Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)

Go down 
+16
ilovethai
sapphiresky
Afsfan
polosatik
Alokya
josling
linglang
shar
ballerinamao
Iceriver
PochinkoPotanko
Abdiel
let`s talk
pearlyriver
chapis
zarinaballerina
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:26 pm

Guys, i think Julia will win. Take a look at her TES, 73! affraid 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:29 pm

julia was incredible, what a performance
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:30 pm

139.75 affraid Unconscious  WTH?!  Shocked 

Mao, you better bring it in Sochi. pale  Julia just posted the highest LP and total score of the season. Yuna's score doesn't count, since she achieved it at B international.

Back to top Go down
Afsfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:34 pm

I really think Julia can win Olympic if her pcs will be around the same range in Sochi.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Afsfan wrote:
I really think Julia can win Olympic if her pcs will be around the same range in Sochi.

If Mao and Yuna make mistakes, absolutely. Without being mean, but we all know she'll be held up there, so both Yuna and especially Mao will have to be careful.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:37 pm

now we know that the russian team will be Julia and Adelina
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:41 pm

ballerinamao wrote:

I thought that was clear from the start. I know officially, the team hasn't been named, but I think everyone knew that Leonova doesn't stand a chance.

I think Ashley just saw her possible medal disappearing into oblivion. No way is she getting anywhere near the podium in Sochi.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:12 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:

I thought that was clear from the start. I know officially, the team hasn't been named, but I think everyone knew that Leonova doesn't stand a chance.

I think Ashley just saw her possible medal disappearing into oblivion. No way is she getting anywhere near the podium in Sochi.

Well strange things do happen, and Adelina isn't really known to be a consistent fs-skater, so a meltdown could have opened the door for Alena. but overall I think they all gave three solid performances, if it wasn't for the last 4 skaters this competition would have been a cheesefest. But you are right about Ashley's medal chances have significantly fallen after this competition, on the other hand julias and adelins chances have taken a different turn. after this competition the first thing I thought when I saw the scores was that now i'm soo curious to see what Mao could/would have scored had she attended 4CC. I don't know whether the scores were an indication of how scoring will be in sochi, or if the pcs and goe will be adjusted slightly, but one thing is for sure, after this we know that competition in Sochi is going to be fierce, Julia in particular she seems to be in absolute top form physically and mentally!

Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:34 pm

^ Considering that Adelina is loved by her federation, she would've still made it. After all Leonova was only 5th at Nats if I'm not mistaken.

I think that the girls fighting for the medals in Sochi will be Mao, Yuna, Julia, Gracie, Adelina and Caro. Ashley is going to have a very difficult time, especially after what happened at Nats. She's going back to Samson and Delilah program, so she'll at least place higher if clean then she would've with that Juliet crap.

I think it's better that Mao isn't going to 4CC. She would have to be in top form, while there's still some time left until ladies portion of the Games, so it's better to climb to peak form slowly, then to constantly having to adjust. Just IMO.
Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Julia was incredible. I don't consider myself her biggest fan but that score was totally deserved IMO. Realistically, her PCS should be quite lower than those of Mao, Yuna and Carolina but I think it's fair to give her this kind of scores when she skates like she did today. At the Olympics, a clean Mao would score around 73-75 I think, something similar to Caro and Yuna. All in all, the veterans should not rely on PCS as much as they did these last couple of seasons. Honestly, I don't see the judges separating Julia and Adelina from Mao, Caro and Yuna by more than 5 points in PCS unless one of them skates an extraordinary LP that brings the house down.

And I just want to point out that I agree with Julia's PCS within this competition. Comparisons between Julia and Mao at other competitions shouldn't be made yet. PCS are always relative to the field. Adelina skated very well but with one mistake and got 69 (quite high), then Caro had multiple mistakes but is obviously superior in PCS (also because she is Carolina Kostner) so the judges had to give her more points but within a reasonable margin. Then Julia skated brilliantly, so one point behind Adelina seems right to me. Had all of them been clean (in this particular competition) they would have got something like 73 Caro, 70 Adelina and 68 (the actual score) Julia I think.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Iceriver wrote:
Julia was incredible. I don't consider myself her biggest fan but that score was totally deserved IMO. Realistically, her PCS should be quite lower than those of Mao, Yuna and Carolina but I think it's fair to give her this kind of scores when she skates like she did today. At the Olympics, a clean Mao would score around 73-75 I think, something similar to Caro and Yuna. All in all, the veterans should not rely on PCS as much as they did these last couple of seasons. Honestly, I don't see the judges separating Julia and Adelina from Mao, Caro and Yuna by more than 5 points in PCS unless one of them skates an extraordinary LP that brings the house down.

