Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cup of China 2015

Go down 
+12
europeanfan
Lady_in_black
sapphiresky
shar
WowMao
polosatik
ballerinamao
roma
l-spiralmao
silenceisgolden
zarinaballerina
COHK
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 11:05 pm

Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 COC15_maoa_zpswpklae3w

Werk those toe picks Mao!!!
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 2:11 am

Mao's practicing 3Lz at COC:

Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 KDfvsqu
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 8:56 am

Thank you tinalulu for sharing your experience!!!
It’s nice to know that there are many Mao fans in China.  sunny
I knew Yuzu has lots of fans there, though... that rain of Phoohs Laugh

And also thanks Chinese fan(s) for these cute photos.  Very Happy

Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Ctogg210

Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Ctogg211

Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Ctogg213

Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Ctogg214
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 4:39 am

Thanks for the report from Cup of China tinalulu. It really gave me a picture of the scene surrounding Mao's freeskate. I agree with you about Mao's skating resembling a Lu Chen's a lot, especially her Butterfly Lovers and Rach II LPs. I actually like Lu Chen's performances the best in the Olympics in both 1994 and 1998 and thought she should have won Gold in 1994. Butterfly Lovers at the 1998 Olympics is one my favorite performances. Lu Chen's expression at the beginning of Rach II at Worlds 1996, which I also think she should have won, has the same kind of emotional depth and complexity as Mao's at the beginning of Madame Butterfly.  

Here is a translation of an article with Mao and Coach Sato regarding her freeskate performance. I have already cited some of these quotes, but there are a lot more now. Thanks to rosewood for the translation. #403

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-mao-cheer-thread-2-her-beauty-is-her-biggest-weapon.95911/page-14 #403

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-mao-cheer-thread-2-her-beauty-is-her-biggest-weapon.95911/page-14....95911/page-14

post 411

Here is my favorite quote from Mao in the interview:

I won Worlds' title three times. But that's not everything. I have my ideal skating and performance that I aim at in my thoughts. There will be goals endlessly. So I'll do my best looking up to greater heights.

I admit at first I thought Mao should change her jump layout. But now, I understand that Mao has a vision of a perfect performance and that goes beyond just winning. Without creating these ideals, I don't think she would be the inspirational artist and athlete that I admire so much. People criticized Mao for reworking her jumps after winning Worlds convincingly in 2010. But without starting on the long road to reworking her jumps and skating skills back in 2010 she would have never realized her dream of the Sochi LP and her Nocturne at Worlds and given what I think are the greatest performances I have ever seen. And now she looks to go one step further by achieving the 4 triple SP with the 3F / 3L, the 3A and the 3Lutz with a proper edge and to keep the same jumps as at Sochi and skate with a new level of maturity she has brought from her experiences outside the skating world. I look forward to watching her work towards her goal which she has already gone a long way to achieving. To my eyes and the Russian announcers who were watching in real time (without the microscope of slow mo replay) she has already done the 4 triple SP, and her subtle and compelling expression of sorrow and longing in Madame Butterfly is heart rending in its transcendent beauty.

Here is another quote I really like from Mao:

I don't think my 3Lz was a failureI don't take it negative but I think the fact that I did a lutz in competition had an important meaning.

Mao made a similar quote when she was having difficulties reworking her jumps in the 2010-2011 season though she is more positive now and has a higher performance level.

While it is mortifying to have people see my mistakes, I feel there is meaning in competing when I am in this condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQD0k4IgDA4 at 1:48

I think this comeback should be for Mao, not me or anyone else. She has already proven her greatness and been a wonderful inspiration. Mao and Coach Sato knew what was best back in 2010 and I trust they will do what is best again.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 3:23 am

WowMao wrote:

I am going to be honest. I don't care for Nicky and Chris. First, they said Mao was 2 time or double world champion 3 days in a row. Then as ballerinamao said, when Mao's freeskate began Chris said if she won here she would have won all Grand Prix events when she had already won all the Grand Prix events and the CHina Open in 2012. Two things from the past also made me not like Chris that much. I didn't like when Chris said Mao's winning the NHK trophy 2012 was a travesty of justice, which caused a lot of posters to bad mouth Mao. It just came out that way because Mao had over a 9 point lead over Akiko in the short. Nicky did say that Mao should win the China Open when she finished her freeskate. Then, Chris said Mao had a disappointing Olympics at Worlds 2014, and didn't even mention her Sochi LP performance or the deflated score. Well, if he is going to call her NHK victory a travesty of justice, then I think he should say she got too low a score at Sochi, especially since it is a much more important event. Otherwise, don't saying anything either way. But, he didn't even mention Mao's great performance.

Finally, Nicky made this comment after Mao's Madame Butterfly LP: Mao does have poise and it is beautifully skated but we have seen that from some of the other girls so the change in presentation the differential is not that great but I think when you come in and you've got such a reputation that can make a difference in the judge's minds. They have already got an extra one point on there.

To me, this seems to be an indirect way of saying Mao isn't really better than Anna, Elena or Rika in PCS scores, and that she is about to be "helped out" by reputation scoring. So, I don't want to watch these guys anymore. I think they don't show enough respect to Mao.

Well, each to their own. Wink As I've said, to me personally, they are the best out there. Yes they absolutely should get their facts straight, but they are one of the most fair comentators in the business. Even if it has sounded diferent to you on the day of Mao's LP, they (all 3 of them for that matter) have a huge respect for Mao. You can hear that in their voices. They are also very honest in their criticism and speak their mind.

Now, during the "Yuna era", I had to suffer through german eurosport (we didn't have british option that time), and I'll never forget how easily those two jumped on Yuna bandwagon praising her into oblivion, while trashing Mao. Oh, and their love for everything Caro. Seriously, she could slide on her butt through her entire program, and those two would've proclaimed it a masterpiece. Rolling Eyes On the other hand, Mao could've jumped quad-quad combo and she still wouldn't be good enough skater for them. It drove me insane. Thank God for eurosport with british comentators, that's all I'm going to say. Though, maybe in these past years, Sigi and Hendrik (don't know how to pronounce their names correctly Embarassed ) might have changed, though I have a hard time believing that.

I've had eurosport with british comentators since spring 2010, and all this time, while they did criticise, they also showed respect and admiration for the amazing athlete that Mao is.
In criticising Mao's win at 2012 NHK they weren't the only ones.It was viral. This is how the system works however. If you have enormous lead from the short, then even with a bad long program you will still find yourself winning, with fs fans being outraged. Fault the system, not the skater. (though I have been guilty of blaming the skater in Patrick's case, but that's a whole diferent story). If I'm not mistaken, even some posters here, thought Akiko should've won.

As for Sochi results; yes it was a huge disapointment for Mao. Remember, she went there to win and she placed 6th. Though I agree with you, they should've mentioned her amazing LP, but then, Lakernik did ur some of her jumps, so instead of making history, she only skated a 3rd placed LP.Frustrated

I'm not sure if the PCS comment was directed towards Rika, Elena and Co., but maybe towards Gracie, Ashley... Still, again I absolutely agree with you on this matter. They should've never put Mao in the same basket as Ash, Gracie and others, because she is head and shoulders above them. Unless they were speaking from the judges' point of view. Then they sadly got it right. Yep, Sadly

As I've said, everyone has a diferent preference. I love this three. They speak their mind regardless of who is the new judges pet. If they like the program/skater the will say so, if they don't, again they will say so. I'll never forget how they disagreed with Amano on downgrading her 3A, calling it perfect, even after replays. Razz I gues I like their constractive criticism.
Now, that Joanne person that sometimes guests on Eurosport...I don't know if she's besties with Scott (3-3 is harder than 3A-2T because it has more revolutions in the air) Hamilton, or if Mao ran over her cat or something. But when you listen to her comments on Mao, it almost feel like it's personal. She even made Nicky (or was it Simon scratch), defend Mao. By the end of the broadcast you can hear it started on Nicky's nerves. Laugh

Sorry for this long post. Embarassed
WowMao wrote:
I think this comeback should be for Mao, not me or anyone else. She has already proven her greatness and been a wonderful inspiration. Mao and Coach Sato knew what was best back in 2010 and I trust they will do what is best again.

THIS! Thumbs up!
Though it would be great, if the ISU would start apreciating her as well. Just saying...
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 8:46 am

Cool-down while eating?  Laugh
https://twitter.com/RomiMozu/status/665883087008468992

2015 Cup of China: Welcome back, Princess. Inside Skating gold medal goes to…
“In her comeback, Mao Asada received 71.73 points for her short program –
but, truthfully told, you can’t put a scores tag on her: the Japanese lady is in a class of her own.”
http://www.insideskating.net/2015/11/13/events/2015-cup-of-china-welcome-back-princess-inside-skating-gold-medal-goes-to

Many Hearts
Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Ct2owp10
@Aoyama85
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 9:00 pm

Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Tumblr_nxggniT0Nz1qfbp2ao1_400Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Tumblr_nxfye9vFRx1rqqvu8o1_r2_500Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Tumblr_nxggniT0Nz1qfbp2ao4_400Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Tumblr_nvogy2FCJB1rqqvu8o2_400Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 RCPzaVCup of China 2015 - Page 5 Tumblr_nxggniT0Nz1qfbp2ao6_400
Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 491080710-mao-asada-of-japan-performs-during-the-gettyimages
Back to top Go down
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
WowMao

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 1:48 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
WowMao wrote:

As for Sochi results; yes it was a huge disapointment for Mao. Remember, she went there to win and she placed 6th. Though I agree with you, they should've mentioned her amazing LP, but then, Lakernik did ur some of her jumps, so instead of making history, she only skated a 3rd placed LP.Frustrated

I.

Yes, we will have to agree to disagree on the eurosport commentators.    

Mao's placing 6th at Sochi was a travesty and her finishing 3rd in the LP was a travesty that bore  no resemblance to what happened in reality so I don't understand the use of mentioning these "arranged" placements. It is like the fictitious production figures announced throughout the book 1984. There was no way Mao could have won no matter what she had done, if certain skaters went relatively clean. The fact that Mao gave one of the greatest performances in Olympic history and was tweeted more than even Yuna Kim is not a disappointment. You can look on forums at a list of greatest performances ever and Mao's is at the very top. Her reputation soared more after this performance than any she had ever done. Yes, the SP was disappointing, but 2/3 of the competition was a realization of her ideal that led Mao to say this after her Sochi LP performance,

"I gave my best performance, in my view. I was able to repay the many people who were rooting for me."

at 7:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQD0k4IgDA4

Mao also said this at Worlds 2014, "I was able to do my best free program at the Olympic Games. And for Worlds I wanted to make sure I got the short and the free the best programs I could skate at this moment and I was able to do that, so I feel a sense of achievement." Sochi was the pivot that turned into 2 more great performances: 3 in a row and what I consider to be the greatest two programs back to back- Sochi Lp and Nocturne at Worlds- I have ever seen. So, to me Sochi ended in a great victory for Mao, especially since she couldn't have won no matter what she had done.      

at 1:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ3dJFVEPqk

I think there should be more focus on honoring a great performance in figure skating by giving the freeskate a gold as well as the overall. It is a great performance that people will come back and watch over and over again. But, the scores were so fixed against Mao that she couldn't even win this. For example in the 1980 Olympics, it is Denise Biellmann's performance that is remembered and that people want to see much more than the gold or silver medalist. Now in addition to what I think of a performance, the number of views and praise shown in comments on youtube seems to be a better guide than highly biased judges' with double standards . When very staunch fans of Russian skaters actually say that Mao should have broken the world record, you know she should have.

Here to me is the best comment I have read about Mao's ability to convert people with her Sochi performance. The language even begins with Amen! so how is that for a spiritual conversion.  

It does start off with a fairly negative view of Mao, but it is the conversion that is amazing.  

Alchamei  posted

0  Thumbs Up!
It was an amen that this performance happened for Mao. You know, I wasn't able to appreciate her skating. I compared her to Yuna. I didn't hate her, didn't leave any rude comments uder her videos, I simply didn't care.

At Sochi, I was so happy when Yuna led... And I hadn't watched any figure skating at that season till then, didn't know all the names and couldn't recognize all the jumps correctly. I simply enjoyed the skating. When Mao had her disastrous SP, I was surprised but again, I didn't care.

The next day, I read an article hat she was going to attempt eight triple jumps in her FS. That was unexpected, but then again I care more about the final group... Mao skated late in her group. I knew what she wanted to do. However, I didn't believe her and expected her to fall down the rankings.

And then she began. I liked the music since the beginning. She landed the 3A. The first and the hardest jump. But that wasn't all. She did the 3F-3Lo. Amazing. She seemed rather timid to me, that she didn't emote that much. But then she stopped after the camel spin and looked up to the sky... I'm imagining. Her face. Oh, that was so emotional and beautiful.

Maybe she didn't have the most difficult choreography for the next seconds... However, she began to land all of her jumps. I remember my feeling before the final 3Lo. She might do it, she might do it! Go! And she did. She did and then she did nice combination spin. And after that, the most epic step sequence ever! I couldn't breathe. She ended the program with a pretty spiral. And when the music stopped playing, she began to cry... I wasn't even close to crying at that time, but when I watched the video on Youtube, I cried many times.

The final 3Lo was the sign of victory. That she landed that eight triples and each of kind as the first and only. That she made a huge comeback. That she finally managed to pull of one of the greatest performances I'd ever witnessed. And persuade me she is one of the greatest.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?38067-Mao-Asada/page165&p=1288008#post1288008

I found this in Russian social network vk.com, but this guy (Vladimir) made only this one. He told me he's not actually a FS fan, but he likes Rachmaninov's music. ) So that's why he decided to record Mao's skating. But after watching, he was so impressed. He really think that this was the best performance in the night!. "So happy and proud for Adelina and Russia, but for me Mao Asada wasn't defeated" - t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ArTNtQl9UQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cup of China 2015   Cup of China 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cup of China 2015
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5