  a nice pork shabu-shabu restaurant, a pan cake cafe.

About overseas trip
She's not picky about food.  When she goes to overseas, she takes soy-source, rice and soy-bean powder with her. Soy-source can change the taste of any food to Japanese taste.  She eats rice with some tippings, such as ginger, seaweed paste, etc. before competition and it's the source of power for her.

About Olympics 3 spots
It's not only nationals that counts.  Making to the GPF makes a big difference. So even the very first game is important for Olympic season.  When she starts performance, she thoroughly concentrated on herself.  She thinks that's the way to deliver the best out of her. 

About "culmination"
Olympics were her dream since she was a very young skater. After Vancouver, she found many things that she wanted to correct. She's been working so hard to improve quality and she want to bring out her best at Sochi.  She wants to bring out everything she has in her heart at Sochi.  She had used the word "culmination" well before the interview (which triggered retirement fuss).  But, she really wants to bring out her best at Sochi as culmination. And at the same time, she wanted to tell her determination to her fans and she wants her fans to know her determination when they support her.  She will skate at competitions that this is going to be her last season. But if there is something she regret, she may think she wants to compete once again. But, she thinks to herself that there is only eight months left and she will do what she can do everyday to end the season without regret.

About Kim Yuna coming back
Viewers will enjoy it and it gives more excitement. There will be some more skaters who will come back in addition to Kim Yuna.  That will enhance (the level of competition?).  She's really looking forward it too.

About Sochi Olympic games
"As usual" (written). It's held once every four years and she's been working towards this goal.  She may loose my composure thought, she wants to keep "as usual" in mind while making progress.

(Sorry for rush translation)

(ETA: Yey! I've got five stars!!)

Last edited by linglang on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:45 pm

linglang wrote:

About "culmination"
Olympics were her dream since she was a very young skater. After Vancouver, she found many things that she wanted to correct. She's been working so hard to improve quality and she want to bring out her best at Sochi.  She wants to bring out everything she has in her heart at Sochi.  She had used the word "culmination" well before the interview (which triggered retirement fuss).  But, she really wants to bring out her best at Sochi as culmination. And at the same time, she wanted to tell her determination to her fans and she wants her fans to know her determination when they support her.  She will skate at competitions that this is going to be her last season. But if there is something she regret, she may think she wants to compete once again. But, she thinks to herself that there is only eight months left and she will do what she can do everyday to end the season without regret.

(ETA: Yey! I've got five stars!!)

I hope this will come true. I just wish she'll have a competition of her life in Sochi, whatever the result. It would be sooo amazing if she wins I won't deny this, but ultimately,as long as she'll achieve what she set out to do (two squeaky clean programs)... everything else is in the judges' hands.

Congrats on getting 5 starts and welcome to the club.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CraZsk8r

CraZsk8r

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 7:34 am

Here's a video unrelated to Sochi. Mao's talking about what she eats when she's out of the country (Japan). I think this http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=w6Ziua0Az1E&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dw6Ziua0Az1E%26feature%3Dyoutu.beone is fairly recent
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:14 am

CraZsk8r wrote:
Here's a video unrelated to Sochi. Mao's talking about what she eats when she's out of the country (Japan). I think this http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=w6Ziua0Az1E&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dw6Ziua0Az1E%26feature%3Dyoutu.beone is fairly recent

Thank you zariana!

Thank you CraZsk8r for the link.

Mao says: When she goes to overseas, eating out is one of things she looks forward to. When she was walking along the street, she found a restaurant and decided to go in. She ordered two different kinds of spaghettis.  When it was served, she thought something was odd, but she decided to eat anyway.  And it wasn't spagetti.  She was wondering what it was while eating and finally got it.  It was zucchini sliced into thin strips to look like noodle. Then she realized it was a raw food restaurant which serves uncooked dishes only. Actually, she went out with appetite for carbohydrate food but she came home without eating carbohydrate at all. 

