Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Cup of China

Go down 
+21
polosatik
ilovethai
sweetdream
Alokya
Mao_Asada_sunrise
roma
AmazingGraceMao
aoi88
Mao2012
COHK
qingshui
sapphiresky
Haidogirl
chapis
tinalulu
ballerinamao
shar
zarinaballerina
PochinkoPotanko
pearlyriver
linglang
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:11 am

What's wrong ? Are you angry? Laugh 

2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 Byjukd112013 Cup of China   - Page 7 Byjuax10
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:25 pm

Thanks everyone for the photos and links.
I've been busy and still struggling to find time to catch up with SC and CoC. Unconscious 

roma wrote:
Interesting article regarding Zijun's condition:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/sports/2013-11/02/c_132853893.htm
Thanks for the article, roma. I just hope she will overcome puberty with help from her coach and team.  It looked as if she gave up her FS ... Sad, Lonely 

According to some news article, Taka's facing mental issues rather than physical problems or injury. His lack of confidence with jumps especially quads is the problem and he will overcome it by practice more and more.

I was wondering if he's fully recovered from the leg injury yet.  I hope he will regain his confidence back in time for nationals.

I think Kanako had much better programs last year.  It may be better for her to switch back to her SP of last season.
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:58 pm

Kanako with Kovtun, lol.

2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 0_c97fe_6811fb86_L

others photos are here:  http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/always--late/album/212831/
Back to top Go down
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 6:20 am

linglang wrote:
I've been busy and still struggling to find time to catch up with SC and CoC. Unconscious 

roma wrote:

Thanks for the article, roma. I just hope she will overcome puberty with help from her coach and team.  It looked as if she gave up her FS ... Sad, Lonely 
I'm a little worrying for Zijun, after reading the article. It's true that this is the 1st international competition for her this season. But I remember there was the domestic "China grand-prix" which took place at the beginning of Sept, and she wasn't doing very well with the FS at that time. And pretty much the same excuses were given then: injury, not in training systematically, the 1st time to run though the whole program. If it was the case then, her team should have already come up with something to help her during these two months so she'd at least have a decent outing for the 1st international competition.

Yes, we know puberty could be harsh, and I don't want to be harsh on that. But sometimes I do wonder if it is true like what Zijun's coach, Li Minzhu, once commented on Zijun in an interview about how the girl might lack a 'competitive' heart, as she's the top lady skater in the country now. When she's training at home, she wouldn't find anyone else doing everything better than her. So she could sit comfortably in that position. And now Li Minzhu has said in the post-COC interview that if there's no other accident, it will be Zijun and Kexin who get to go to Sochi. It's not like Zijun will have to fight hard for one of the entries, not as those Russian ladies.

(Just realize that while I'm writing this, Zijun has withdrawn from NHK. Perhaps this is a better move for her, I think.)
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:15 am

COHK wrote:
linglang wrote:

roma wrote:

I'm a little worrying for Zijun, after reading the article. It's true that this is the 1st international competition for her this season. But I remember there was the domestic "China grand-prix" which took place at the beginning of Sept, and she wasn't doing very well with the FS at that time. And pretty much the same excuses were given then: injury, not in training systematically, the 1st time to run though the whole program. If it was the case then, her team should have already come up with something to help her during these two months so she'd at least have a decent outing for the 1st international competition.

Yes, we know puberty could be harsh, and I don't want to be harsh on that. But sometimes I do wonder if it is true like what Zijun's coach, Li Minzhu, once commented on Zijun in an interview about how the girl might lack a 'competitive' heart, as she's the top lady skater in the country now. When she's training at home, she wouldn't find anyone else doing everything better than her. So she could sit comfortably in that position. And now Li Minzhu has said in the post-COC interview that if there's no other accident, it will be Zijun and Kexin who get to go to Sochi. It's not like Zijun will have to fight hard for one of the entries, not as those Russian ladies.

(Just realize that while I'm writing this, Zijun has withdrawn from NHK. Perhaps this is a better move for her, I think.)
Ah, that's too bad!

So there's  a possibility that Zijun is not a hard worker like Mirai ... scratch
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:42 am

COHK wrote:

Yes, we know puberty could be harsh, and I don't want to be harsh on that. But sometimes I do wonder if it is true like what Zijun's coach, Li Minzhu, once commented on Zijun in an interview about how the girl might lack a 'competitive' heart, as she's the top lady skater in the country now. When she's training at home, for hẻ she wouldn't find anyone else doing everything better than her. So she could sit comfortably in that position. And now Li Minzhu has said in the post-COC interview that if there's no other accident, it will be Zijun and Kexin who get to go to Sochi. It's not like Zijun will have to fight hard for one of the entries, not as those Russian ladies.

Thanks for speaking up, COHK. I've bee under the impression that she's making an excuse for her half-hearted performances at both the domestic event and CoC, but part of me hope that I was wrong. If her coach really said that, it's a cause for concern. No matter how good a coach is, she can't make her student to work hard if she doesn't want to. Kezin also trains under the same coach as Zijun and she has improved quite a lot. Just like Nicky said something along the line: The choreography for Coppelia is pretty good, and Lori knew what she was doing, but she can't make Zijun skate well if she doesn't feel it. You have to watch Zijun's FP with the British Eurosport commentary. Both of the commentators were baffled and didn't have anything to say during her performance. I still remember the pain of puberty, but she didn't even attempt to fight, didn't even to bother to finish her spin combo. I feel sorry for the fans who came up to support her.
I just sent a message to her yesterday, and now she withdrew Depressed Crying . I hope that she wouldn't disappoint us like Mirai.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:17 pm

I was finally able to catch up with CoC. I wasn't able to watch most of competition live, since I'm taking the next weekend off, so I can watch Mao Very Happy , thus I was very busy. Though, after reading your comments here, it looks like I haven't missed much.

I don't know what to think of Zijun. I thought her condition is due to her injury in the summer and not having a full run through of her programs, but like COHK said, she already used this excuse two months ago. Is "lacking a compeitive heart" another meaning for being lazy and diva-ish? I absolutely adore Zijun, however, if she intends to sit on her past achivements instead of working her butt off, she'll find her self as China's #2, not to mention her placements at international competitions will be anything but good.
As for her programs; how can Lori think Nutcracker is too mature for her, yet she gave her a Tango for SP? Whirly scratch  Is she for real? I don't know what the heck is going on with Lori, but Zijun is not a type for tango, at least not at the moment. Coppelia has potential, IMO.

I don't like Caro's programs. She is not Scherezade, and I'm glad to hear that her costume is a work in progress, because this one was hideous. She was overscored, but not as much as I was expecting.

Adelina; I know it's kind of early in the season, but will she ever learn how to compete? I can't remember the last time she skated a clean LP. I'm ok with her short, though her costume and the "hole" she had on the back of her skirt, annoyed the heck out of me. Her LP, is blah. I expected more from Averbukh, to be honest.

Kanako, for the love of God get rid of this ugly SP. If you want to be upbeat, than at least skate to something like "Sing Sing Sing", instead of to this weird music. she isn't going to get a high score with this kind of program. And her costume...ugh. I really like her LP though.
I hope the rumour about her reworking her jumps is not true, if it is, then her team is very stupid. I know this sounds harsh, but come on, you don't rework anything in the Olympic season, least of all jumps. Even if she didn't know how hard reworking jumps is, she had Mao around her for the past 3 years, where she could see from first hand, what reworking technicue does to you.

I absoluetaly love P/B free dance. Love Hearts 

I can't believe what kind of a FD was given to B/S. I thought russians wanted to see a russian dance team on the podium. scratch confused  I don't understand this.

IMO, Savchenko/Szolkowy can jump quads in their programs and they still won't win. Disappointed  I agree with all of you, this is a pairs version of Mao/Yuna situation from 09/10 season. Frustrated 
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:52 am

2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 BYTs7g-CYAA_EeV
Team China having great time
2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 BYTfvHCCQAALpNE
Nan Song looks so handsome. Razz 
Back to top Go down
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel
let`s talk

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:32 am

Lovely fan video of Taka, Kovtun and others, Award ceremony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpvY7TXc5yA
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 8:14 am

I hope Taka change the color of her costume,he sweat too much Hell, no! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Cup of China    2013 Cup of China   - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Cup of China
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7