Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!! Empty
PostSubject: Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!!   Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!! Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:33 pm

Ok, I might come back and translate later, but in the meantime, check out the video clip of Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chezAwtsZ_c

She was practicing the double axel really hard, but as the video shows, she didn't land it in the show. HOWEVER, she said "The double axel was something I really want to land, so if I don't land it, I can't be satisfied."

So apparently, according to this news article:
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/flash/KFullFlash20090502128.html

...after failing in her program, Midori came out in the finale and landed the double axel beautifully!!! Confetti With Machiko Yamada watching! Wub Aww, that is so cool!!

Midori is my hero! Encore
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!!   Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!! Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:48 am

double axel at 40..amazing.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!!   Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!! Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:04 pm

Midori Ito was on Chukkyo Figure today!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXQ3OjNObYQ

Her expression when she first saw the video made me ROTFLMAO

Basically Coach Yamada was saying something like, "there's been all this talk about her doing the triple axel, and if you say that, she's going to want to do it, but she might get injured, so don't say it!!" Laugh

Aww, they're both so awesome! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!!   Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!! Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:48 pm

'Prince Ice World' will be aired on Tokai TV on 5/31 24:40 - 25:35 (I guess that really means June 1st, 12:40-1:35am).

Unfortunately Mao won't be in it, but Yukari Nakano, Midori Ito, and Mai and Taka-chan will be!! Many Hearts

Speaking of Midori Ito:
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/other/090527/oth0905270835000-n1.htm

According to this article, Midori Ito says she's trying to increase skating fever in Japan. At the end of the article, she said, "I put too much pressure on myself for the Olympics. I don't want Mao-chan and the others to repeat the same thing. I would be happy if they could remove the weight from their shoulders and just skate."

Wise words from a wonderful woman! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!!   Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!! Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:41 am

Awww she is so cute and kind and nice talking about Mao and the others having this very pressure! Its good, cause she had this experience and can give them advices how to do it better ne! :-)

And i really would like to see her skate in that Gala, im going to check fsvids tomorrow!Smile

Wow, i didnt realize, that she is 40 years old! Are you sure about this? But with Shizuka being middle 20, then it could be *lol* Why japanese ppl. always looks so young? xDDD
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!!   Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!! Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:59 am

Batsuchan wrote:
'Prince Ice World' will be aired on Tokai TV on 5/31 24:40 - 25:35 (I guess that really means June 1st, 12:40-1:35am).

Unfortunately Mao won't be in it, but Yukari Nakano, Midori Ito, and Mai and Taka-chan will be!! Many Hearts

I watched two homevids from this show! cheers

Unfortunately, Kozu just wasn't on. He slipped and fell at the beginning of the performance (on nothing, just stroking around) and was visibly upset afterwards. IIRC he landed 2A and doubled or popped the rest of his jumps and his spins were not as good as usual, either.
Too bad, because this time he skated to a Japanese version of "Save the last dance for me". Very Happy I liked it!

Mai, on the other hand, was just gorgeous! Her triples seem to be leaving her Sad (she landed just 2A, 2S, 2A) but her artistry was just spot on! She skated to "Aranjuez" (in the same costume as in her 2006 EX, but the music edit and choreography was completely different). Her expression reminded me of Yukina Ota. If only she had more speed and jumps... Depressed Crying She is really lovely to watch. Love Hearts

Quote :
Speaking of Midori Ito:
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/other/090527/oth0905270835000-n1.htm

According to this article, Midori Ito says she's trying to increase skating fever in Japan. At the end of the article, she said, "I put too much pressure on myself for the Olympics. I don't want Mao-chan and the others to repeat the same thing. I would be happy if they could remove the weight from their shoulders and just skate."

Thank you for translation, Batsuchan! Midori is a great and wise woman indeed. Yep! I'm happy she's excited about skating again, and wants to share that excitement with others. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!!   Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!! Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:54 am

Can someone help me finding a page where i can see the vids of PIW 2009, please? For some reason, nowhere i can watch them! Depressed Crying

And Kozu fell hard?
Oh no, that poor guy, i always thought he jumps so perfectly Neutral

But it sounds like more skaters had problems that day lol!
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!!   Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!! Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:42 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
Can someone help me finding a page where i can see the vids of PIW 2009, please? For some reason, nowhere i can watch them! Depressed Crying

I found them on dcinside, a Korean forum. I don't want to post the videos publically, because the last time I did so it turned out that the video was stolen from somewhere else, and the original poster didn't want the videos to be posted on public sites... Embarassed I can understand his wish, as filming often isn't allowed in figure skating events, and the people who took the videos don't want to get in trouble. They usually share the videos on sites with restricted access, and the videos make it to public sites only because somebody doesn't listen to them and shares the videos publically anyway.

But I could send the videos to you privately, if you want. Smile I have only two, though: Mai and Kozu.

I heard that the event will be aired soon, though. I'm sure the videos will be posted on YT as usual. Thumbs up!

Quote :
And Kozu fell hard?

It wasn't a hard fall, just an unexpected one. He just fell while stroking around. He didn't look hurt, just a bit shocked/embarassed that he fell in such a silly way. Embarassed Sweatdrop

I'm sure he's fine! The rink was really tiny, so it's possible that the skaters just didn't feel 100% comfortable skating on it. And, of course, it's early off-season, so slight lack of form is to be expected. The skaters need their rest too Yep!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!!   Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Midori Ito at Prince Ice World!!
Page 1 of 1