Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fan project for Mao - suggestions

Go down 
+7
clovera
MaoMaoRevolution
bibi
inskate
SoMiTripleAxel
Batsuchan
polosatik
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Fan project for Mao - suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 9:19 am

Gorgeous look Mao Chan! Shocked Love her expression!
Off-topic... I'm just wonder, are we going to give Mao a present from all of us? A fanart book with our creations or something like that. We did such thing at Domnina and Shabalin forum, Oksana and Maksim were very happy! cheers
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 8:50 pm

More clips!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Kf7RGh5gA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQtruHzoHdY

At the end of the last one, Coach Yamada says something like "Try your best to be #1," and Mao says "I'll try." Many Hearts

I guess Mao-chan cut her hair!! She looks so cute/pretty! Wub

So this rink is pretty amazing. According to this article and others, there are 90+ holes all around the rink, and the plan is to put high resolution cameras in them, so Mao can see her skating from all angles. More importantly, the images can be transmitted abroad, like to TAT, so Mao can have "satellite lessons" with her. (Or Miki can communicate with Morozov.)

That's just amazing! WOW! And the rink has no boards so Mao can see herself fully in the mirrors, and there are markings for compulsories on the ice - I think this really will be the world's best rink!

But the problem is that under the budget, Chuukyou Univ. can't afford the cameras right now, but they hope to have the rink completely functional so Mao can train for the Olympics.

I think it's time for Olympus to donate some cameras to Mao's school - or at least give them a BIG discount. They could use the images of Mao training for a new commercial - I think it would be good for everyone! flower

I think if Mao can get really comfortable doing her jumps on this small rink (40 meters x 20 meters), then she should have no problems on the NHL-sized rink at Worlds. Go Mao!! Good luck!

polosatik wrote:

Off-topic... I'm just wonder, are we going to give Mao a present from all of us? A fanart book with our creations or something like that. We did such thing at Domnina and Shabalin forum, Oksana and Maksim were very happy! cheers

I think this is a great idea! Unfortunately I'm not very artistic, but I'd be happy to translate some messages to Mao! Very Happy
Watching 4CC and seeing all the loud Yu-Na fans made me Very Mad I really want Mao to know that she has some die-hard fans all over the world!! Thumbs up!

ETA another link:
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/k10014172191000.html#

Click on the picture to get the video, and you can pick your preferred format.
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
SoMiTripleAxel
Double Axel
Double Axel
SoMiTripleAxel

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 5:34 am

Batsuchan wrote:

polosatik wrote:

I think this is a great idea! Unfortunately I'm not very artistic, but I'd be happy to translate some messages to Mao! Very Happy
Watching 4CC and seeing all the loud Yu-Na fans made me Very Mad I really want Mao to know that she has some die-hard fans all over the world!! Thumbs up!
Sounds fun! We did something like that on the Daisuke forum.
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:08 am

A fanart book for Mao would be a fantastic idea! I can't draw very well, but I could do some photomanipulations. flower

But how would we put it together and give it to Mao? Maybe those who already did something like this could give some tips Daisies for you And I would love to see the fanbooks for D/S and Daisuke (if there are any photos)! Yep!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:57 am

I can't draw either, but I think it's a wonderful Idea! Maybe I could put some page of my website ?!
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:18 am

I think we can include not only drswings but such fanarts like Okami does, blends,wallpapers,whatever we want Razz Pics of D/S book,I'll post a little bit later, there're somewhere on D/S forum. Of course the problem would be how to make the book, but I'll try to ask russian D/S fans, I suppose they know. And the members who are going to WC will give Mao this book sunny
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:19 am

bibi wrote:
I can't draw either, but I think it's a wonderful Idea! Maybe I could put some page of my website ?!
Yeah! flower I think it would be great!
Book for D/S http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=figureskating&no=490735&page=1&search_pos=-483137&k_type=0110&keyword=%EB%8F%94%EB%8B%88%EB%82%98
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:28 pm

polosatik wrote:

I'm just wonder, are we going to give Mao a present from all of us? A fanart book with our creations or something like that. We did such thing at Domnina and Shabalin forum, Oksana and Maksim were very happy! cheers

I am pretty new to the forum and I don't have many friends here yet...
But I would really love to make Mao something special to give to her!!! I draw lots of fanart of Mao so I think I may be able to include it if someone is putting one together...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:18 am

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
I am pretty new to the forum and I don't have many friends here yet...
But I would really love to make Mao something special to give to her!!! I draw lots of fanart of Mao so I think I may be able to include it if someone is putting one together...Very Happy
It's definitely possible! A lot of the members here have made fantastic blends and art, and since there's a few folks going to Worlds this year (which unfortunately doesn't include me) Sweatdrop it's certainly not out of the blue to have someone gather high quality prints and assemble a scrap book...and we can throw in a DVD of Mao's montages and such. Yep!