Mao ends her talk with "chan-chan".  LOL it's so cute. Razz
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:11 am

linglang wrote:
CraZsk8r wrote:

Thank you zariana!

Thank you CraZsk8r for the link.

Mao says: When she goes to overseas, eating out is one of things she looks forward to. When she was walking along the street, she found a restaurant and decided to go in. She ordered two different kinds of spaghettis.  When it was served, she thought something was odd, but she decided to eat anyway.  And it wasn't spagetti.  She was wondering what it was while eating and finally got it.  It was zucchini sliced into thin strips to look like noodle. Then she realized it was a raw food restaurant which serves uncooked dishes only. Actually, she went out with appetite for carbohydrate food but she came home without eating carbohydrate at all. 

Mao ends her talk with "chan-chan".  LOL it's so cute. Razz

Thanks so much for the translation linglang. I love how Mao's such a foodie Love HeartsMushy LoveThumbs up!
Btw what does "chan-chan" mean?
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:54 am

ilovethai, "chan-chan" is onomatope which is used to tell listeners that it's the end of a story.  It's like "The End" and "Fin" marks which often appear at the end of old films.  I do not hear people say "chan-chan" nowadays.  So, I was a little bit surprised when Mao said it.  Actually, she said "chan-chan ... -ish" a little self-consiously and it's so cute.  Razz
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 6:55 pm

The Jpn news program "News Zero" has a special program "Road to Sochi 2014". In this clip they are discussing Mao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEnZVuUpjg

Shizuka Arakawa was invited to comment on Mao's new programs and the choices. Shizuka says Mao's new SP is different from the Nocturne 7 years ago in that, the new one is more "adult"-like, and the using of hand movements is quite different and more expressive now.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:49 pm

COHK wrote:
The Jpn news program "News Zero" has a special program "Road to Sochi 2014". In this clip they are discussing Mao:

Shizuka Arakawa was invited to comment on Mao's new programs and the choices. Shizuka says Mao's new SP is different from the Nocturne 7 years ago in that, the new one is more "adult"-like, and the using of hand movements is quite different and more expressive now.
Thank you:sunny: . Baby Mao looked so cute in the uniform. It seems like Mao was born to skate to Chopin's music. I prefer her body movements in this version to the 2006 version.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 1:03 pm

COHK wrote:

Thank you for posting this. Shizuka looks so beautiful, but very thin.Neutral  And her hair is gorgeous.Love Are there any special hair products that japanese women use, or is it because of the japanese diet?  All women seem to have fantastic hair.

I really liked the second Chopin dress. I wish she'd stop with padded bras and other stuff that emphasizes her breast, but on TV this dress looked beautiful, especially the back.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 4:27 am

Mao's dresses look wonderful esp. the second one except for a minor thing -- that loose design in front. I don't think it's padded but it should have been a fitted bodice -- and then it'll be perfect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Hey everyone. It has come to my attention that our very own Mao has been nominated for the prestigious Women's Sports Foundation annual Sportswoman of the Year Award Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers Encore Encore

Here is the article: http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/lane9/news/World/35626.asp?q=Missy-Franklin-A-Nominee-Again-for-Women's-Sports-Foundation's-Annual-Honors

Now Yuna Kim won this award in 2010 (the year she won the Olympics). But she beat some pretty top athletes from other sports, which kinda drives me to the conclusion that her fans and A LOT of Koreans must have come to the website in droves and voted for her.

After the last 2 sub-par seasons Mao had, and the dominating comeback she made this past season winning 6 competitions and winning bronzes in another 2, I think Mao deserves to be competitive for this award Very Happy Very Happy Dance Confetti 

Here's the link to where you can vote: http://action.womenssportsfoundation.org/site/Survey?ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS&SURVEY_ID=3100

Good luck Mao! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News: Off-Season 2013   Mao News: Off-Season 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao News: Off-Season 2013
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next