Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What sports do you do or have done?

Go down 
+20
FatiniAdlina
Yschntä
kaarolcia
NarumiAyane
bellarina
coolmeia
Star85
MaoMaoRevolution
chiyori
clovera
MikiAndoFan#1
chelseamarie
inskate
Mirai
sunshine
flika_sk8s
Admin
kawaiimao
Teresa Dawn
Muskoka Skater
24 posters
AuthorMessage
Muskoka Skater

Muskoka Skater

What sports do you do or have done? Empty
PostSubject: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 3:29 pm

I was wondering what sports everybody on this site has done or does? Mine are:

I used to do: Ballet and Jazz

I do: Skating, Soccer, Trampoline, and Swimming
Back to top Go down
http://www.muskokaskater.piczo.com
Teresa Dawn

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 7:02 pm

Well I do ice skating for my job, but it's not "Figure Skating" I just get paid to skate around the rink for a few hours haha, I love it and it's excellent pay Very Happy

I did do figure skating for about 5 years or so though, and then dance (hip hop and ballroom)
Back to top Go down
http://naivaze.com
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 1:01 am

scratch
Not sure I remember all the sports I've done...

First it was skating for about five years (and everything it included i.e. ballet etc.)

Then various kinds of dancing

Taekwondo

Basketball

Horse riding and voltige

...and I'm sure there were more...

Now I do nothing except hiking from time to time geek
Back to top Go down
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 2:35 am

I've done plenty of sports while in primary and secondary school - long distance run was my favourite discipline (because we usualy ran through the nearby filelds and forests, very beautiful scenery!). I also liked volleyball.

Outside of school curriculum I was a part of a folklore dance group and we even travelled to some other countries to give shows. It was fun, but I injured my ankle and arm in a car accident and was forced to stop.

I skated a bit as a kid, but now I live in a place where there's no rink (well, there is a tiny little one, but it's operational only a few months in the year, and VERY expensive; not to mention used mostly by little kids). I would like to try skating again after I graduate and move to some other place. Who, me?
Back to top Go down
https://maoasada.forumotion.net
flika_sk8s

flika_sk8s

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 2:56 am

i used to do gymnastics but i got really bored in the class i had so i quit and switched to skating

now i do skating, dance, fencing and cycling. o and pilates and yoga (which arnt really sports but whatever) as well as phys ed in school.
Back to top Go down
sunshine
Double Axel
Double Axel
sunshine

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:15 pm

I like dancing.

I really love dancing classical ballet and still take lessons two or three times a week. I am not that good and don't know if I am improving at all, but I just love the comforting classical music and the sense of joy and happiness that comes out of dancing. I like calm music and slow movements. I especially like it when we dance to Chopin's Nocturne that Mao skated last year Very Happy

I also love dancing salsa. I am less serious with salsa than with ballet but it's just so much fun!

I also used to figure skate. I wasn't that good but I really loved it. I don't do it any longer because it takes too much time and commitment. But I still LOVE watching it.
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 3:07 am

I currently do fencing as a school extra curricular activity. (: My coach keeps saying I'm not agressive enough for this sport. Haha.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:06 pm

Mirai wrote:
I currently do fencing as a school extra curricular activity. (: My coach keeps saying I'm not agressive enough for this sport. Haha.

Laughing

I always wanted to seriously practice figure skating, but the rink is opened here in my city only in winter... And it's very expensive Bawling , so I skate very rarely. I also like modern dancing and swimming. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
chelseamarie

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:57 pm

in high school i participated in basketball (9th and 10th grade), cross country (12th grade), and track and field (12th grade).
i've stopped running for a while to get healthy again, but i plan to start again soon. oh and i take ice skating classes at a local ice rink. Smile
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:27 am

I practiced karate about 6 years ago during one year when I used to live in the USA.

Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:12 am

Add another one to the Karate list. I managed to work my way up to 3-kyu (purple belt) in two years or so but stopped right around 7th grade. Sweatdrop I also loved field hockey when I was younger.

