Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TEB 2014!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 10:12 am

Well, it needs a thread.... and here's the results page: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra2014/
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 7:09 am

Lena was fabulous in FS! Loved choreography, her musicality,everything. Well deserved 1st place, PB and congratulations with passing the 200 mark! Can't wait to see Lena and Liza in GPF))) sunny
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 8:18 am

Yay! She was awesome! Cloud 9

So the GPF is Lena, Liza, Julia, Anna, Ashley, and someone else?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 9:32 am

polosatik wrote:
Lena was fabulous in FS! Loved choreography, her musicality,everything. Well deserved 1st place, PB and congratulations with passing the 200 mark! Can't wait to see Lena and Liza in GPF))) sunny

Absolutely! She's an amazing firecracker. Love Hearts And she just scored the highest LP of all the ladies this season! cheers The eurosport guys (british) are crazy about her, and rightly so. Now all she has to do is survive puberty and she's going to be the next IT girl of figure skating. Yep!

I can see the podium at GPF being:
Lena
Liza
Julia (only because there's no way the judges will leave her off the podium, otherwise I'd prefer Anna).
In this exact order please. I adore Liza and wish her all the best and then some, but Lena holds a special place in my heart.

I already know my heart is going to break at Russian Nationals. 5 girls (assuming Adelina is coming back) and only 3 places. Bawling I want Liza and Lena on the team and it's not going to happen if Adelina comes back. They won't leave her nor Julia at home.

I really prefer the french version of Stolbova/Klimov LP, I hope they'll keep it. They didn't look pleased with the score though.
Loved the Chinese, both couples. Very Happy

I can't wait to see Yuko/Sasha next week. IMO, they have the best LP of the season and I hope they'll rock NHK, leaving everyone in the dust.

Thank you Eurosport for promising to show everything live (except men) only to change the program yet again and show stupid Bundesliga instead. Very Mad Frustrated And if they wouldn't show every freaking snooker competition, I think an entire Eurosport would just combust. What's up with this? Snooker isn't even a sport (in my view at least). Very Mad

I-spiralmao wrote:
So the GPF is Lena, Liza, Julia, Anna, Ashley, and someone else?
I think it's going to be between Satoko and Gracie. They both have the bronze from their previous GP, so whoever wins it, goes to GPF. At least I think so.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 10:22 am

Thanks zarina. My money's on Satoko.... and Russian nationals is going to be a bloodbath. (I want Liza, Lena, and I don't care about the third person on the team.... but that probably won't happen).

And S/H were nice, even though I prefer their SP to their FS...
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 11:55 am

l-spiralmao wrote:
Thanks zarina. My money's on Satoko.... and Russian nationals is going to be a bloodbath. (I want Liza, Lena, and I don't care about the third person on the team.... but that probably won't happen).

And S/H were nice, even though I prefer their SP to their FS...

I forgot to add that Kanako also has a bronze so she's in the run as well. I wouldn't bet on Satoko just yet. While I'd love to see her in Barcelona, she has a tendency to UR her jumps due to the (very) low jump height. So IF Gracie pulls it together, she'll win it. Polina Edmunds is also competing there, but I'm not sure she can make it even with a win, since she was 4th in her previous GP.

I like S/H's LP. I contrasts nicely to their upbeat SP, with the maturity and elegance.

What do you guys think of Ashley's score? IMO, she was overscored in PCS. But then I'm probably prejudiced since I don't like her. It's like the same facial expression in every program, just different music. And to me, she appears a bit fake. Just my impression.

Julia's score was also blah. Her LP is awful, she was dead throughout the entire program and looked like she was doing her own thing while some music was being played in the background, and she gets 62+ in PCS. Rolling Eyes

I'm just back from watching ice dance. I loved Hurtado/Diaz. Dance They improved so much, it's insane.

In the mens, hopefully Denis will win Worship , with Kostya Menshov in the second. It's scarry how good Kostya's jumps are and he's 31.Shocked
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 1:44 pm

I have only gotten around to watching Lena.... and Julia bores me. I do like Ashley....

