Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I refuse to believe this D<

Go down 
+5
chineseteacup
Maya
summervie
Batsuchan
Mirai
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

I refuse to believe this D< Empty
PostSubject: I refuse to believe this D<   I refuse to believe this D< Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 3:08 am

A friend of mine is a huge skating fan, having skated competitively himself. He's a fan of Mao too, but I couldn't believe it when he suggested that Mao might be following in Kimmie's footsteps. Why? Because Kimmie, like Mao, won the Worlds title, but the following year, she, like Mao, finished 4th and off the podium. He said, "I wonder if Mao peaked too early..."

I for one refuse to believe so. Mao's been gradually improving and I feel her potential's practically limitless! queen Despite the things my friend pointed out, Mao WILL NOT end up in Kimmie's footsteps. I have firm blief in this.

What say you? (:
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: I refuse to believe this D<   I refuse to believe this D< Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 5:30 am

I absolutely 120% do not believe this. Evil or Very Mad

I'm sorry, but I was never a Kimmie Meissner fan, and I always thought she was way overrated by the US media, and that her winning 2006 Worlds was pure luck. Even I, who had never skated before, could see that she muscled her jumps (used upper body strength, not her legs, to launch them), and when she developed a womanly body, unsurprisingly, she couldn't do this anymore.

I also not found her to be very graceful. A very sweet girl, sure, but a genius and beautiful skater like Mao? NO WAY!!

Go Mao! Cheering Cheering

Let's not forget, ahem, that the other Japanese lady skater who was coached by TAT - Shizuka Arakawa - won 2004 Worlds, placed *9th* at 2005 Worlds, and then won the Olympics!! I totally believe that's what we'll see next year! Yep!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: I refuse to believe this D<   I refuse to believe this D< Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:30 am

Mirai wrote:
A friend of mine is a huge skating fan, having skated competitively himself. He's a fan of Mao too, but I couldn't believe it when he suggested that Mao might be following in Kimmie's footsteps. Why? Because Kimmie, like Mao, won the Worlds title, but the following year, she, like Mao, finished 4th and off the podium. He said, "I wonder if Mao peaked too early..."
That's a damn firm piece of logic! Rolling Eyes And one friend of mine, who's never watched figure skating (as well as never worn any skates), told me today that Mao will follow in steps of Mao. Why? She hasn't given me any reasons, but I think that she was right, and this thread should be mersifully closed by moderators. -_-
Back to top Go down
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel
Maya

PostSubject: Re: I refuse to believe this D<   I refuse to believe this D< Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:38 am

totally agree with Batsuchan.

There's a huge difference between Kimmie and Mao.
Kimmie already had the time and skate of her life - and that was in Calgary 2006. I believe she'll never be that good again.
Back then she wasn't perfect either, not the best skating abilities and the jumps were just about ok.
Still she had a good night and managed to nail her 3-3s, which is a huge accomplishment and she did deserve her title Very Happy

Also I do respect her for not giving up. Like Tara or Sarah Hughes she also could have left the skating world, after winning such an important title, but she stayed and kept trying.
She's a fighter, not by any means my favorite, but someone who doesn't give up!

But unlike Kimmie, Mao didn't lose her jumping ability. Yes, her 3f-3l this season is a huge problem she needs to solve and the Lutz needs to get consistent, but Mao still has her beautiful axels and flips, loops and salchows.
She also grew a bit this season(like Kimmie did earlier) and hence has problems with her 3-3, but I think she can solve that problem.
Also she has won the GPF this season, the NHK trophy and medaled at TEB and 4CC. Is that failure? Is this the beginning of an end?
I don't think so. She missed the podium at worlds by a few points(2-3 I guess?) which is quite close.
Like every skater Mao needs a bad time to revocer and come back stronger.
There are surely paralles to draw between her and Kimmie, still a huge discrepancy remains. For Mao is different and still the world elite. I don't say Kimmie won't ever be as strong as in 2006, although I guess it's highly unlikely. Mao had a coaching change this season to cope with, problems with her jumps to solve and a totally new program and style to get used to. Still she managed to be that good.
So I'd never dare to say she's at an end. It might just be the hard beginning of a great new skating season.
Back to top Go down
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mirai

PostSubject: Re: I refuse to believe this D<   I refuse to believe this D< Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:00 am

Batsuchan wrote:

Let's not forget, ahem, that the other Japanese lady skater who was coached by TAT - Shizuka Arakawa - won 2004 Worlds, placed *9th* at 2005 Worlds, and then won the Olympics!! I totally believe that's what we'll see next year! Yep!

