Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miki Ando has become mother

Go down 
+30
qingshui
chapis
kawaiimao
babayaga
Tripleaxelqueen
supportmaoasada
Dani-Chan
pearlyriver
MikiAndoFan#1
flittermouse
polosatik
BowbowDaijin
inskate
let`s talk
Lady_in_black
europeanfan
ddmm
shikure
zarinaballerina
Haidogirl
COHK
dangerous_angel_face
roma
shar
ElleluvsL
Mao2012
ilovethai
ballerinamao
chiyori
linglang
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Allow me to correct my previous information, pearlyriver.  Nebelhorn live broadcast is on TV Asahi's paid channel, not conventional channel. So, in this case, it's more about subscription fee than viewing rate.

As far as I checked there is no broadcasting schedule for JGS for this season, and I don't know if there were any in the previous seasons. Japanese junior nationals and junior worlds were put on air in the past, and I suppose they will broadcast them this season too.

About Nebelhorn, I think TV Asahi needs to broadcast it also for sponsors.  The board was full of adds by Japanese sponsors as usual with other international competitions (but unusual to Nebelhorn). I'm sure sponsor would expect additional (or due) exposure on TV. Money
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 9:16 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
I've just seen that Narumi and her new partner are in 11th place. Since there were only 4 spots available, does this mean that Narumi won't go to Sochi?affraid  After everything that's happened, this would really suck.
If I understand it correctly, Narumi and Ryuichi are now as the 1st alternate. They won't get to compete in Sochi, unless there would be any pair withdraw/not qualified(is this possible?). As for the team event, it depends on if Reeds will get the entry to Ice Dance...if they make it, Jpn could still participate in team event, by choosing to send a pair team who has gained the minimal technical score.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 4:55 am

COHK wrote:

If I understand it correctly, Narumi and Ryuichi are now as the 1st alternate. They won't get to compete in Sochi, unless there would be any pair withdraw/not qualified(is this possible?). As for the team event, it depends on if Reeds will get the entry to Ice Dance...if they make it, Jpn could still participate in team event, by choosing to send a pair team who has gained the minimal technical score.
Yes, top 4 spots at Nebelhorn are alloted to the skater's NOC (national olympic comite) for Sochi. The skaters who won those spots are not necessarily the skaters who will compete in Sochi. NOC has the option of sending someone else from their country, but whoever gets to go must have the minimum TES in both SP and LP; the minimum score must be obtained by mid January, if I'm not mistaken. Without those, the respective country losses it's olympic spot and the spot goes to the first alternate. The same happens if one or more of those qualified for Sochi gets (God forbid) injured. Their spot goes to the first person on the alternate list. But I think that so far, everyone who has qualifyied for Sochi, has also reached the minmum TES.

While not going to Sochi completely sucks for Narumi, I don't want anyone to get injured. If Reed/Reed qualify then at least Narumi will compete in the team event. I hope that Japan Federation doesn't thinik they're going to win a team medal (since it's impossible) and won't put pressure on their skaters.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 7:30 am

pearlyriver wrote:
From Lynn Rutherford: Italian Valter Rizzo coaches Miki Ando at Nebelhorn. Not a permanent arrangement; she has no permanent coach yet.
http://www.jiji.com/jc/zc?k=201309/2013092800353&g=spo
http://www.asahi.com/sports/update/0928/TKY201309280293.html

Now the Jpn news confirms that Mr. Rizzo will be Miki's new coach. Miki has worked with Rizzo before when she was under Mr. M.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 8:01 am

Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:13 am

let`s talk wrote:
Miki: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC8OjXpeHBQ
Radionova: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_54BreRLSc

Nobu FS:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEp8W3fM2vM

Thanks for these links.
Happy to see mother and father fought back to return to Japan's slots.
Miki seems not powerful enough to the music but it is a good start
for her.
For Oda, I'm very happy with him. Bad luck that he can go out 1 time
at Skate Canada so he came to this event. The audience are lucky to
see the world-class performance from him.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:43 am