It'll definitely take some planning - and more importantly, TIME! - to do though. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:20 pm

I think it would be good if everyone (planning to participate) uploaded their pictures online and got a person going to worlds to print them in a little booklet. Nothing really fancy, just computer paper because I don't want to put too much pressure or cost onto the person going to Worlds (since it is already expensive enough xD). Maybe just put it in a plastic bag (with a ribbon?) so it doesn't get soggy on the ice.
I am so excited! Even if Mao just looked at our pictures very briefly ~
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:10 pm

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
I think it would be good if everyone (planning to participate) uploaded their pictures online and got a person going to worlds to print them in a little booklet. Nothing really fancy, just computer paper because I don't want to put too much pressure or cost onto the person going to Worlds (since it is already expensive enough xD). Maybe just put it in a plastic bag (with a ribbon?) so it doesn't get soggy on the ice.
I am so excited! Even if Mao just looked at our pictures very briefly ~

I will post some of the pictures from my website and the 2 articles on japanese newspaper:
https://2img.net/h/oi40.tinypic.com/sb3kp4.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi42.tinypic.com/2dhijnt.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi39.tinypic.com/2qbrkn5.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi44.tinypic.com/be8u8o.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi40.tinypic.com/2cf5hjr.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi41.tinypic.com/29fe83p.jpg
https://2img.net/h/oi41.tinypic.com/2njx1r6.jpg

We could also all right a little note of encouragement for her? What do you guys think?

But maybe we are too late...
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 10:49 am

Hmm...well the ladies don't compete until Friday so I don't think it's too late. But it may be harder finding someone to print everything and actually get it together. We should definitely write a note too, that's a good idea! Maybe someone could translate it into Japanese, too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 2:32 am

Hi admins - can we split the Mao gift part into a separate thread please?

I unfortunately think it's too late to do anything for Worlds - but is anyone in Japan going to either Nat'ls or GPF (fingers crossed that Mao will be there!) Or maybe NHK Trophy? Or an ice show? We could maybe do it then!

I'm more than happy to translate a message. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:33 am

Batsuchan wrote:

I unfortunately think it's too late to do anything for Worlds - but is anyone in Japan going to either Nat'ls or GPF (fingers crossed that Mao will be there!) Or maybe NHK Trophy? Or an ice show? We could maybe do it then!

I'm more than happy to translate a message. Very Happy
If Mao goes to Skate America, then, I can give it to her there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:17 am

Ahhh~ That would be great if we all worked together on something for Mao, especially after this Worlds. I'm sure Mao is staying strong, but just a little extra boost to say that we still thought she had the most beautiful skate of the night Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:21 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

I'm sorry, I just noticed this thread today! Embarassed

I think it's a great idea! I'm very busy now, but I'll have some free time during the summer holidays. A book with pictures and wishes + DVD with montages sounds great! queen
Maybe someone could deliver our gift to Mao during one of the summer shows..? Smile
Back to top Go down
https://maoasada.forumotion.net
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:38 pm

Thanks z4mboni! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:53 pm

I am really excited about this!
Getting to give Mao something is wonderful! And I definitely don't have the money to go to shows or competitions and they are usually held far away from me, so I never thought Mao would get anything from me, but if we made this possible--that would just be great!
I am just worried that it would be a burden for one person to have to organize everything, but hopefully someone will be willing!
I have some drawings of Mao that I still have to put on the computer...hopefully they are good respresentations!
XD Like a Star @ heaven
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 12:20 am

University is bogging me down in terms of free time (and a lot of us on the forums are either in school or work) so I can't imagine a good time to work on this...until summer break begins. Sweatdrop

With that said, I think the DVD montage + photo/message book is the strongest candidate for the project. Unfortunately I'm going to be of very little help in the montages department or in providing actual pictures since I've always been better at handicrafts like paper art and not in actual drawings...