And I just want to point out that I agree with Julia's PCS within this competition. Comparisons between Julia and Mao at other competitions shouldn't be made yet. PCS are always relative to the field. Adelina skated very well but with one mistake and got 69 (quite high), then Caro had multiple mistakes but is obviously superior in PCS (also because she is Carolina Kostner) so the judges had to give her more points but within a reasonable margin. Then Julia skated brilliantly, so one point behind Adelina seems right to me. Had all of them been clean (in this particular competition) they would have got something like 73 Caro, 70 Adelina and 68 (the actual score) Julia I think.

if Mao is clean her sp score will be 77-78, that's the score I think she would have reached at the GPF if it wasn't for that Amano and the korean assistant!

Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:18 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
^ Considering that Adelina is loved by her federation, she would've still made it. After all Leonova was only 5th at Nats if I'm not mistaken.

I think that the girls fighting for the medals in Sochi will be Mao, Yuna, Julia, Gracie, Adelina and Caro. Ashley is going to have a very difficult time, especially after what happened at Nats. She's going back to Samson and Delilah program, so she'll at least place higher if clean then she would've with that Juliet crap.

I think it's better that Mao isn't going to 4CC. She would have to be in top form, while there's still some time left until ladies portion of the Games, so it's better to climb to peak form slowly, then to constantly having to adjust. Just IMO.

I hated Ashleys samson delilah program, too much posing and fake expressions and the combination of both made her skating look soo fake, I was delighted when I knew she skated it for the last time last season. despite her new fs not having been well received, I much much prefer it to her old fs. and I feel the same way with Carolinas fs program she is reusing, not to the same degree as Ashley but still much prefer the fs she skated in the beginning of this season(through I love her sp to ave maria).

I really don't get why they went back to the old programs, as long as they would have landed the jumps and gotten the levels on the spins and steps they would have gotten good pcs regardless of the choreography, now they are wasting their remaining training time adjusting to the new programs, and seeing so many reused programs may also bore the judges in the end, regardless if they originally liked the programs.

Back to top Go down
Iceriver
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:34 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
Iceriver wrote:

if Mao is clean her sp score will be 77-78, that's the score I think she would have reached at the GPF if it wasn't for that Amano and the korean assistant!

Sorry I didn't write it correctly. I was talking about her PCS in the FS, not the SP score. Obviously, a clean SP from Mao would be around 77  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:37 pm

[/quote]

iceriver wrote:
Sorry I didn't write it correctly. I was talking about her PCS in the FS, not the SP score. Obviously, a clean SP from Mao would be around 77  Very Happy 
[/quote]

oh well that makes more sense  Smile
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 7:25 pm

Wait...(I didn't watch the videos) can someone explain to me what Julia did that scored her so high this time, is this just inflation to set her up for Sochi?

She has performed perfect programs before, but never scored this high.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Actually, just looked at the protocols...she changed her layout a little bit, but that didn't actually change her base value that much.

She had an 8 point increase in PCS from the GPF, and increased by 7 points in TES (mostly from GOE, same edge calls for her lutz.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec2014/ec2014_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1314/gpf1314_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

2 points, either:

A) scoring is relative in a competition, she is scored accordingly to her competitors in that competition.