Why the arena was just half full? There were 2-time world champion, a rising star and some old warhorses. If I live in a small town like Nebelhorn, I'll try my best to go there. You never know what surprise awaits you at these B-events.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:23 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
Why the arena was just half full? There were 2-time world champion, a rising star and some old warhorses. If I live in a small town like Nebelhorn, I'll try my best to go there. You never know what surprise awaits you at these B-events.
I know, I hate that FS is not popular, I dont understand other people, for me is so obvious that is the best sport in the the history of earth and universe. the good thing is that besides of Japan the tickets are not expensive.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 5:27 am

Elena Radionova really is very talented. i love her FS program, I hope she redo it in a few years after her growth spurt. Can you imagine how sexy this performance will be?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_54BreRLSc
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 7:52 am

shar wrote:
Elena Radionova really is very talented. i love her FS program, I hope she redo it in a few years after her growth spurt. Can you imagine how sexy this performance will be?:

How many 15-yeard-old girls are there who can skate like this? She oozes confidence and charisma. It seems like a star is born every 10 years. And kudos to her choreographers.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:31 am

pearlyriver wrote:
shar wrote:

How many 15-yeard-old girls are there who can skate like this? She oozes confidence and charisma. It seems like a star is born every 10 years. And kudos to her choreographers.
Thumbs up!  She'll be at the center of attentions for coming years for sure.

Thanks for the clips everyone. Nobu is so fabulous.  His soft landing is to die for. Love Hearts  Hope he will pull off good performances at SC and nationals too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je_SBSJBhcY
Tomas's deep edge Love Hearts 

I'm sure people there wouldn't believe how expensive and how difficult to get figure skating tickets in Japan.  They are so lucky.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:48 am

Elena R. is great now, but in my little time like fan I learned to not believe that little girls will be the new star, not until they get over puberty, mainly not asian girls. You know, just remember Mirai, Caroline, Adelina, Elizavetha, Julia L., etc.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:18 am

chapis wrote:
Elena R. is great now, but in my little time like fan I learned to not believe that little girls will be the new star, not until they get over puberty, mainly not asian girls. You know, just remember Mirai, Caroline, Adelina, Elizavetha, Julia L., etc.
This is what I'm affraid off. She's so tiny now, so jumps are easy for her, but when she grows...I really hope she'll be able to survive puberty intact. She trully is phenomenal.Love Hearts 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:33 pm

chapis wrote:
That can be applied to many fields: science, literature, music etc. In Vietnmese language, we have a proverb which literally means you can only determine how good a horse is by letting it travel a very long long road. Some people just come out fully formed, like a blooming flower but sadly they expire earlier than other people and fade into obscurity. Success is a full-time, ongoing dedication coupled with right choices at decisive moments and a small dose of luck.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:42 am

Josei Jishin http://www.kobunsha.com/shelf/magazine/current?seriesid=101001 writes that Miki Ando said she enjoyed her stay in Oberstdorf because there she could go everywhere with her baby: shops, parks, etc. In Japan she said she can't go, not ony near her house but also to parks and other places. She is satisfied with her result at NT and that she could get minimum tech points required for competing in Sochi.
At the same time Josei Jishin says Hidehito Ito (*JSF, FS director) expressed his disappointment with Ando performance at Nebelhorn. He said to Ando at backstage that she will be able to go to Sochi only if she wins Japanese National (*i.e. over Mao Asada) http://twitpic.com/dgrhy0 . A lot of people could observe this scene, but when JJ asked officials in JSF for explanations, they denied that the fact itself took pace. Ando told to press that for her higher standards have been set than for other ladies.
Nanri keeps living in a small apartment for single people (after Miki's mom told him to leave their place since Miki had to prepare for Sochi) near izakaya when he works part-time. He gets high evaluations from customers for his good attitude and service. His friend and coworker said that Nanri is single but they will marry with Miki next year. That's their promise and now Nanri is living his "patience" time. JJ journalist asked him directly about the Himawari's father, Nanri said he can't say anything about it right now. The question about his relationship with Miki's mom he left without comments. http://twitpic.com/dgrif3