Could Satoko get in with a silver if Gold wins? (and they bump out Ashley....)
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 2:19 pm

Oh boy, what was that... I think I jinxed the men.Escape
Kostya Depressed Crying , that was not good. and his coach was really pissed. IMO, he should've kept quiet on camera and only went off camera.
Machida, I can't believe I've forgotten about him in my previous post. Well, at least he's gotten the highest PCS...Sad, Lonely
Denis having a meltdown of sorts...what the heck happened.Bawling
And Kovtun won the whole thing. Whirly

In theory Satoko could go to GPF with a silver, however she would need to win a tie break with Ashley, meaning a higher overall score than Ash.
Ashley has a combined score of 363.74 (186 at SC, 177.74 at TEB) so Satoko who scored 181.75 at SC, needs to get at least a 182 at NHK to win a tiebreak. This way she'd have a combined total of 363.75 which would be enough. That is, IF Gracie wins. If Gracie places behind Satoko (the same with Kanako) and Satoko gets at least silver than she's in for sure.

Edit: Unless Polina would win with a Radionova score, then Polina, Satoko and Ashley would all have 24 pints and the tie break would decide.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 2:33 pm

Speaking of GPF; does anyone know what's up with Yuzu? Will he compete at NHK, or to phrase it better, is his medical condition stable enough for him to compete? God knows, his leg could've fallen off and this boy would still find a way to compete. Unconscious I hope that if he isn't healthy, he'll skip NHK. There is no shame in withdrawing from competition due to medical issues. Health MUST always come first.

However if he'll compete, he needs to place 3rd to go to GPF, I think. scratch
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 3:10 pm

Said by me: If Kovtun wins, I'm sticking my head in a freezer... and I really do not want to know what happened to the men.... and... is Hanyu ready to compete?

(I'm not sure if Yan should've gone here....)
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 3:55 pm

l-spiralmao wrote:
Said by me: If Kovtun wins, I'm sticking my head in a freezer... and I really do not want to know what happened to the men.... and... is Hanyu ready to compete?

(I'm not sure if Yan should've gone here....)

ROTFLMAO So, how does it feel having your head stuck in the freezer? Razz Wink but yeah, I completely agree, I didn't want to see him win either. Mad
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 4:28 pm

I said it right after he skated.... I didn't expect everyone else to bomb.... and he bores me.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 2:16 am

Well,I'm not a fan of Kovtun, but I like his LP. And I think he improved a lot in PCS since last season. Of course I didn't expect him to win, but sport is like this, you have to be lucky. And Kovtun has the best luck I guess.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 3:03 am

polosatik wrote:
Well,I'm not a fan of Kovtun, but I like his LP. And I think he improved a lot in PCS since last season. Of course I didn't expect him to win, but  sport is like this, you have to be lucky. And Kovtun has the best luck I guess.

Ugh, you can say that again. He's incredibly lucky. No way should he ever beaten Yuzu, but there you go, Yuzu and Han have a horrible clash which unables them to skate to their usual standards so Kovtun wins. At TEB no way he would've beaten Machida (under normal circumstances) but there you go, Machida and everyone else except Kovtun bombs and again, he wins. Of course neither of this happenings is Kovtun's fault, but still his luck is really something. I hope everything will be normal at GPF. I honestly want to forget men's TEB ASAP, and never see something like this again.

I still don't understand what happened. In the last group, litterally everyone bombed except Kovtun. Whirly Faint2
Back to top Go down
girlgirllo

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 6:56 am

I actually enjoyed Kovtun FS. He was in to the music. I enjoyed the music; it was different not boring classical music. He landed two different types of quads, triple axle, triple lutz/triple toe. He did really good.  I did not view his short program just the judges scores. My goodness his Techn scores are amazing. This man did a quad in combination and another quad and triple axle that is amazing when many men can't even manage one quad in the short.
Back to top Go down
pearlyriver
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
pearlyriver

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 1:30 am

zarinaballerina wrote:

What do you guys think of Ashley's score? IMO, she was overscored in PCS. But then I'm probably prejudiced since I don't like her. It's like the same facial expression in every program, just different music. And to me, she appears a bit fake. Just my impression.

