Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain

Go down 
+6
silenceisgolden
polosatik
l-spiralmao
linglang
let`s talk
COHK
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 9:24 am

Does anyone have a stream for ladies?
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 9:28 am

linglang wrote:
I agree that Yuzu's skating skill is superb.  His skating skill improved dramatically even since last year.  

When I watched him live @ GPF2013, I wasn't impressed by his skating because his poor postures between jumps disturbed me and his skating skills didn't look so good.  So I couldn't agree with a sudden PCS inflation he was given at the competition.  At first I thought the judges decided to inflate scores across the board towards the Olympics, but it happened only for him.  Even Mao's superb and sublime Nocturne SP was underscored in PCS let alone stupid UR call on her 3A.  Then I came to realize he's become a special boy for the FS business. I know it's silly and ridiculous and invalid to compare Men and Women though.  I'm really upset every time I see that his scores are kept unfairly high even when he fell multiple times and even when his speed got slower in the second half.  It is as if the judges use a different set of criteria for him.

Looking at the protocols, he got TES 51+ by garnering positive GOEs on every elements other than the combo. The GOEs saved him and made up the loss from the fall.  I know I should be convinced by this, but I cannot.  This judging system is so wrong.  It needs to be overhauled and revised.

I agree, this judging system is a giant joke, however, I do agree with positive GOEs for Yuzu this time. Yesterday he was just amazing, and while he should've received a bigger -GOE for the messed up combo, everything else was just perfect, so to me, his score is OK. If he would skate clean his PCS would've been higher, so they punished him for the mistakes.
I don't agree with his CoC LP score though. 5 falls and he got a score of 154.60 Evil or Very Mad Suspect That was a joke and a disrespect for other skaters, and all judges should've been fired that day.
Though even when Yuzu is overscored, his overscoring is nowhere near what Chan received.

The problem with Mao was, that for some uknown reason she was hated by the judges, while a certain other skater was adored by them. Whirly Very Mad Due to this, she got some unjustified UR's or DGs, and was constantly undermarked for everything else. Frustrated

let's talk wrote:
I started questioning his personality too. He is 20 years old who can't act anymore like a silly kid who doesn't understand what is going on. Of course he understands everything and the worst part of it he doesn't mind this farce at all. No

Hm, I don't see it that way. To me, he often looks genuinely surprised even shocked when he receives a good score for a bad skate. Maybe I'm just seeing things, because I'm a fan of his, but to me, he comes across as a humble hard working guy, who wants to be perfect all the time. But then, I don't know him personally, I can only judge on what I see and hear.

@Iceriver, I can't wait to read your report! cheers
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 9:31 am

l-spiralmao wrote:
Does anyone have a stream for ladies?

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/Figurnoe_katanie/w/spbvideo_NI501208_Gran-pri-Final-ZHenschini-Proizvolinaya-programma

You'll need Hola and choose russia as a country.
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 9:38 am

Okay... really ambitious jump layout from Wagner (3f+3t and 3lo+3s....), not sure if it was all rotated and I prefer her other programs to this one....
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 9:48 am

Rika was decent but kind of boring. Why couldn't Satoko have replaced Gold?
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 9:53 am

Does anyone else find Anna a lot faster than Ashley and Rika? I prefer her SP, this is boring me...
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 10:03 am

Go Lena! Encore Escape
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 10:09 am

Well, Lena was awesome.... flower as for Julia.... Sad, Lonely
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 10:14 am

....go Liza! cherry
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 10:40 am

OMG Lena, my little warrior! Dance Worship Boogie cheers Not perfect, but she landed everything and fought through everything. Worship

Liza!!!! cheers Dance Love Happy dance Boogie Cheering Faint2 She broke 200, the only lady beside Lena to do so. Russian Fed, you better take notice, I want these two on Russian team this season! Yep!
I couldn't help but shed a few tears watching Liza in the middle of the podium. I'm so happy for her, after the last season, to see her coming back at the top is amazing. Love Hearts

I can't believe Ashley has managed to medal again. Shocked I'm not a afn of hers, and to me her jumps look borderline on UR most of the time, but this is great for her.

Anna... Depressed Crying Is she injured, sick? She was great at SC, but after that she's strugling. Or is it nerves? So sad for her. Depressed Crying

I don't like the canadian pair very much, but it's great that they're pushing the boundries, thus forcing the russians to up their game. Twisted Evil Max/Tanya, take notice! Razz
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 11:55 am

So, our Russian world team is most likely Liza, Lena, and.... ? (Has Sotnikova retired?)
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 12:32 pm

No, Sotnikova is out with injury. It'll be interesting to see if she'll be ready for Euros or worlds, and if yes, who will the Federation drop. scratch
Both Lena and Liza deserve to be on that team, so if Adelina shows up in shape, it's going to be very interesting. I wonder if they'll be willing to drop Yulia...
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 12:47 pm

....maybe? If she skate like this at nationals....

And now, onto men! Go Javi, Machida, and Yuzu! Rockstar
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Mura was eh, I don't like lyrics in his program, and the only skater I want to see the butt-spin on is Elena Radionova. I'm going to hide now. Escape
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 1:09 pm

....I will assume he was okay and didn't bomb. In the meantime, onto the Russians....
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 1:15 pm

I feel like Vonorov has telegraphing issues. His music's interesting....
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 1:18 pm

My feelings towards Kovtun, summed up by jkun on goldenskate: "I'd root for a potato to beat him."

Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 1:26 pm

....and he has the same music as Abbott's 2011-2012 FS, which is one of my favorite men 's programs ever.... so yeah. I'm bored. Sleep Go Machida and Hanyu! Encore
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 1:30 pm

Um.... okay then.... Machida kind of bombs, and I'm going to hide now. Escape
Back to top Go down
l-spiralmao
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
l-spiralmao

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 1:41 pm

And Hanyu was awesome! Rockstar
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 2:12 pm

Holy wow, Hanyu! Shocked WOW! Dance He is back! cheers Perfect, until the last 3 Lutz on which he fell.Faint2 lol! I can't believe how much better he is after only 2 weeks since NHK. Now get some rest and get completely healthy for 4CC and especially Worlds.Yep!

Oh, I've forgotten about Nats at the end of December. I wish he didn't have to skate there, but well, hopefully he'll take some much needed rest after it.

Javi winning a silver...awesome! Dance Still alot of room for improvement, I can't wait to see his programs being skated cleanly, preferably at worlds. Yep!

Really happy for Voronov winning the bronze medal, especially after being so badly screwed yesterday. Boogie

What happened to Machida? That was really bad. Depressed Crying Hopefully he'll be able to put this skate behind him and rock it at Nats.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 2:40 am

Ladies FS was fabulous! I thought I'm dreaming cause I would never believe my dream podium can happen. Liza, Lena and Ashley! Just wow! Lena is a fighter, after a disappointing SP, she did wonderful job with her LP and I loved her new dress. She skated with so much power and hit every note of the music. Ashley, oh love her LP! She just a diva, in a good way of course. I love how confident she is. And she tried two triple-triple combos! Gutsy girl)))
Liza was just Dance Into your face haters, for you who said she has to quit skating ,she's fat and she can't skate like she used to anymore. Her jumps are out of this world, I can't wait to see her 3lz-3t back!
Men FS was good too. But oh Machida Sad, Lonely I hope he's not injured, that looked really painful.
Yuzuru was almost perfect, I'm still not a fan of this program, but his skating was sublime. But then again, what's up with his behaviour? I think now he looked more like an American skater then a Japanese skater. Well, he's a star, no question. But it's too much, especially how he behaved at medal ceremony Hell, no! Don't get me wrong, I don't want to say he's mean or something. But I remember how people was strict to Yuna, but she has never behaved like that. It seems men stars can do anything and they're still the best. Ladies can not to a thing wrong Disappointed It's kind of unfair I guess.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 3:11 am

I agree polosatik, about Liza! In your face haters!!! Razz Razz Razz She was sooo good. I'm not a fan of her hand movement, but her jumps, holy cow, so huge! affraid Like you, I can't wait to see her upgrade her tech content. Will she do it this season, has she or Mishin said anything?

polosatik wrote:

Yuzuru was almost perfect, I'm still not a fan of this program, but his skating was sublime. But then again, what's up with his behaviour? I think now he looked more like an American skater then a Japanese skater. Well, he's a star, no question. But it's too much, especially how he behaved at medal ceremony Hell, no! Don't get me wrong, I don't want to say he's mean or something. But I remember how people was strict to Yuna, but she has never behaved like that. It seems men stars can do anything and they're still the best. Ladies can not to a thing wrong Disappointed It's kind of unfair I guess.

Again, I agree. I like his LP music, but i'm not a fan of this choreography. However as you said, Yuzu's skating was out of this world sublime. Dance Swoon
His behaviour in K&C though... I like it that he's confident and comfortable in his skin about all this attention, but that was a whole new Yuzu. Whirly I loved seeing him all happy and emotional on the podium, and him encouraging the audienece to cheer even louder for Javi, was really cute, but honestly, I miss the old reserved Yuzu. I guess i'm just not used to seeing a japanese skater behaving like this. Hell, no!

The only thing I remember about people critisizing Yuna was at 2011 worlds. She was crying there, so non Yuna fans jumped on her like there's no tomorrow, because a year earlier, at Vancouver, Yuna fans (or maybe bots) were bashing Mao like crazy for daring to look sad and not happy on the podium, and crying in the japanese interview right after her skate. Very Mad Whirly Rolling Eyes So they just pay those idiots back. I did laugh my butt off to be honest, reading Yuna fans falling over themselves with trying to find excuses for their Queen's podium tears. Too bad they didn't try to do the same for Mao and try to understand her position. She was in no way disrespectful, just disapointed in herself and probably really upset that she couldn't win the gold for her Mom.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 3:37 am

@Zarina, have you seen Shoma Uno? Ahhh, I can't hide it anymore, my favourite men skater for now! Even he's still 16! What a talent! I was so sad then Daisuke retired, but then I saw Shoma. Now I can't wait to see him grow, his artistry has blown me away already! sunny
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 3:48 am

polosatik wrote:
@Zarina, have you seen Shoma Uno? Ahhh, I can't hide it anymore, my favourite men skater for now! Even he's still 16! What a talent! I was so sad then Daisuke retired, but then I saw Shoma. Now I can't wait to see him grow, his artistry has blown me away already! sunny

I've not just seen him, my mouth was affraid Shocked WOW! Dance Love Hearts through his entire performance! This kid is pfenomenal. And he reminds me of Daisuke so much. Love The only problem I have with him, is his coaching team. Both Mao and now Kanako have jump issues and they've both been coached by Yamada. So this does worry me a bit, but as long as his technique doesn't suffer, it's cool.

polosatik, do you know what kind of coaches are Kustarova and Alexeeva? I'm a HUGE fan of Lena/Ruslan so I hope their team can bring them to the top in the next years. Dance Boogie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain   GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GPF and JGPF 2014 Barcelona, Spain
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next