Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yukina Ota Announces Retirement

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Yukina Ota Announces Retirement Empty
PostSubject: Yukina Ota Announces Retirement   Yukina Ota Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 11:49 am

http://iceblue.cocolog-nifty.com/figure/ Sad

The article is in Japanese. Yukina will be retiring, and she would continue with her college studies at Doshisha University, and hopes to still skate in shows when she has the opportunity.

It looks like she was struggling to maintain competitive even after her brief comeback, and that she planned to retire after this season. She wanted to take care of her body and leave the competitive scene with no regrets, though, so she chose to announce her retirement on the 26th instead.

I've loved Yukina ever since her Picasso Dance SP, and it's a pity and a loss that she was never able to really get back into her top form ever since that nagging injury. That said, she has retired on her terms, and I hope she has a good future ahead of her as a show skater and in her other pursuits as well.

Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Yukina Ota Announces Retirement   Yukina Ota Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 1:10 pm

She will be missed in the figure skating world. I loved many of Yukina's programs; Poeta, Picasso's Dance, Twilight Waltz and Swan Lake. Even without jumps, she was a treat to watch. Smile

I hope she'll succeeds in any field she chooses to pursue! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Yukina Ota Announces Retirement   Yukina Ota Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:27 am

It's sad to hear that her competetive career is over. I hate injuries! Depressed Crying

I hope Yukina'll get invited to Prince Ice World or Stars on Ice in Japan... It would be good to see her skate again.

Good luck in your future life, Yukina! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Maxgato

Maxgato

PostSubject: Re: Yukina Ota Announces Retirement   Yukina Ota Announces Retirement Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:50 pm

mixed emotions...
Bawling Depressed Crying Bawling
Love Good luck! Many Hearts Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yukina Ota Announces Retirement   Yukina Ota Announces Retirement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yukina Ota Announces Retirement
Page 1 of 1