Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coaching changes!!

Go down 
+5
clovera
☆Genie
polosatik
Haidogirl
Batsuchan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Coaching changes!! Empty
PostSubject: Coaching changes!!   Coaching changes!! Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:02 pm

You guys have probably seen these stories already, but just in case you haven't...

Jeremy Abbott is going to be coached by Yuka Sato! WOW!
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090522&content_id=4879962&vkey=ice_news

Interesting! But she won't be doing his choreography...I didn't realize that she was part of Alissa Czisny's coaching team...

Mirai Nagasu is now being coached by Frank Carroll!
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090520&content_id=4835608&vkey=ice_news

I love Mirai! Love Hearts She's my second favorite after Mao! Hope this works out well for her! Cheering
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

Coaching changes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching changes!!   Coaching changes!! Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:27 am

Wow, i didnt even knew, that Yuka Sato is a coach! I always thought, her father is the only Sato-Coach *lol*

So, does this change mean, that Jeremy is going to Japan?

And im still hoping, Mao will change too! Im not a fan of this Duo Mao and Tatyana for some reason~~
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Coaching changes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching changes!!   Coaching changes!! Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:25 am

Haidogirl wrote:
Wow, i didnt even knew, that Yuka Sato is a coach! I always thought, her father is the only Sato-Coach *lol*

So, does this change mean, that Jeremy is going to Japan?

And im still hoping, Mao will change too! Im not a fan of this Duo Mao and Tatyana for some reason~~
Noooooo! Hell, no! Mao and TAT are superpower together!
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

Coaching changes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching changes!!   Coaching changes!! Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:48 am

maoo shuld go to yuka and mr sato Smile
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Coaching changes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching changes!!   Coaching changes!! Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:26 pm

The MaoTat combo is going to be iconic, just you wait!

Hmm...Jeremy's move to Yuka caught me off guard, but Zakrajsek is like Morozov - there's a slew of top skaters under his tutelage that I guess even with assistants its not quite possible to give them the attention the student may need. Shocked But then again, while Zakrajsek's other students continued to develop and raise the bar as the season progressed (Mroz, Rachael), Jeremy pretty much peaked at GPF + Nats before falling off the radar. It will be great to see Yuka at the K&C next season. cat

Mirai's coaching change, on the other hand isn't surprising at all...I was *personally* expecting her to switch to Rafael A. out of his technical expertise but I clearly forgot that he isn't the only big-name coach in California. Razz
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

Coaching changes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching changes!!   Coaching changes!! Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 2:49 am

clovera wrote:
The MaoTat combo is going to be iconic, just you wait!

Ohhhhhh, DEFINITELY!!!! I love the two together. THough I must admit that I am sometimes skeptical about their coaching arrangement (TAT being in Moscow and Mao in Japan) and TAT's taste of music. AHHHHHH...when will we be able to know Mao's choice of music? I'm really looking forward to her step sequences in both programs. They are always one of the greatest highlights in her programs. flower
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Coaching changes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching changes!!   Coaching changes!! Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 3:21 am

If we're talking about great coaches, TAT , I think it's a fact, is the GREATest coach ever, in figure skating. After reading her book, I thought, wow, how many champions did she make? affraid Her experience can't be compared to others.This season, she tried to work at Mao's weaknesses , it wasn't about winning.Olympic season is about winning, you'll see what happens when TAT is on fire Razz
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

Coaching changes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching changes!!   Coaching changes!! Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:57 am

For Mao Tatiana is the best possible coach, I think. I don't see any big problem about their current training schedule.

P.s.
One more thing the co-commentator of TAT, Vasiliy, has told about on his forum I'd like to mention, is that he "hasn't seen TAT as agitated over a skate of any of her sudents (especially, a girl) for a very long time", as Tatiana was during their commentary of Mao's WTT free skate. Smile
Back to top Go down
juliet
Double Axel
Double Axel

Coaching changes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching changes!!   Coaching changes!! Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:10 am

I agree with you guys. Definitely, Mao and Tat are very good together. Mao gets challenged with Tat and Tat gives her so much support and love. Their strategy and calculation for their programs are so great. No matter what people think of 'how Mao can/will deliver the challenging programs Tat has for her', because of Tat's belief in Mao, Mao has been able to correct and make better, in such a short time, her old skating skills and develop into a much more stronger skater with higher skills. I deeply admire and respect them with their maturity and patience in handling things.
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

Coaching changes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching changes!!   Coaching changes!! Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:43 pm

summervie wrote:

P.s.
One more thing the co-commentator of TAT, Vasiliy, has told about on his forum I'd like to mention, is that he "hasn't seen TAT as agitated over a skate of any of her sudents (especially, a girl) for a very long time", as Tatiana was during their commentary of Mao's WTT free skate. Smile

Thank you very much again for this info, summervie! flower

I haven't seen TAT interact with any of her other students, but I do get the impression that she really does love Mao, possibly more than any of her other female students! Many Hearts

Somewhere - in the Mao Asada, Miracle Seventeen book, maybe - TAT was quoted as saying that Mao has so much natural talent AND is a really hard worker - and she's never ever seen a skater like her before! Thumbs up!

Gosh, I really need to translate that first part of the book! Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

Coaching changes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching changes!!   Coaching changes!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:50 am

Yes, summervie, LOVE the juicy bits of information about Mao and Tat, thanks for telling us.

I'm glad that Mao found another coach who is so outspoken in backing her student up, believing in her, understanding her and genuinely cares for her.

Batsuchan, I sometimes feel guilty posting links to japanese news or programs about Mao here for translation because I seem to be always relying on you as the channel to news about Mao. Allow me to say a sincere "thank you" to you gain. Confetti

I can't wait to read what the "Eighteen" Mao Asada book says!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

Coaching changes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching changes!!   Coaching changes!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:34 am

Caroline Zhang is going to change coaches!
Twitter : twitter.com/carolinezhang
Back to top Go down
lovergfs4ever

Coaching changes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching changes!!   Coaching changes!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:08 am

caroline will change too?
btw, i've asked ,y mom to buy that book (miracle 17) for me and i'll get it soon!
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

Coaching changes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching changes!!   Coaching changes!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:12 am

It's offical people, Caroline Zhang switched to Charlene WOng Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coaching changes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching changes!!   Coaching changes!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coaching changes!!
Page 1 of 1