Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice

Go down 
+32
Mao_Asada_sunrise
PochinkoPotanko
naonaotyun
helen91
let`s talk
cherriee
ilovethai
whiteboots2013
aoi88
qingshui
Haidogirl
sapphiresky
josling
pearlyriver
europeanfan
Alokya
chapis
babayaga
l-spiralmao
Czarace
AmazingGraceMao
Dani-Chan
inskate
polosatik
roma
Ken Himura
Lady_in_black
COHK
Mao2012
shar
ballerinamao
linglang
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:11 am

polosatik wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zf4DCuseis Mao's Chopin on Carnival on ice Swoon 

I hope this is the layout she's going to do in the GP also. Her 3F-2L is prone to UR, while her 3L-2L always gets ratified. Plus, she would have the combo (3L-2L) in the second half of the program so the base value will go up. And her solo 3F will get much more GOE than her 3F-2L combo. Good strategy here, IMO
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:18 am

Lady_in_black wrote:
polosatik wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zf4DCuseis Mao's Chopin on Carnival on ice Swoon 
I hope this is the layout she's going to do in the GP also. Her 3F-2L is prone to UR, while her 3L-2L always gets ratified. Plus, she would have the combo (3L-2L) in the second half of the program so the base value will go up. And her solo 3F will get much more GOE than her 3F-2L combo. Good strategy here, IMO
All her jumps looked huge in her recent performances, and even bigger in her practices. so I wouldn't worry about either layouts, but I agree that pushing the combo to the second half of the program would be a good way to earn a few extra points!

Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:24 am

Ashley Wagner's program feels odd to me and she seems quite slow. I heard David Wilson choreographed this program. Sometimes, I feel choreographers save their best work for their favorite clients. I think this is true for Wilson. His programs for Yuna, though not groundbreaking, are still more refined than those for his other clients. Ashley should have stayed with Philip Mills and I really wish Hanyu can go to someone else for choreography.

I love Jeremy's program. Love 
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:47 am

Taka skated SP at CoI

I think he should change the costume designer ... he looks much better in plane and simple outfit.  While his skating and edges are fabulous, this costume is ... like a bellboy Neutral 

And his costume for FS is not good either. Actually, there was a reporter who covered JO practice session mistook his FS costume for a training wear.  That red/black one look like a jersey gym uniform. No
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 am

Just watched Javi's performance.  I don't get his PCS.
When I heard his score, I thought his skating skills had improved dramatically during off season, but I was wrong.
I can't understand how come his SS deserves 8s, let alone exceeding Taka's & Jeremy's SS Faint2
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:35 am

I dont understand why Mao chose again Nocturne, is a program absolutly different, so why same music, I cant get off of my mind the other nocturne when I am listening the music Laughing , yet, may be later. I love her dress.

And Daisuke was fantastic, I love this music and program Wub 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd6NT2MkfXU
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 10:15 am

chapis wrote:
I dont understand why Mao chose again Nocturne, is a program absolutly different, so why same music, I cant get off of my mind the other nocturne when I am listening the music Laughing , yet, may be later. I love her dress.

OMG!!!!!!! Dai is an artist Worship [/quote]
Mao's SP is so beautiful and elegant!!!! This season I'm in love with both of her programs!!! Many Hearts 

Go Mao Woot! Cheering Confetti Happy dance Woot! Cheering Confetti Happy dance 

Thank you Chapis and polosatik Thank you!
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi folks, long time no see!

I've been to JO & COI so I felt like writing how the events seemed to me a little...

First of all, Mao seemed to be in very good condition both physically and mentally. Yeah she made some mistakes here and there, but for some reason any of it didn't bother me this time. While the other non retired ladies seemed a bit too tense in performing their new FPs, Mao seemed calm and relaxed. So even when her 3-3 became a 3-2 and when she almost fell but avoided that by touching the ice with her hand, not to mention the bad landing on the 3A...I was able to feel something like 'no worries, this girl is okay!'. I was able to feel that more strongly when I saw her last SS, which was simply fabulous. In last yr's JO, when she first performed her Swanlake, I was there to see it live too, and although it was a lovely performance, she seemed more cautious and worried more or less. So it was a fairly clean performance, much cleaner than the Rach2 yesterday, but it was much slower and lacked power. The Rach2 yesterday had the most speed and power amongst all the past performances of Mao's which I've seen live in the audience. The pro itself was like a mixture of the good parts of Bells and Swanlake. I'm quite sure that the SS in it will be the most complex and best of all the ladies' pros this season; personally I think it might even be the best SS of all time in ladie's singles. Mao started doing complex SSs with lots of content eversince Masquerade FP, I saw that live once as well, and the amazing fact is that she's become capable of skating such steps at least twice as much faster now compared to then. I don't think anybody who really knows the sport will ever be calling her a skater who lacks speed. In addition, she was hardly out of breath when she finished skating yesterday. Stamina is one thing we need not worry about this season. When she skated the same SS for encore in COI right after she finished performing her new Nocturne (popped the 3A but on the whole it was well done), it was even more powerfull, flexible and swift. It was damn lucky for some of my friends and I to be able to see both of Mao's new pros live in one day!

The other non-retired ladies not being able to do better than Joannie was kind of a shock. Joannie was sticking to the jumps which she's most comfortable with I assume, but even without the jumps she did much better than the other girls besides Mao. I had seen her perform live a couple of times in the past, I've always felt she's one of those skaters who looks much better when you see them live, and yesterday, I'm guessing most of the audience felt it was a hell of a waste for her to be retired. She really became much better at expressing herself and dancing on ice compared to Vancouver Olys season. Her EX pro in COI was truely a pleasure to see, very entertaining.

Adelina wasn't all that attracting in both JO and COI, but I felt that in her case, she simply wasn't well prepared yet to perform her FP in JO, and as for COI, it was the EX pro which wasn't appealing, not her. She can do better than that for sure. Ashley was quite good in COI but her EX pro was the Sweet Dreams remix again...just one of those sexy rock pros; not bad but nothing new or unique. Otoh, her FP was sort of...well, problematic. I didn't like the misic editing, but that's just my personal taste so that shouldn't have been much of a matter. But it simply lacked impact and beauty. She landed most of her jumps, but it was as if she was only skating her last season's FP with different music. There were no parts in it which were memorable. I have to say that David Wilson does not consider Ashley as an important client at all. If she's really aiming for gold in Sochi, she should find herself another choreographer and have a new FP made for her asap. Seeing her at JO yesterday made me realise how important it is to have someone who knows a skater well enough, capable of creating a pro which makes the good characteristics in his/her skating style stand out. I'm glad now that Mao decided to work with Tat and Lori, although I used to think it may be better for her to try out a different choreographer for this season. It didn't feel like Kanako's performance in JO was as bad as her scores were, but she definitely has to master her 2As at this point. I know she's never been good at it much, but not being able to succeed 2As are ruining everything for her. I also know it's her style, but I would prefer it if she doesn't crouch down too much before she jumps. Her skating is very nice overall, but that jumping form of hers doesn't blend with it. If she chooses to go on competing after this season, I think she should reform her jumps just like Mao did.

With the exception of Javi and Taka, there wasn't much to see in JO as for the guys. I was really looking forward to Jeremy's performance...but well, he's usually not that good in the beginning of a season, so no surprise there. I can always appreciate seeing his smooth skating live anyway. I felt that none of the guys were linked to their new pros yet (besides Taka since he's using the same pro as last season). Javi was good, but his JO performance wasn't as half as close to his best imo. But like Mao, he seemed to be in good condition; not too tense, enjoying his skate. This was the first time I saw him live, but he has a sort of charm which makes you feel good when you're watching him, even along with some mistakes. Must be because of his personality, but he is surely gifted. His Aerobic Class EX in COI was bizarre and such a joy to see. I was real happy he chose to do that pro since there weren't any other male skaters doing comical EX pros in COI this yr. I thought Taka did real good in both JO and COI. I am a bit disappointed he decided to go with the same FP as last season since I don't think it brings out the best in him. But, his jumps were real good. I didn't think he'd be able to come back this season in such fine condition, so that was one nice surprise. The other thing was, his new SP(!? I thought it was only his new EX...) which he skated in COI was fantastic! My friend and I had never imagined he'd be capable of skating like that...I mean, it was like he was dancing throughout the whole thing. It was like seeing a totally new Taka! We absolutely loved it! Bravo to whoever did the choreo, too! I'm quite okay with Dai's new FP, since it wasn't too 'Beatles' as I thought it would be (I'm not a Beatles worshipper, so I prefer skaters not using their music much). But Dai wasn't in good condition as he had been saying himself, I heard rumors that he had a cold too. All I can say is that I hope he really had a cold and that was the reason he couldn't do so well in JO; not because of his old leg injury getting worse. But he skated better in COI, and then he skated part of his Eye pro for encore, which was a real big treat for everyone including me. He proved he still is the best 'dancer' on ice to say the least. Every little move he does is like magic. They attract you instantly. After being reminded of how special a skater he is in COI, I think it's possible for him to make that Beatles FP much better the more he performs it. Brezina wasn't well prepared just like Adelina I think, but he was in much worse condition in JO last yr, so compared to that, for him, this yr wasn't such a bad start probably. Like last yr, he did much better in COI (well, doesn't everyone?). I'm sure he'll get better as the season goes on. But I kind of think he lost height in his jumps...hope he gets it back. Nobu and Machida appeared only in COI. Nobu did fairly okay, but he wasn't at his best. But Machida was unbelievably fearless...not sure about the rotation, but he landed a hell of a speedy 4T I think, followed by a hell of a speedy 3A if I remember correctly...he was on! Never thought I'd be seeing anyone attempting and succeeding a quad in COI! I'm already terrified to see the mens' competition in Jpn Nats this season. I really wish all our top guys can go to Olys, but that's not possible. I can understand why a country can send only 3 skaters max to Olys sure, but I can't help feeling that this system sucks now. I can see myself feeling real happy and real sad at the same time when they announce who's going to Sochi in mens singles...

Anyways, this yrs JO and COI were both real exciting...as much as last yr, but in a different way, esp for a Mao fan like me. Last note: Shizuka was breathtaking beautiful as always...she appeared not only in COI but in JO as a guest in between the mens' and ladies' skate; I sincerely feel so sorry for some of the audience who rushed to the lavatory right after Dai finished skating and missed her performance. Shizuka often appears as a surprise guest during competition intervals, so you should never ever run off to the loo until you're certain she's not there when you go to see competitions or shows in Jpn! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Thank you PP, And yes, I also realized that Mao looks very relax Shocked , I love it and I hope she continue like this in OG. I am glad that Taka is come back in good shape Woot! 
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 2:04 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Hi folks, long time no see!

I've been to JO & COI so I felt like writing how the events seemed to me a little...

First of all, Mao seemed to be in very good condition both physically and mentally. Yeah she made some mistakes here and there, but for some reason any of it didn't bother me this time. While the other non retired ladies seemed a bit too tense in performing their new FPs, Mao seemed calm and relaxed. So even when her 3-3 became a 3-2 and when she almost fell but avoided that by touching the ice with her hand, not to mention the bad landing on the 3A...I was able to feel something like 'no worries, this girl is okay!'. I was able to feel that more strongly when I saw her last SS, which was simply fabulous. In last yr's JO, when she first performed her Swanlake, I was there to see it live too, and although it was a lovely performance, she seemed more cautious and worried more or less. So it was a fairly clean performance, much cleaner than the Rach2 yesterday, but it was much slower and lacked power. The Rach2 yesterday had the most speed and power amongst all the past performances of Mao's which I've seen live in the audience. The pro itself was like a mixture of the good parts of Bells and Swanlake. I'm quite sure that the SS in it will be the most complex and best of all the ladies' pros this season; personally I think it might even be the best SS of all time in ladie's singles. Mao started doing complex SSs with lots of content eversince Masquerade FP, I saw that live once as well, and the amazing fact is that she's become capable of skating such steps at least twice as much faster now compared to then. I don't think anybody who really knows the sport will ever be calling her a skater who lacks speed. In addition, she was hardly out of breath when she finished skating yesterday. Stamina is one thing we need not worry about this season. When she skated the same SS for encore in COI right after she finished performing her new Nocturne (popped the 3A but on the whole it was well done), it was even more powerfull, flexible and swift. It was damn lucky for some of my friends and I to be able to see both of Mao's new pros live in one day!

that is also what i observed from the video. Hope she can continue to make progress in this part cheers 
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:26 pm

Thank you Pochi for the report! I also noticed the increased speed and power of Mao. cheers Yea, I also think Ashley should go to a new choreographer. I saw Hanyu's LP and was disappointed. His previous R&J program was one of my favorites. There was so much passion; new one felt a bit generic.
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:58 pm

I think I will never get tired of watching Mao's new SP. It's just so lovely and fits her like a glove Love Hearts Love Hearts gotta really love Lori for that.

I didn't want to say this right after the competition, but I didn't feel her new FS. It seems like TAT is re-using some of the same choreo steps? Sad, Lonely but I have faith Mao will nail it and bring the best in that program and will make me love it as season goes cheers flower 

I'm just worried about her 3-3.... pale
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:37 pm

chapis wrote:

While I don't like skaters reusing music but I believe that this Nocturne has a special place in Mao's heart. It's one of her most memorable programs and after this program, she really established herself as a complete package. Before it, many people are unenthusiastic with her skating, thinking that she's just another jumping bean. Even naysayers have to acknowledge that this girl is gold, after the Nocturne.
Why does Shizuka get much better after retiring? I'm not a fan of her competitive programs, even her performances at Torino left me cold. I think she lacked confident at that time and focussed too much on jumps that she forgot to "relax" in non-jump elements. I saw a clip of her practicing right before the FS in Torino and she was much more on fire.
Back to top Go down
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Mao_Asada_sunrise

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:06 am

Videos!
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 2:49 am

Quote :
Why does Shizuka get much better after retiring? I'm not a fan of her competitive programs, even her performances at Torino left me cold. I think she lacked confident at that time and focussed too much on jumps that she forgot to "relax" in non-jump elements. I saw a clip of her practicing right before the FS in Torino and she was much more on fire.

I loved her turandot competition programs a lot, but i agree, that she is a fabolous exihibition skater!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:15 pm

I'm late to the party again, had a nightmare for the past 3 days, no internet connection during the weekend and as if this wasn't enough, my computer died this morning.Frustrated  Seriously, I was ready to explode.
I haven't seen any programs other than Mao's, and while it is clear that she's not comfortable with it yet, it has a huge potential.Dance And I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I really like the costume. I hope she'll keep it throughout the season, not to mention it's in bluish colour.Wink 

I can see alot of improvement, and she landed her 3A! Granted it was twofooted, but when was the last time she landed her 3A on her feet this early in the season.Cheering  I can't wait to see her get more comfortable with Rach as the season progresses, and just imagine Mao skating her programs clean in Sochi. I can see new WR if this happens.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:40 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
I'm late to the party again, had a nightmare for the past 3 days, no internet connection during the weekend and as if this wasn't enough, my computer died this morning.Frustrated  Seriously, I was ready to explode.
I haven't seen any programs other than Mao's, and while it is clear that she's not comfortable with it yet, it has a huge potential.Dance And I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I really like the costume. I hope she'll keep it throughout the season, not to mention it's in bluish colour.Wink 

I can see alot of improvement, and she landed her 3A! Granted it was twofooted, but when was the last time she landed her 3A on her feet this early in the season.Cheering  I can't wait to see her get more comfortable with Rach as the season progresses, and just imagine Mao skating her programs clean in Sochi. I can see new WR if this happens.
welcome back lol!, it really sounds like a nightmare to have the internet go down just before the competition WOW! 

I agree it was a great debut for Mao, I really like the added speed and the effect it is having in her jumps. I also think that Mao seems to have gotten more used to her new technique. I looove that they have put back her fan spiral. This spiral is definitely my favorite one, Mao just has such beautiful spirals, and I am soo glad that they have put it back, even if just briefly Boogie 

Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 2:35 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

Sorry about your incidents... Welcome back! flower 
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 3:02 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

welcome back lol!, it really sounds like a nightmare to have the internet go down just before the competition WOW! 

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
Sorry about your incidents... Welcome back! flower 
Thanx to both of you!Daisies for you 

Honestly, I was ready to murder my internet provider. If I knew that my computer will die on me, I would've broken it myself; out of frustration.Mad  This better not happen again during grand prix.pale 

On a happier note, I've become addicted to Mao's LP.Swoon  I've already seen it like dozen times. I can't wait to see it with more practice time. Go Mao!Confetti 
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Finally I have managed to come out of the rock I've been living under.