While I try to get swimming into my lifestyle, the only sport I find ample time for these days is mogul skiing during the winter; Lake Tahoe's Sugar Bowl has been an oasis for me the last few years. cat
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:08 pm

Oh! I forgot! As soon as I came back to Portugal, my aunt registered me in swimming. I loved it! I did it for about 3 months.
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:24 pm

Aah let's see... I played tennis most of my life, figure skated quite a few years, got addicted to snowboarding (still is... weee! snow is finally here!!) and played hockey... that's about it I think.

santa
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 2:58 am

My first sport was gymnastics, and then I eventually switched to basketball for a few years. Later I took up figure skating and I want to get into ice dancing if possible soon Smile

I've always wanted to try skiing or snowboarding!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 11:19 pm

Teresa Dawn wrote:
Well I do ice skating for my job, but it's not "Figure Skating" I just get paid to skate around the rink for a few hours haha, I love it and it's excellent pay Very Happy

I did do figure skating for about 5 years or so though, and then dance (hip hop and ballroom)

What's your job?! Are you one of those people who hangs out in the middle of the rink while theres a skating session to make sure everyone follows the rules? That's the only job I can think of that wuold fit what you described scratch

The only sports I've done were gymnastics for one or two years, and dance (if that counts as a sport) for five years. I really suck at "normal" sports!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:32 pm

The sport that I have done was batminton! I'm unbeatable at my school!
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:11 pm

I danced for a while (ballet, jazz, tap, and pointe), and I absolutely LOVED tap. I was sad when I had to quit (I had no time whatsoever with school and music). I was a cheerleader in high school, and everyone is always SHOCKED when they hear that because I'm really shy and quiet, lol. To be fair, the cheerleaders in my school were far from the typical cheerleader, so I fit right in with them. Very Happy

Star85, totally with you about not being good at "normal" sports! I can't even bowl well- I keep dropping the ball because it's too heavy. Laugh And I was always picked last in gym class for teams Laugh

When I have the time/energy/motivation, I want to learn how to figure skate. It's the sport I love watching more than anything, and it'd be so cool to learn at least how to do SOME of it. I think it'll also make me appreciate how hard it is as well.
Back to top Go down
NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:11 am

Gymnastics (artistic and Acrobatic)
Diving
Swimming
Dance (Ballet*#,Modern*#,Jazz,Tap)
Volleyball#
Cheerleading#
Figure Skating*#

#= at school
*=still continuing
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:54 pm

Why have I only just noticed this thread? Sport <33

I have been playing tennis Love Hearts since I was 12 so now it makes over 10 years. I am a huge tennis addict. Both playing and watching Mushy Love

I also do skiing, ice skating (but no figure skating Laugh I can only do some simple figures like a 3turn, some basic steps and that is all), volleyball and fitness training.
I did dance, swimming and a little bit of horse riding when I was younger.
Back to top Go down
Yschntä

Yschntä

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:52 am

The sports I do are figure skating, tennis, snowboard and golf.
When I was younger I also did kung-fu, soccer and ski.
Unfortunately, I don't know if I can continue with figure skating because I have a problem with my back Depressed Crying It just hurts too much when I'm jumping...
Back to top Go down
FatiniAdlina

FatiniAdlina

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:48 pm

i'm not really an active person so i dont participate in much sports as you guys....i learned swimming for 3 years and still swimming just no longer taking classes...i do gymnastics (self-taught)...i also play a bit badminton (also self-taught)................almost everything i do is self-taught..for example, playing the piano (my biggest success is beethoven fur elise)
Back to top Go down
Alina

Alina

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Now I practice figure skating and rhythmic gym (I have to do ballet also, but I don't like it... No)
Some years ago I try to do synchronized swim...
In summer I like to play tennis Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel
Luckyone

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:31 pm

I always wanted to do figure skating, but theres no rink on my city Sad... the nearest one is about 2 hours away Sad Sad, but i have gone skating there twice Smile and learned how to move a little around Smile
I did when I was little tae kwan do, and practice it 4 years, then the school closed... and since then... well.. im not an active person Sad
But (I know its not a sport, but im getting my show off mode lol), I have played the piano for 10 years and im right now the finalist in every concert of my teacher Smile
Back to top Go down
Tao

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:11 am

When I was in high school I was on the swimming team. I wasn't very good, I never really won any meets but I had a lot of fun. As an adult, I enjoy playing basketball, and golfing.I am pretty decent at basketball, but I'm such a horrible golfer it embarrassing. Regardless of how bad I am, I still love it.
Shoemall.com
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:33 am

i practice Kendo, is fantastic, really amazing, but is a little expensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you do or have done?   What sports do you do or have done? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What sports do you do or have done?
Page 1 of 1