Sleep Rolling Eyes Drama!
Back to top Go down
qingshui

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 9:01 am

Thank you, Let's talk, for Miki's update. Sorry for asking, but does Miki have GP assignment?
I hope Miki would get angry at Hidehito Ito's message and would practice hard and let the skating
speak for her. From Akiko and Murakami's first showings, it's hard to say which lady would get the
3rd spot for the Olympics.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 2:32 pm

qingshui wrote:
Thank you, Let's talk, for Miki's update.  Sorry for asking, but does Miki have GP assignment?
I hope Miki would get angry at Hidehito Ito's message and would practice hard and let the skating
speak for her.  From Akiko and Murakami's first showings, it's hard to say which lady would get the
No, Miki doesn't have any GP assignments.
IMO, Miki will only make it to Olympic team, IF she skates the lights out in both SP and LP, and even then, it's going to be up to JSF officials and their prefferance. Again this is only the way I see her situation.

Mao is going no matter what, my bet, so is Murakami. No way are JSF leaving her off the team. The fight for 3 spot is going to be between Akiko, Satoko and Miki.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Miki will have her first domestic qualification regional competition (Kanto) this weekend (Oct 13/14). Since there's no other really strong senior lady competitors in Kanto regional, Miki should be all right. Good luck, Miki!
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:13 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
qingshui wrote:
Thank you, Let's talk, for Miki's update.  Sorry for asking, but does Miki have GP assignment?
speak for her.  From Akiko and Murakami's first showings, it's hard to say which lady would get the
No, Miki doesn't have any GP assignments.
IMO, Miki will only make it to Olympic team, IF she skates the lights out in both SP and LP, and even then, it's going to be up to JSF officials and their prefferance. Again this is only the way I see her situation.

Mao is going no matter what, my bet, so is Murakami. No way are JSF leaving her off the team. The fight for 3 spot is going to be between Akiko, Satoko and Miki.
Will Miyahara be age eligible for Sochi? She was born on March 26 1998.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 8:16 am

pearlyriver wrote:

Yes,she was born before July 1st, which is the deadline for senior eligibility. I would love it if she made it to Sochi, however, this would mean that Akiko wouldn'be going.Crying or Very sad  Why must Japan only have 3 spots? They have an insane amount of talent, I wish ISU would make an exemption to the rules for Japan.

Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 9:14 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:

Yes,she was born before July 1st, which is the deadline for senior eligibility. I would love it if she made it to Sochi, however, this would mean that Akiko wouldn'be going.Crying or Very sad  Why must Japan only have 3 spots? They have an insane amount of talent, I wish ISU would make an exemption to the rules for Japan.

And a plethora of Japanese skater haters would be busy launching a guerilla attack on our favorites and accuse them of being cheater Very Mad Not that it matter, but there're too many of them, and they have too much free time on their hands.
I think if Miki can get her spin in order before Japanese Nats, she 'd have a chance of beating Akiko. I personally wwant Akiko to make the final spot, since she's been dedicated to the sports for many years and she's an inspiring example of a late bloomer. Miyahara can wait until 2018.
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 12:28 am

Result of regional qualifying competition (Kanto):

SP
安藤美姫 Miki Ando 56.25 (TES28.89/PCS27.36/ jumps: 3Lz2Lo-3Lo-2A)
into 1st (NB: there are 6 competitors in Senior ladies, one withdraw. So actually there were only 5 competitors. Since the top 7 will advance to Eastern sectional [Nov. 1-4], it's a no pressure competition for Miki)
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 2:38 am

COHK wrote:
Result of regional qualifying competition (Kanto):

SP
安藤美姫 Miki Ando 56.25 (TES28.89/PCS27.36/ jumps: 3Lz2Lo-3Lo-2A)
into 1st (NB: there are 6 competitors in Senior ladies, one withdraw. So actually there were only 5 competitors. Since the top 7 will advance to Eastern sectional [Nov. 1-4], it's a no pressure competition for Miki)  
Right. Miki will automatically be going on to the Eastern sectional competition, just as long as she enters through the whole Kanto competition. It's been reported that JSF will consider Miki as one of their certified skaters once again, depending on how she does in the Eastern sectional competition. If she can magnage to become a JSF certified skater once again, JSF will be able to send her to intl competitions starting from around November, if she wishes to enter.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20131013-00000032-spnannex-spo