Damn straight, Batsuchan! cheers I'm gonna rub this piece of information in my friend's face if he dares bring up the whole "similarity between Kimmie and Mao" thing. >D

@summervie: I'm...sorry if this thread was infuriating in any way. pale
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: I refuse to believe this D<   I refuse to believe this D< Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:38 am

Mirai wrote:

@summervie: I'm...sorry if this thread was infuriating in any way. pale
Oh, no, it wasn't. Smile Rather excuse me.
I just found this logic... well, there really were no reasons for making such a conclusion.
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: I refuse to believe this D<   I refuse to believe this D< Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 5:22 pm

Kimmie who? scratch I try not to speak ill of other skaters but there are some that should not have won Worlds! I watch Rachael Flatt and I think - what on EARTH is the U.S. figure skating association doing sending her to international competitions when you have brilliant skaters like Mirai Nagasu on the reserve list?!

To me, Kimmie and Rachael both lack originality and artistry in their skating. To put in frankly, they're BORING to watch. I've written this somewhere on youtube before, but watching Rachael Flatt skate is like watching a figure skating instructional video. "Here's how you do a triple salchow...here's how you do a layback spin...here's how you do an arabesque spiral." No innovation at all. Even Alissa Czisny, with her inconsistent jumps, is better to watch!
Back to top Go down
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kawaiimao

PostSubject: Re: I refuse to believe this D<   I refuse to believe this D< Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:36 am

Speaking about Kimmie, I've never been a fan but I absolutely loved her skate at Worlds!
I never liked her style much, never thought she had charisma or the "it" factor and I might have rather seen other skaters get the World title instead of her but the way she won was amazing! cheers

I'd so love to see Mao have the skate of her life when it really matters and leave the ice with a feeling of surpassing her own expectations.
AND being REWARDED for that!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: I refuse to believe this D<   I refuse to believe this D< Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:22 am

I feel sorry for Kimmie whether I like the style of her skating or not, its always really weird when the world champion suddnley falls next year.
I guess its gonna be really tough season for anyone if she is previous world champion. Miki had pretty rough season last year too but look at how she brought herself back this year. Im not that worried about Mao too, I know she is strong! Cool
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: I refuse to believe this D<   I refuse to believe this D< Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:25 am

Differene one Laughing Mao has won a silver medal at her first Worlds,then gold. Kimmie has only one world medal. Difference two Laughing Mao won her first Grand-Prix final, Kimmie? No, Mao has a lot of titles,Kimmie has only a few.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: I refuse to believe this D<   I refuse to believe this D< Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:49 am

kawaiimao wrote:
Speaking about Kimmie, I've never been a fan but I absolutely loved her skate at Worlds!
I never liked her style much, never thought she had charisma or the "it" factor and I might have rather seen other skaters get the World title instead of her but the way she won was amazing! cheers

I'd so love to see Mao have the skate of her life when it really matters and leave the ice with a feeling of surpassing her own expectations.
AND being REWARDED for that!!!!!!!

That is true, it's always nice to see skaters skate their very best. flower

But the whole time I was like, "Grrr, if only Mao could go to Worlds!!" Sweatdrop

Yes, I too would love to see Mao have the skate of her life and leave the ice ecstatic!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: I refuse to believe this D<   I refuse to believe this D< Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:33 pm

I think Mao has had time this year to experiment with a different style of skating and practice...and this coming year she will find the perfect balance of progressing in figure skating and just being Mao.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I refuse to believe this D<   I refuse to believe this D< Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I refuse to believe this D<
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Mao Chat-
Jump to: