Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Skate Canada

Go down 
+18
linglang
silenceisgolden
PochinkoPotanko
KariDebate
roma
Mao_Asada_sunrise
sweetdream
FigureArtist14
Alokya
AmazingGraceMao
ballerinamao
let`s talk
Haidogirl
l-spiralmao
inskate
pearlyriver
zarinaballerina
shar
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:11 pm

AmazingGraceMao wrote:

You know when skaters skate clean and nothing gets < or <<, judges tend to give them lots of GOE. Mao's program is too difficult to skate clean (because of 3A and 3F3Lo) And that is what I am worried about.
True, but if anyone can do it, it's her. I'm not saying this to try and make me feel better, we are talking abouit a girl, who 4 years ago, couldn't land a 3A (3 months before Olys), only to land 3 of them in Vancouver. I trully believe that she will be able to skate both of her programs clean. Everything is slowly, but surely coming together. Yep! 

An speaking of SC, Christina got 28 in PCS. I'm not very good at judging SS and such, but I honestly don't get how can such a beautiful program received 2 points less, than Gracie's screaching monstrosity.scratch study  I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down
AmazingGraceMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
AmazingGraceMao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:25 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
AmazingGraceMao wrote:

You know when skaters skate clean and nothing gets < or <<, judges tend to give them lots of GOE. Mao's program is too difficult to skate clean (because of 3A and 3F3Lo) And that is what I am worried about.
True, but if anyone can do it, it's her. I'm not saying this to try and make me feel better,  we are talking abouit a girl, who 4 years ago, couldn't land a 3A (3 months before Olys), only to land 3 of them in Vancouver. I trully believe that she will be able to skate both of her programs clean. Everything is slowly, but surely coming together. Yep! 
I agree.

zarinaballerina wrote:

An speaking of SC, Christina got 28 in PCS. I'm not very good at judging SS and such, but I honestly don't get how can such a beautiful program received 2 points less, than Gracie's screaching monstrosity.scratch study  I don't get it.
Obviously US is promoting Gracie for the Olympics.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:33 pm

It looks a heck of a lot better then when she first debuted it, but it still looks a mess outside of her jumps. But she was smart to add level4 spin combos, unlike Ashley, who I think is a much better overall performer then Gracie.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:34 pm

I'm home from my dance class and plowing my way through the videos-my thoughts:

Gracie: Very Happy I actually like this program a lot more than I thought and I'm not annoyed by the music...

Akiko: Cloud 9 That was beautiful! I almost started crying at the end... shame about her 3t, it was pretty obviously UR....

Julia: Unfortunately, my video paused about 589305894385 times, so I can't really give an accurate report, but she seems to be becoming more artistic! Encore 

(I'll watch the rest after eating dinner, and is anyone going to watch ice dance or men? Preferably both...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:56 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:

Gracie: Very Happy I actually like this program a lot more than I thought and I'm not annoyed by the music...

Akiko: :cloud9:That was beautiful! I almost started crying at the end... shame about her 3t, it was pretty obviously UR....

Julia: Unfortunately, my video paused about 589305894385 times, so I can't really give an accurate report, but she seems to be becoming more artistic! Encore 

(I'll watch the rest after eating dinner, and is anyone going to watch ice dance or men? Preferably both...
You don't find Gracie's music annoying? Honestly, when the violin hit that very high note, I actually cringed. Again, I want Gracie to do well (I like her a heck of a lot better than Ashley), but this score is too high, IMO. And I still wish Frank would make her change that horrible version of Gershwin. Zueva, I really hate you right now.

I also had problems with my feed duing Julia's skate.

I know Akiko had an UR, but it's still very low score, compared to how gorgeous her program is, and don't even get me started on Christina. Will she ever receive a fair score? No 

I'm planing on watching ice dance since I'm waiting for men, and need to watch something so I don't fall a sleep. Razz 

I hope Yuzu is going to bring it. It's unfair that he has both of his GP's with Patrick. Honestly, what was JSF thinking? confused  Give Patrick's GP's to lower ranked japanese skaters, and send Yuzu to a Patrick - free event.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 4:51 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
l-spiralmao wrote:

Akiko: :cloud9:That was beautiful! I almost started crying at the end... shame about her 3t, it was pretty obviously UR....

You don't find Gracie's music annoying? Honestly, when the violin hit that very high note, I actually cringed. Again, I want Gracie to do well (I like her a heck of a lot better than Ashley), but this score is too high, IMO. And I still wish Frank would make her change that horrible version of Gershwin. Zueva, I really hate you right now.

I also had problems with my feed duing Julia's skate.

I know Akiko had an UR, but it's still very low score, compared to how gorgeous her program is, and don't even get me started on Christina. Will she ever receive a fair score? No 

I'm planing on watching ice dance since I'm waiting for men, and need to watch something so I don't fall a sleep. Razz 

I hope Yuzu is going to bring it. It's unfair that he has both of his GP's with Patrick. Honestly, what was JSF thinking? confused  Give Patrick's GP's to lower ranked japanese skaters, and send Yuzu to a Patrick - free event.
Yay!!!!!! I'm not going to be talking to myself during both events!

(As for the violin, I'm a member of my school orchestra, and most of the second violin players are really bad, so I've kind of become a bit used to bad violin playing, and from the descriptions, I was expecting it to be 500x worse... Escape)

I haven't seen Christina yet (I was going to, but then I had to eat dinner...)

And I've been watching off youtube as I was at a dance class....
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:41 pm

Anybody watching it live? Or not able to, therefore I should do live updates?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:42 pm

I'm watching, waiting for men.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:47 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
I'm expecting huge inflation in both Patrick's and T&M's SP scores.

Last edited by shar on Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:48 pm

I'm waiting for Kaitlyn/Andrew and Tessa/Scott. Otherwise, this dance set is a total snooze.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:48 pm

shar wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
I'm expecting huge inflation in both Patrick's and T&M.
Well said. I'll be interested to see Tessa and Scott's SD scores in comparison to Meryl and Charlie's from SA...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:50 pm

shar wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
This is why I'm so pissed at JSF for assigning Yuzu to the same GP's as Patrick. Very Mad  I'm about to pass out I'm so sleepy, so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but who is T/M? Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:53 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
shar wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
This is why I'm so pissed at JSF for assigning Yuzu to the same GP's as Patrick. Very Mad  I'm about to pass out I'm so sleepy, so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but who is T/M? Embarassed 
Haha, I think she meant Tessa and Scott. TESSA Virtue and Scott MOIR.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Alakya wrote:
shar wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Well said. I'll be interested to see Tessa and Scott's SD scores in comparison to Meryl and Charlie's from SA...
I predict a 10 points difference.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Alokya wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
shar wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
Thanks Alokya. I can never remember which is their first or last name initial, lol.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:58 pm

shar wrote:
Alakya wrote:
shar wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
I predict a 10 points difference.
I wouldn't be shocked. I am not a fan of USFSA, but the only person they really overscored at SA was Max Aaron. As opposed to last year with Skate Canada, where they overscored... most, if not all, of the Canadian skaters.

Also, I'm a little underwhelmed by Kaitlyn and Andrew's SD. Other peoples' thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 6:01 pm

70.35. WHAT? Okay, yeah, Virtue and Moir are getting overscored up the wazoo if Kaitlyn and Andrew got THAT...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Alokya wrote:

Embarassed  It shows it's 2 am here, cause I haven't thought of that, I kept thinking which pair is T/M. Laugh 

Alokya wrote:
Also, I'm a little underwhelmed by Kaitlyn and Andrew's SD. Other peoples' thoughts?
I love Kaitlyn's dress, but the program, not so much. 70 points?!!! WTF?! Suspect 

Great, and my feed dies yet again. Come on, it's 2am here, I'm awake to see Yuzu, it better start working, like right now! Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 6:05 pm

All right... that SHOULD score lower than Kaitlyn and Andrew, but that's not going to happen. They made some pretty obvious mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 6:08 pm

73.15 - they'd better start getting worried about Canadian nationals as well as Meryl and Charlie!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 6:11 pm

I don't get why they're so surprised, did they not watch the slow motion where it clearly showed Scott messed up his twizzles and Tessa wasn't sharp either. Rolling Eyes  Maybe they're surprised that judges haven't turned a blind eye. I must say I was expecting 75+. I'm pleasantly surprised. But still don't get W/P score. Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Alokya wrote:
All right... that SHOULD score lower than Kaitlyn and Andrew, but that's not going to happen. They made some pretty obvious mistakes.
They made more than that mistake on twizzles? My feed started working again right when they hit the ending pose, so I missed an entire thing. Then why such a score with so many mistakes, and more importantly, why are they so unpleasantly surprises about the gift? 73 for a mistake filled program is HUGE.
Back to top Go down
Alokya
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 6:23 pm

They had issues with their compulsory - not major ones, but I caught a few missed edges.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2013/gpcan2013_IceDance_SD_Scores.pdf

Love how Kaitlyn and Andrew's tech is higher than theirs... also, what is with that judge giving them a freaking TWO on their twizzles? I don't even understand the zeros - they COMPLETELY messed them up! Those should have been negative ones at the least! Yeah, Tessa and Scott got mildly overscored...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Skate Canada   2013 Skate Canada - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Skate Canada
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next