B) the power of politiking in FS.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Now I feel so nervous about the Olympics. Julia is no longer just a medal contender, she'll even win OGM if Yuna and Mao is not clean.  Bawling It will be very heart-breaking for me. I still think Julia's performances at SA were her best this season. What cave have I been living in? Now the PCS are distributed like candies and the wonderbabes can get it rather easily instead of having to work their butts off for many years. Old veterans like Carol, Mao and Yuna don't have much advantage over them PCS-wise.
Back to top Go down
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ilovethai

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 11:06 pm

pearlyriver wrote:
Now I feel so nervous about the Olympics. Julia is no longer just a medal contender, she'll even win OGM if Yuna and Mao is not clean.  Bawling It will be very heart-breaking for me. I still think Julia's performances at SA were her best this season. What cave have I been living in? Now the PCS are distributed like candies and the wonderbabes can get it rather easily instead of having to work their butts off for many years. Old veterans like Carol, Mao and Yuna don't have much advantage over them  PCS-wise.
LONG GONE are the days when a 64 or even a 60 for PCS in the LP, and 190 for a total score were absolutely, downright, amazing scores  Neutral Now it seems any unpolished baby skater can get over 200 total score.

This is shameless politicking from Russia. Sly mutts. Not only do they have a Gold Medal contender now (Julia) but they also have a backup contender in case Julia messes up (Adelina). You can also bet Russia is hoping to win the ladies singles portion of the Team Event.

I don't really know what to think. I just hope Mao's is in great condition and will skate clean I guess.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 11:53 pm

ilovethai wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:
Now I feel so nervous about the Olympics. Julia is no longer just a medal contender, she'll even win OGM if Yuna and Mao is not clean.  Bawling It will be very heart-breaking for me. I still think Julia's performances at SA were her best this season. What cave have I been living in? Now the PCS are distributed like candies and the wonderbabes can get it rather easily instead of having to work their butts off for many years. Old veterans like Carol, Mao and Yuna don't have much advantage over them  PCS-wise.
LONG GONE are the days when a 64 or even a 60 for PCS in the LP, and 190 for a total score were absolutely, downright, amazing scores  Neutral Now it seems any unpolished baby skater can get over 200 total score.

This is shameless politicking from Russia. Sly mutts. Not only do they have a Gold Medal contender now (Julia) but they also have a backup contender in case Julia messes up (Adelina). You can also bet Russia is hoping to win the ladies singles portion of the Team Event.

I don't really know what to think. I just hope Mao's is in great condition and will skate clean I guess.

I think Adelina is still favored over Julia, since she earned higher PCS. But Julia's chances of skating perfect is much greater, so she is more of a contender. Yea, I just hope Mao can skate well at the Olympics.
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 1:21 am

Just watched the free skate of top three ladies.
I'm happy to see that Julia and Adelina did very well in FS as well while I'm disappointed that Caro couldn't skate clean and also the layout was changed by switching spin and 3s. I prefer the last season's choreo.

Actually while it's good to watch a clean skate, I agree with you about PCS. It's really distressing to know that your favorite skater has got one more extra competitor whose called Putin ...  Fried  I know Mao is a fighter, she will not feel intimidated even at a fight against a tycoon.  Twisted Evil 

I don't know what PCS Mao could have obtained if she skated clean FS this season.  So far it ranged between 68.79 and 70.23.  Considering the tendency of this season where scores are boosted across the board because of Olympics, her PCS could reach a lot higher if she skates clean.

But, what really bothers and worries me is even when she skated lights out, her PCS was held down at GPF SP.  Is there any tendency that judges hold down PCS for SP in comparison to FS, I mean in terms of absolute values (without those 0.80/1.60 factors). If that's the case my anxiety will be eased a little bit.  I want to ask Lori, if I could, if she agrees with 34.91 for that fabulous performance.  I really don't get it.  The program is so well choreographed in all those five components, but the score remained in 8s. I don't get score of 8.39 for transition/linking footwork in particular on top of those 8s for the other components.  Mad  Especially when you witness those PCS boost tendency with other skaters including men.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:49 am

I'm getting worried day by day, well of course Olympics are close but seeing such scores for Julia  Suspect If Yuna and Mao will make even tiny mistakes, Julia will take the gold. Her scores yesterday made it clear.
And maybe I'm weird or maybe there's something wrong with me but while all Russian fans were in tears after Julia's Lp, I felt nothing. It was clean, she did all her elements, but there was one wonky landing after 2a. But what else? I find Adelina's Lp performance more moving then Julia's.
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:14 am