But anyways, I think Miki will have to prove how much she's really capable of in Jpn Nats in order to make it to Sochi. Plus she'll probably have to prove a lot more than the other girls. Even if she does become a certified skater, that actually doesn't mean much since the other Jpnse top ladies are special certified skaters which is one rank higher than an ordinary certified skater. She won't be entering any GSP competition, unless someone drops out in a GPS competition and JSF lobbies real damn hard to get that spot for her, but I'm assuming they won't be doing that. JSF hasn't been so supportive on her come back; rumor says the only reason she even managed to enter Nebelhorn was because this woman called Shirota pulled a few strings for Miki to be invited from the competition to enter, without consulting the matter through JSF. Shirota used to be one of the most powerful figures in JSF, until they kicked her out after finding out she was embezzling public money from them a while after Turin Olys, but they took her back in at least as a judge several years ago...nobody seems to know what sort of position she stands in right now though, but she still seems to have connections in the figure skating world. I don't like her. I think most Jpnse skating fans do not like her. But whatever she did for Miki to enter Nebelhorn, I'm glad she did it, cause I do think the Jpnse skating world owes at least that much to Miki.

Otoh, I have to agree with pearlyriver on Satoko; she can wait till 2018 Olys. I saw her perform in COI last week, and yes she was very good, even better than last season I guess...but frankly, the audience wasn't buying her performance that much. I mean, she's good technically, but there wasn't anything which moves you in her performance...not yet. It should get better as she ages, but she hasn't got it yet. I can't feel it's her time. Oh, but who knows? She might evolve miraculously duing GPS. Still I would prefer they choose the ladies older than her for Sochi. I know it's just my selfish ego as a Mao fan, but seriously, when you think about how they didn't allow Mao to go to Turin because of that teeny weeny birth date issue although she was like 100 times more brilliant than Satoko around the same age...Lips sealed 

Akiko didn't have much of a fantastic start off this season, but according to some of her fans, Akiko had a minor injury sometime around June which hasn't healed totally yet, so if that gets cured, she might be able to do better as the season goes. She has quite alot of jumps in the latter half of her FP this season which means if she can only nail them more or less, her scores should go way higher than they were in Finlandia. Personally, she is the second Jpnse lady I'd like to see getting her ticket to Sochi, following Mao. I can be happy for Miki if she gets her ticket as well, but if that's going to make Akiko lose her ticket, I don't think I can feel so pleasant about it...lots of mixed feelings when I think about all this... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:10 am

Akiko must to go to Sochi above Miki, Satoko and Kanako, they dont standout enough, if they have no chance to win medal in Sochi then JSF better to send someone to leave a good impression to people, Akiko and Mao deserve those spots more than anyone Panic! 
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 11:12 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Akiko didn't have much of a fantastic start off this season, but according to some of her fans, Akiko had a minor injury sometime around June which hasn't healed totally yet, so if that gets cured, she might be able to do better as the season goes. She has quite alot of jumps in the latter half of her FP this season which means if she can only nail them more or less, her scores should go way higher than they were in Finlandia. Personally, she is the second Jpnse lady I'd like to see getting her ticket to Sochi, following Mao. I can be happy for Miki if she gets her ticket as well, but if that's going to make Akiko lose her ticket, I don't think I can feel so pleasant about it...lots of mixed feelings when I think about all this... Crying or Very sad

I agree regarding Akiko going to Sochi over Miki, who I feel has had her chance twice already with the 2006 and 2010 Olympics. I feel that Miki proved herself during the 2010/11 season where she was unbeatable even against Yuna. She should have retired after that season.  She doesn't need to prove herself in this sport again. Give Akiko and Kanako a chance at this year's Olympic. Continue to raise your beautiful daughter and do ice shows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando has become mother   Miki Ando has become mother - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miki Ando has become mother
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next