I have grown to appreciate Ashley's skating this season, but I know many people who love her agree that she was overscored in transitions and skating skills. She can sell her program and she is polished but her programs have almost no transition and her step sequences are average at best but her TR and SS indicate that she was on par with the top skaters. I think her basic skating is even inferior to Lena. My friend saw Lena at SA last year and was amazed at how good her basics were, and at TEB last week, a Julia fan I know echoed that Lena and Julia had better speed and ice coverage than Ashley. It seems like transition is a program component which will never be scored correctly because many top skaters have little transitions but their scores don't suffer. Since the top skaters have retired, the judges or whoever in power seem to want to establish Ashley as the Meryl Streep of FS to contrast with the waves of Dakota Fanning from Russia, but IMHO Ashley is more of a Julia Roberts silent .
Btw, it occurs to me that no matter what Lena does, there will always be certain people who whine that they miss Yuna and Lena is just a jumping bean, but if Lena suddenly skates like Yuna, those people will accuse her of being a copycat. Lena has competed in different countries and she always electrifies the crowd each time she skates so that at least tells something about her showmanship.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 3:15 am

pearlyriver wrote:

I have grown to appreciate Ashley's skating this season, but I know many people who love her agree that she was overscored in transitions and skating skills. She can sell her program and she is polished but her programs have almost no transition and her step sequences are average at best but her TR and SS indicate that she was on par with the top skaters. I think her basic skating is even inferior to Lena. My friend saw Lena at SA last year and was amazed at how good her basics were, and at TEB last week, a Julia fan I know echoed that Lena and Julia had better speed and ice coverage than Ashley. It seems like transition is a program component which will never be scored correctly because many top skaters have little transitions but their scores don't suffer. Since the top skaters have retired, the judges or whoever in power seem to want to establish Ashley as the Meryl Streep of FS to contrast with the waves of Dakota Fanning from Russia, but IMHO Ashley is more of a Julia Roberts silent .
Btw, it occurs to me that no matter what Lena does, there will always be certain people who whine that they miss Yuna and Lena is just a jumping bean, but if Lena suddenly skates like Yuna, those people will accuse her of being a copycat. Lena has competed in different countries and she always electrifies the crowd each time she skates so that at least tells something about her showmanship.

Love this analogy. I agree with you, Ashley is no Merly Streep. Whirly I mean Merly is a godess, one of the best actresses ever, at least IMO. I wouldn't call Ashley Julia Roberts either, to me, she's more of a Jennifer Aniston. Lips sealed Jenn is not a very good actress IMO, but has a nice career, making nice money, however she's only "good" at one type of films. Romantic,fluffy comedies and she's always the same. And Ashley kind of fits into this. She isn't a very good skater (her SS, basics) but she's made the best of what she's capable off, she has a nice career, has won medals (even an olympic one), and like Jen she's really only good at one type of programs. Powerful and sexy. And she always looks the same (facial expressions). Just IMO.

I wonder if Gracie finally pulls it together, will the judges still overscore Ashley? I mean I agree with them, Ashley is a woman amongst all those baby russians, but you can't score someone based on their age. You need to score what you see on the ice on that day. Something IJS has been missing from the very start. Ashley does not deserve the scores she's getting and even though this sounds childish, I really hope Gracie will pull herself together, because I can't stand Ashley. Her behaviour when she sees her scores... People always jump on Julia when she pulls a stunt like this, and I'm one of them, but when Ash does it, it's "Oh look it's like McKayla Maroney at London 2012." Frustrated This isn't something to be proud off. I don't know, it feels to me like her two nationals titles have made her feel like she's all that, and she turned cocky.
Not that Gracie is an angel far from it, but for now, I prefer her.

As for Lena; please stay the way you are! She has such joy when competing, can sell the heck out of her (not very good) programs, has so much charisma. She's just a joy to watch. But she does need to get better programs, and costumes. Escape
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TEB 2014!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEB 2014!    TEB 2014!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TEB 2014!
Page 1 of 1