One way we can do the photo/message book is for everyone to gather their artwork, messages, and other creative outlets - like a poem. I can obviously help with translating all of them into Japanese (with the right kanji and all!). Swoon Designing the layout of the book and then having Kinko's print it out seems to be the most practical method right now - does anyone have experience with Adobe Publisher or a similar program, by any chance? cat
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 5:40 am

I thought that maybe we could put in a few words of encouragement (a letter?) from each of us and a little introduction of who we are and where we come from (so Mao can see how she has fans at every corner of the world) before we present our art pieces/other contribution.

Initially, I was thinking of making a cross-stitched embroidery of Aero, Komachi and Tiara but couldn't think of any way to get it to Mao or have it done in time for the collation. I think I'll still make it, and if it gets done in time, I'll take a few photos of it and have that as my "art piece".
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:52 am

Quote :
With that said, I think the DVD montage + photo/message book is the strongest candidate for the project.

It's a good idea, but we have to be careful about the DVDs because I think it isn't the same in North America, Europe and Asia. I mean, we cannot play it all over the world. So, for exemple, if I do the DVD, maybe Mao will not be able to watch it in Japan.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 8:27 am

bibi wrote:
Quote :
With that said, I think the DVD montage + photo/message book is the strongest candidate for the project.

It's a good idea, but we have to be careful about the DVDs because I think it isn't the same in North America, Europe and Asia. I mean, we cannot play it all over the world. So, for exemple, if I do the DVD, maybe Mao will not be able to watch it in Japan.
I think you're right bibi! Yep! So may be members from Japan can make a DVD? I have a couple of montages( a new one which I haven't posted) blends and drawing Too sweet! If Mao will come to Cup of Russia may be I'll have a chance to give her all that,but not for sure. Who will be the main person? Sweatdrop I mean the person who will print the book , make a DVd...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 12:48 pm

bibi wrote:

I don't think we have to worry about that. It could be a problem if it was a typical "movie" DVD created for playing in DVD players, but a data DVD should work perfectly on any laptop/PC/Mac. cheers

Quote :
University is bogging me down in terms of free time (and a lot of us on the forums are either in school or work) so I can't imagine a good time to work on this...until summer break begins. Sweatdrop

Same here! I couldn't even follow Worlds live... (What crazy person sheduled the event to start in the middle of the week? Laugh ) I'm working on a few montages, but it'll be summer break before I finish them. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://maoasada.forumotion.net
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 12:59 pm

clovera wrote:
Designing the layout of the book and then having Kinko's print it out seems to be the most practical method right now - does anyone have experience with Adobe Publisher or a similar program, by any chance? cat

Actually, I do (I'm more familiar with Corel, though). I'm studying computer graphics/computer aided design and DTP is one of our subjects. study Designing the layout of the book shouldn't be a problem! Smile

polosatik wrote:
Who will be the main person? Sweatdrop I mean the person who will print the book , make a DVd...

That will be me, I guess! Sweatdrop But I agree with clovera, it'll have to wait until summer break. Embarassed I have a lot of pictures/montages that I want to finish. I'll be working on them in my free time, but I won't really have that much free time until mid/late June. Studying English Literature and Computer Graphics at the same time is rather exhausting. Unconscious
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:13 pm

Okami wrote:

That will be me, I guess! Sweatdrop But I agree with clovera, it'll have to wait until summer break. Embarassed I have a lot of pictures/montages that I want to finish. I'll be working on them in my free time, but I won't really have that much free time until mid/late June. Studying English Literature and Computer Graphics at the same time is rather exhausting. Unconscious

I think it is better to wait anyway, because then we can all put more thought into what we want to send to Mao instead of just trying to throw something together really fast. Studying English Literature and Computer Graphics does seem like a challenge because they seem like such different topics...but I can't really be the one to judge that Shocked
Is Mao going to be doing many shows this summer? I know she'll be at The Ice, but will she be at Dreams on Ice?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan project for Mao - suggestions   Fan project for Mao - suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fan project for Mao - suggestions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next