Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 European Gymnastics Championship

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

2013 European Gymnastics Championship Empty
PostSubject: 2013 European Gymnastics Championship   2013 European Gymnastics Championship Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 9:55 am

I can't wait for the European Gymnastics Championship to commence next week. Pitty that there won't be team final. I personally want to see Musty bring about her A game, Afan keep up her gorgeous floor routine and Komova and Grishina redeem themselves. I'm also excited to see Larisa Iordache. I watched her at the World Cup Challenger at Doha last week and she looked so grown up. Anyone joins me?

This year's Worlds AA will get very crowed.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 European Gymnastics Championship   2013 European Gymnastics Championship Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 7:44 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
I can't wait for the European Gymnastics Championship to commence next week. Pitty that there won't be team final. I personally want to see Musty bring about her A game, Afan keep up her gorgeous floor routine and Komova and Grishina redeem themselves. I'm also excited to see Larisa Iordache. I watched her at the World Cup Challenger at Doha last week and she looked so grown up. Anyone joins me?

Thanks for the thread, pearlyriver!

My predictions: http://randompersonbeingrandom.wordpress.com/2013/04/14/european-championships-hopes/

And my next dream team: http://randompersonbeingrandom.wordpress.com/2013/04/14/dream-team-china/ (yes, I know China isn't in Europe, but.... Escape Escape Escape Escape Escape )
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 European Gymnastics Championship   2013 European Gymnastics Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 12:51 am

l-spiralmao wrote:

Thanks for the thread, pearlyriver!

My predictions: http://randompersonbeingrandom.wordpress.com/2013/04/14/european-championships-hopes/

And my next dream team: http://randompersonbeingrandom.wordpress.com/2013/04/14/dream-team-china/ (yes, I know China isn't in Europe, but.... Escape Escape Escape Escape Escape )

Thanks I-spiralmao. I've learned a lot from reading your blog. I hope there'll be a Russian sweep at beam final. I watched Aliya performing bars at the Russian Championship a few weeks ago, and I was surprised to see her struggle there.
Cheng Fei is my most favorite Chinese gymnast. She has power, grace and great sportsmanship. Arguably the best Chinese captain. I'd replace Yao Jinnan with Sui Lu. I think she's the most talented Chinese gymnast at the moment, and she's also very consistent. Probably the most mentally strong member of the Chinese team.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 European Gymnastics Championship   2013 European Gymnastics Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 3:40 am

pearlyriver wrote:

It's next week?!!! Yay! cheers I just hope someone will broadcast it, Eurosport seems to have given up on this sport druning non Oly's years Bawling , hopefully Slovenian TV will be kind enough to broadcast. Worship

pearlyriver wrote:
I hope there'll be a Russian sweep at beam final.

Oh heck no! I want Iordache to win it! Yep! Wub

Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 European Gymnastics Championship   2013 European Gymnastics Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 5:16 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

It's next week?!!! Yay! cheers I just hope someone will broadcast it, Eurosport seems to have given up on this sport druning non Oly's years Bawling , hopefully Slovenian TV will be kind enough to broadcast. Worship

Some Youtubes uploaded videos of various gymnastics competition just a few weeks after it finished. I'll post them here if you like.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 European Gymnastics Championship   2013 European Gymnastics Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:09 am

pearlyriver wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:

Some Youtubes uploaded videos of various gymnastics competition just a few weeks after it finished. I'll post them here if you like.

Thanks pearlyriver!

I'm on a vacation this week, so I won't be able to blog/watch the Euros livestream.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 European Gymnastics Championship   2013 European Gymnastics Championship Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:26 am

Podium training notes from TCG: http://www.thecouchgymnast.com/europeans-wag-podium-training-report-part-one/

Some highlights:

Diana Bulimar now has a DTY and full twisting DLO!

Larisa's Silivas and full-in both look good

Both Diana and Larisa are sticking bars dismounts and looking good on beam

Aliya landed some very pretty double arabians

Aliya and Ksenia fell a combined 8 times off beam in their first try Sad

Both of their bars look good

Ksenia fell on some Amanar attempts

Anastasia Grishina has added a double turn to her beam set

Her bars look nice.

And she watered her tumbling down on floor a little (full-in, whip to 3 twist, 2.5 twist)

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 European Gymnastics Championship   2013 European Gymnastics Championship Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:51 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:
Podium training notes from TCG: http://www.thecouchgymnast.com/europeans-wag-podium-training-report-part-one/

Some highlights:

Diana Bulimar now has a DTY and full twisting DLO!

Larisa's Silivas and full-in both look good

Both Diana and Larisa are sticking bars dismounts and looking good on beam

Aliya landed some very pretty double arabians

Aliya and Ksenia fell a combined 8 times off beam in their first try Sad

Both of their bars look good

Ksenia fell on some Amanar attempts

Anastasia Grishina has added a double turn to her beam set

Her bars look nice.

And she watered her tumbling down on floor a little (full-in, whip to 3 twist, 2.5 twist)

Thank you!
I'm not worried about Aliya, this is what podium training is all about, fall as much as you want, get it out of your system and bring your A game to competition.

Lol, I'm so tired that I though Romania has a new team member named Larissa Silivas ad was wondering what the heck happened to Iordache. Laugh Embarassed I seriously need some caffeine. lol!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 European Gymnastics Championship   2013 European Gymnastics Championship Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:16 pm

After a disappointing qualification, Aliya fired back and won the AA. She also won the bars final.

Maria Paseka crashed her Amanar. She was 1/8 short. I think she shouldn't do Amanar as she always has problem with rotation and landing. Bad things can happen. After the Amanar, she looked so distressed and also fell on her second vault.

Musty has been replaced in the floor final by Grishy. Go girl. She still looked so unsure of herself but if she can have more medals, it'd boost her confidence. Here's Grishy's AA floor

Beautiful routine and she has nice form in the air.
As for her vault, she also has nice legs in the air but only got 14.9. Previously I didn't get vault score as many times I saw a lovely DYT with lovely form scored under 15. I guess the judges love height and high chest on landing.

Onodi+ Illusion is perfect.

Glad to see her happy after bars.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 European Gymnastics Championship   2013 European Gymnastics Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:30 am

Larisa's amazing beam final performance

Although I was rooting for Grishy, Laria hit every move flawlessly and she deserved the gold. Grishy's beam work here is much better and more confident than her AA beam work.

So Afan hasn't won any medal up til now? No
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 European Gymnastics Championship   2013 European Gymnastics Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:22 am

Larisa became the most decorated gymnast in this championship.
Afan scored 15.166 Very Happy

[youtube]
I personally preferred Diana's routine to Larissa and I think Diana was underscored. Her execution score was only 8.7.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 European Gymnastics Championship   2013 European Gymnastics Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 2:14 pm

http://randompersonbeingrandom.wordpress.com/2013/04/21/european-championships-recap-part-1/

Part one of my EC recap, dedicated to had badly I predicted the competition Escape
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 European Gymnastics Championship   2013 European Gymnastics Championship Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 8:47 pm

I-spiralMao, Guilia Steingruber is a pretty good vaulter. She won the bronze medal in vault at the Doha World Challenge Cup, behind Phan Thi Ha Thanh and Larisa Iordache. I just discovered her after watching that vault final.
Overall the medal tables in this competition are pretty diverse. I have no idea Maria Paseka can do decent bars. I was pleasant surprised with Diana Bulimar's performance. I had thought that her routines were not difficult enough to challenge for medals, but she did especially well in beam and floor. She has more artistry than Larisa IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 European Gymnastics Championship   2013 European Gymnastics Championship Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 European Gymnastics Championship
Page 1 of 1