Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yuna Kim's New Gala

Go down 
+2
Maya
MaoMaoRevolution
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

Yuna Kim's New Gala Empty
PostSubject: Yuna Kim's New Gala   Yuna Kim's New Gala Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:29 pm

I think many people may have seen it already, but here is Yuna Kim's new gala to a "Don't Stop the Music" remix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKE8Iprai-o
After watching this...wow Shocked
This is really really different than Yuna's other exhibitions! I don't think it's bad or anything just very--I can't find the word--..."provocative"?
I really don't think this is what she is going to use for any GP exhibitions next year, she will probably choose something more ballad-y. As usual though, the choreography is nice and she stays perfectly in sync with the music.
Hmm...I was wondering what everyone thinks about this ex?

PS. I am having Joannie Rochette flashbacks with the costume Yep! And I have never seen her hair in a ponytail like that~
Back to top Go down
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel
Maya

PostSubject: Re: Yuna Kim's New Gala   Yuna Kim's New Gala Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:15 pm

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
different than Yuna's other exhibitions! I don't think it's bad or anything just very--I can't find the word--..."provocative"?
I really don't think this is what she is going to use for any GP exhibitions next year, she will probably choose something more ballad-y. As usual though, the choreography is nice and she stays perfectly in sync with the music.
Hmm...I was wondering what everyone thinks about this ex?

Well I think this was one awesome number! I really loved it that Yu-Na went for some exciting and fast song again(loved her 'I'm just a girl'ex!). This is so much more thrilling than those bleak ballads.
I think her ex to 'gold' is also a fine piece, but I still always get slightly bored watching such. The music is so monotonous and the movements are usually the same.
So, that's why I think it was about time she went for something refreshing again! I was also like WOW! when I saw 'please don't stop the music' for the first time, because her movements are quite daring and unusual.
But yay! She was sexy and this was exciting! Yu-Na really is an extroverted skater now who is totally capable to sell a number..
I can't blame the Korean audience for totally freaking out during that skate.

I also watched the whole show on youtube, I must say it was very nicely organized and had some great moments. Quality, elite skaters with new refreshing beautiful numbers. It was a joy to watch! There were also some nice insertions, such as the Boys Vs Skaters or the Mamma Mia skate! Very well done there.
Johnny Weir was just wow with his exquisite Pokerfaceskate and Stephane Lambiel is always fun to watch.
And I was surprised how well Shizukas still doing! She's even better than in 2006, and I mean it! Her spirals improved and so did her spins and she's a lovely skater anyway. Wow!

What I didn't like about this show was the audience(well not always, but most of the time yes.). I'd also love to watch such a great show and I'd surely cheer for the skaters too, but they were just... like little teenie girls on a boygroup concert.
In the beginning when Stephane skated the whole audience really was totally freaking out as soon as he just lifted his arm or flew across the ice. Am I reacting exaggerated? Just watch it, I really didn't like it. It was like they weren't able to appreciate the great moments of his ex, but only screamed for the sake of screaming - just because a renowned skater skated at this show. I not only had these WTF moments at Stephanes skate, but on lots of others too :/
So far I'm not quite fond of the Korean audience - the GPF 08 also wasn't something I've the best memories of.. It's not like it was totally bad, but I really start to also believe that appreciation of the quality of figure skating itself has not reached Korea yet.
Oh and the camera angles and zoom were really bad too. Far too close and far too often, it's such a pity, because there were so many beautiful exhibitions and you really couldn't enjoy them properly, because of that :/
And I couldn't get rid of the feeling that this still was a total Yu-Na promotionshow. Produce by Brian Orser, everything choreographed by David Wilson. Both coming out at the end of the show, joining the skaters.
Well I think this will of course increase their fame and popularity in Korea. Yu-Na's a superstar already and this will only intensiy her fame.

Still all in all this was a great show and fun to watch!
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Yuna Kim's New Gala   Yuna Kim's New Gala Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:21 pm

I like her new ex sunny , and i would like that she will use it in Vancouver, but I don´t believe that she will do it, she changes her ex frecuently.

and yes, the cameras in the show horrible Frustrated , the audience scream a lot, but the skaters seen enjoy it then I liked lol!
Back to top Go down
racyong25

racyong25

PostSubject: Re: Yuna Kim's New Gala   Yuna Kim's New Gala Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:37 am

I love it! It really shows a different Yuna. It really suits her and sets her apart from the other skaters. I wish she would do a number like this with Daisuke Takahashi in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://shizukaarakawa.motion-forum.net/
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Yuna Kim's New Gala   Yuna Kim's New Gala Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:44 am

i like her new gala also. and i do agree with MaoMaoRevolution that her costume reminds me of joannie rochette's in her gala...
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
sky

PostSubject: Re: Yuna Kim's New Gala   Yuna Kim's New Gala Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:03 am

I think Yuna shouldn't use this new EX for next season becasue it is similar to Sacha Cohen's program''Please Don't Stop the Music''. I saw it on Youtube which Sacha performed it on Stars on Ice in Nov. 2008.

I don't know who is Yuna's choreographer, but I think it is not good idea to be similar to other skaters's program. I think Yuna's "Sheherezade" was the best free program in her many programs, but unfortunately it was similar to M. Kwan's Sheherezade (some part of choreograhy and also her red costume) for the season of 2002.

Since Yuna is a sakter with great ability,she doesn't have to imitate other skaters. She had better skate with her orignal program.

Well, this is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yuna Kim's New Gala   Yuna Kim's New Gala Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yuna Kim's New Gala
Page 1 of 1