I like Julia but I love her potential, she is only 15yo, right now she has deficiencies in her skating so I don´t understand judges giving her those scores  Suspect . Adelina is awsome too, when Julia and Adelina are clean I definitly prefer Adelina, she and Gracie has more potential than Julia. Radionova, Alexandra, Polina E, Serafima are great too, a few years ago ladies figure skating were practically only Mao and Yuna  Shocked .
Well if Mao and Yuna do very obvious some mistakes and Julia is perfect it would be fair give her the gold medal, we don´t know if Julia will maintain her jumps in the next years, we don´t know if she will grow up more, I starting to think she won´t because in the last two years she looks the same. And she is good but all the hype will be worse in Sochi and she being Russian, I don´t know how she will handle so much pressure so young, Polina is a unknown, she will be some relaxed, but Julia will be favorite with Mao and Yuna. I hope Mao get motivated for this skaters  Cheering , now is not only Yuna.
And I am happy Carolina is doing better but I hate her Bolero  Yep, Sadly .
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:20 am

Men's FS just started... Soo rooting for Tomas and Javi!! Smile
Stream:
http://www.sportschau.de/av/videostreamlivestreameiskunstlaufeminbudapest104.html
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 5:40 am

polosatik wrote:
I'm getting worried day by day, well of course Olympics are close but seeing such scores for Julia  Suspect If Yuna and Mao will make even tiny mistakes, Julia will take the gold. Her scores yesterday made it clear.
And maybe I'm weird or maybe there's something wrong with me but while all Russian fans were in tears after Julia's Lp, I felt nothing. It was clean, she did all her elements, but there was one wonky landing after 2a. But what else? I find Adelina's Lp performance more moving then Julia's.

I feel exactly the same. Nicky Slater was raving over Julia, yes she was clean, and she has improved so much, but her jumps are tiny, they have absolutely no flow, she practically stops after she lands the jumps, I don't know how she's capable to land 3-3. She received some very high goe for her average jumps, IMO.
She is a deserved winner, and considering how highly they overscored Adelina, they had to do the same for Julia. But 68 in PCS?  Disappointed  The same for Adelina's 69+.  Suspect 

While Nicky was over the moon about Julia's interpretation, I kept thinking, where does he see this? Yes, she's a beautiful young girl, with lovely lines and great flexibility, but to me at least, she doesn't portray the story of Schindler's List, or to say it better, she doesn't feel it. Which is understandable, she's only 15. But this music is so gut wrenchingly beautiful, every time I listen to Perlman playing it, I have goosebumps and tears in my eyes, yet watching Julia performing to it, is leaving me completely cold. All I see is a pretty girl, with a pretty costume, doing figure skating stuff to this amazingly beautiful music.

It really pisses me off, how judges are scoring this very young skaters simply because of Sochi. Both Yuna and Mao had to work their butts for many seasons, before they've gotten to 68 level in PCS department. PCS is more than just looking pretty, landing jumps...it's about SS, execution, transitions and so on, or at least it should be.

Don't get me wrong, if Julia will be the best on the night in Sochi, then yes she should absolutely win, but not like this, being sudenly held up, simply because she's a Russian and Oly's are in Russia. Who wants to bet, had the games been in any other country, that neither Adelina nor Julia, would've received those scores. And this is what really pisses me off.  Frustrated 

@ballerinamao, ugh, don't remind me of that Delilah posing. Disappointed  I honestly wonder if Philip Mills is capable of choreographing a program without having the skaters pose through half of it, or maybe it was Ashley, who's not capable of performing without posing. She had a very hard time with Juliet. She couldn't pull it off. But to be fair, it looks like Wilson's mission was to find the most weird music pieces and put them together. I expected better from him, and I'm not even Ashley's fan.

IMO, Samson and Dalilah is in her comfort zone. Just look at her SP, she either poses or is pretending to have an orgazm through it. I'm sorry to all Ashley fans on this board, but I really hate her SP. She's trying way too hard.
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 6:10 am

Wow the German commentator just said that the ISU plans that the commentators will hear what the three technical specialists are discussing while competition in the future. And that maybe these audio tapes will be released to the public after competition ... Surprised
So maybe we will hear what Amano thinks while downgrading Mao's beautiful 3A in the future...?!
(If she only would continue competing after this season.... ;( )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)   ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISU European Championships 2014 (1/13- 1/19)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next