Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"MAO ROLL"

Go down 
+3
bleedingblades3
Batsuchan
Nanae
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nanae

"MAO ROLL" Empty
PostSubject: "MAO ROLL"   "MAO ROLL" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:41 am

"MAO ROLL" 1234515214_b
"MAO ROLL" 1234514381_photo
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

"MAO ROLL" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "MAO ROLL"   "MAO ROLL" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:45 am

Thanks for the link Nanae! That's so cute! And yummy looking! Hell, no!
And it's so cool that Mao designed it!

This is actually from a different restaurant than the one making the Mao Dynamite roll that I posted about in the news thread. So there are at least two restaurants with Mao-related dishes in Vancouver. Yaay!! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bleedingblades3

bleedingblades3

"MAO ROLL" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "MAO ROLL"   "MAO ROLL" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:00 am

That's so cute! I really want to eat a Mao-Roll now Laughing
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

"MAO ROLL" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "MAO ROLL"   "MAO ROLL" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:33 am

Wow, it's amazing! Surprised I really want to taste it! lol!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

"MAO ROLL" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "MAO ROLL"   "MAO ROLL" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:16 pm

Oops, so I was wrong! Embarassed Ignore what I said earlier - this *is* the same restaurant that had the "Mao dynamite" roll.

Here's an article I found:

http://vancouver.keizai.biz/headline/480/

The authentic Mao-chan "Mao roll" debuts on Valentine's day

At the Japanese restaurant Kamei Royal [details omitted] that came up with the "Mao Dynamite" sushi roll in January, a heart-shaped "Mao roll" made of ingredients Mao Asada picked will make its debut on February 14th.

"Mao Dynamite" was something that Chef David Shibata came up with before the Four Continents Championship, as a 3-D representation of Mao's triple axel, a gorgeous sushi roll. "We didn't let Mao know that there was a 'Mao Dynamite' roll, so when she suddenly came to the restaurant on the day she arrived in Vancouver, I was surprised and thought 'What should I do?'" recalls the manager, Hitomi.

Mao had heard about the "Mao sushi" from newspaper people, so she came. "Mao Dynamite" has many things that Mao doesn't really like or can't eat, so Mao chose the ingredients she liked, and the restaurant made a genuine "Mao roll." While the skaters were competing, in the kitchen the chef and the young female part-time employees struggled to complete a "Mao roll" that matched Mao Asada's cute image, and after trial and error, on the final day of the competition, the "Mao roll" was born.

The "Mao roll" (13.95 Canadian dollars) has egg, shrimp, asparagus, Shiitake, eel, roe, and Atlantic salmon rolled into two types of sushi that are made into a heart shape. The plate that the roll is presented on was also chosen by Mao. During the competition, the skaters from the Japan team came to the restaurant many times. "Everyone was very friendly/good humored. After seeing her personality and becoming a fan, the chef also wants to make a "Suguri-san roll," said Hitomi.

[Ebisu restaurant details omitted.]

Aww, the heart rolls and little heart garnishes are so cute! Love Hearts I want to taste it too.
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

"MAO ROLL" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "MAO ROLL"   "MAO ROLL" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:32 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
The "Mao roll" (13.95 Canadian dollars) has egg, shrimp, asparagus, Shiitake, eel, roe, and Atlantic salmon rolled into two types of sushi that are made into a heart shape. The plate that the roll is presented on was also chosen by Mao. During the competition, the skaters from the Japan team came to the restaurant many times. "Everyone was very friendly/good humored. After seeing her personality and becoming a fan, the chef also wants to make a "Suguri-san roll," said Hitomi.
Shiitake, ebi (shrimp), unagi (eel), salmon, and roe... Mmm. Razz

It might be interesting to see a Suguri-san roll come to reality too! It's always pleasing to see cuisine being displayed in a visually creative manner, and even better when it tastes fantastic. Swoon
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

"MAO ROLL" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "MAO ROLL"   "MAO ROLL" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:17 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

The authentic Mao-chan "Mao roll" debuts on Valentine's day

At the Japanese restaurant Kamei Royal [details omitted] that came up with the "Mao Dynamite" sushi roll in January, a heart-shaped "Mao roll" made of ingredients Mao Asada picked will make its debut on February 14th.

Getting a Mao Roll on Valentine's sure beats getting chocolates! Laughing
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

"MAO ROLL" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "MAO ROLL"   "MAO ROLL" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:52 pm

Mirai wrote:

Getting a Mao Roll on Valentine's sure beats getting chocolates! Laughing

I double that statement. I could get a whole box of Mao rolls and they would be faster gone than a box of Lindt truffles.

Maochan is the definition of cute in the food world as well~ She has quite an eye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"MAO ROLL" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "MAO ROLL"   "MAO ROLL" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"MAO ROLL"
Page 1 of 1