Mao's Rach 2... ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! When I first heard that she would be skating to such an overused piece, I was all sorts of nervous especially because Sasha did a good job with this music already. However, I was blown away when I finally watched her performance! Last year's Swan Lake was breathtaking and although I thought that music fit her like a glove, there was still something 'missing' with the choreography that I just couldn't point my finger at. Well, here it totally screams OLYMPIC PROGRAM and POTENTIAL MASTERPIECE. The lightning fast footwork for her step sequence? Amazing! Rockstar  If she works out her technical content (let's be honest: 67 TES for 5 triples is confused ), and skates less cautiously on the first part of the program then I am sure no other lady can come close! So excited to see more of this program because I already love it. Cloud 9 

As for the other skates, I haven't watched the others yet except for Dai's and Joannie's. For Dai... I heard he was in a bad condition? I really wouldn't comment anything more because I want him to deliver, but at that time he couldn't. Hope he gets better when GP season starts! As for Joannie, I love her program, I love her dress, I love her everything. Was it me or was she more expressive than four years ago? Even though she seemed out of breath after her program, the jumps and the artistry are still there. Can't she compete for Canada again?

Also, going back to Mao, I am okay with her dress. I just wished they didn't use darker illusion fabric. Again. However, Mao seems to like the dress and in this article she seemed to be describing her dress as drawing power from 'within'. Sorry, native speakers might translate this better! Sweatdrop 
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 9:46 pm

klarification wrote:
If she works out her technical content (let's be honest: 67 TES for 5 triples is confused ), and skates less cautiously on the first part of the program then I am sure no other lady can come close! So excited to see more of this program because I already love it. Cloud 9
Good to see you here again, klarification!

67 TES for 5 fully rotated triples, 1 x UR triple, the doubles in combo and level 4 for all non jump elements is possible. Her base for that is already at 61.35 and she still earned 7+ for the flawed 3A. Some others get 70+ TES for having only 6 triples. Now if Mao lands everything without URs I wonder what she'll get.

Hmm... GOE +1.7 for her steps. Judges gave her mostly 3s and 2s here. What I want is for her to get 3s across the board for her steps in Sochi and no PCS below 8 (nothing below 8.5 if possible).
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:07 pm

I agree with roma. When people talk about "just 5 triples" they forget that one of them is not a regular triple, it's a freaking triple axel Smile Even with a mistake on the landing, if it is fully rotated, it is a huge point-getter. And having everything else level 4 helps too Smile I am actually quite OK with this score and think it will be more or less the same at any other competition.
Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:08 pm

roma wrote:
klarification wrote:
If she works out her technical content (let's be honest: 67 TES for 5 triples is confused ), and skates less cautiously on the first part of the program then I am sure no other lady can come close! So excited to see more of this program because I already love it. Cloud 9

67 TES for 5 fully rotated triples, 1 x UR triple, the doubles in combo and level 4 for all non jump elements is possible. Her base for that is already at 61.35 and she still earned 7+ for the flawed 3A. Some others get 70+ TES for having only 6 triples. Now if Mao lands everything without URs I wonder what she'll get.

Hmm... GOE +1.7 for her steps. Judges gave her mostly 3s and 2s here. What I want is for her to get 3s across the board for her steps in Sochi.
Well said. Actually that 3S was not UR, it was not a good jump, but it was fully rotated... So Mao actually landed 6 triples! The judge needs to get some glasses! Frustrated 

And welcome back klarification!flower
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:30 pm

AmazingGraceMao wrote:
roma wrote:
klarification wrote:

Hmm... GOE +1.7 for her steps. Judges gave her mostly 3s and 2s here. What I want is for her to get 3s across the board for her steps in Sochi.
Well said. Actually that 3S was not UR, it was not a good jump, but it was fully rotated... So Mao actually landed 6 triples! The judge needs to get some glasses!  Frustrated 

And welcome back klarification!flower
Thanks for explain guys Thank you! . Hope this mistake from judges won't happen again in Sochi Drama! 
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:28 am

I cant stop watching Maos SP over and over again! Its so beautiful!
And this will always have a special place in my heart, since it was also the first program i have ever watched her skate! (GP 2006) Ironically also the last SP i will ever see her compete Laugh 

Im sure, she will be even more good as pro skater! Many Hearts Many Hearts Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice   Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan Open 2013 & Carnival on Ice
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next