Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
juliet
Double Axel
Double Axel

Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times Empty
PostSubject: Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times   Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 6:58 pm

Well, I just don't know where to post this, so I started a new thread. Should the moderators/admin think that this should belong to some other thread, please do so. So here goes my thoughts on MAO. THE JAPANESE AMBASSADOR FOR ALL TIMES.....With Mao's figure Skating, she has gone a long way wherein the world is very much aware and also being informed about what Japan is. Thanks to the Japanese media coverage, write-ups, shows, commercials and of course the contributors of Mao's infos to the various web blogs/forums. Let's take it from the latest, Mao's Dream Lab concerning Mao's diet, now the people of the world are inquiring of what Miso is all about. And recently also, they have shown her graduating from Sr. High School and entering University which is giving some info about Japanese Education like uniforms and what time of the year the semesters begin and end. Another point that has been informed is the comraderie among Japanese competitiors which was shown in the coverages of skating shows/competitions (like WTT) and TV game shows. Again, another point that has been informed to the world are patience, endurance and the respect for the law/rules. They were shown with the reactions shown by Mao in every competition where she handled herself regally no matter what the judgings were and in whatever stress she is in, that she has gained so much respect from other people of different nationalities. And with commercials, stress on Asian Beauty exampled by Mao. No need for the Nip/Tuck and overly made-up faces. For certain, the Japanese language, being heard from Japanese coverages of shows/competitions, is very much familiar now to the rest of the world. The beauty of the Japanese traditional clothes as worn during galas, has wowed the other nations as to how beautiful the Japanese competitors are, especially Mao. Of course, the exquisite taste of Japanese food is never ignored. I have so much thoughts on this thread but I'll put them in later on . And I am proud to honor Mao as The Japanese Ambassador For All Times.
Back to top Go down
juliet
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times   Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:37 am

study

Last edited by juliet on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times   Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:12 am

I really like this thread Very Happy
It's really inspiring...and I also must admit that I admire Mao as the Japanese Ambassador!!!
I agree with what you say, Mao is really such an inspiration. I have no doubt in my mind that she has challenged those who don't normally follow figure skating to watch it. And she has introduced fans of hers to the wonderful Japanese culture and language. And there's no question that she has sparked the spirits of countless skaters to keep skating and try their best.
Love Mao!
Back to top Go down
juliet
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times   Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:42 am

Thank you, MAOMAOREVOLUTION. I thought about closing this thread to give way to other threads thinking that nobody's interested in it. Again and again, ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU!!!! Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times   Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Don't worry, Juliet, it's a great topic!

I think that because it's early June now, a lot of people are facing entrance exams/end of term exams/writing term papers/etc... (Or preparing/grading the exams in the case of teachers who are also registered here!) Sweatdrop

I'm sure people will get more active once the summer break starts. Laugh
Back to top Go down
juliet
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times   Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:44 pm

OKAMI, Thank you soooooo MAOuch for the appreciation. Mushy Love Thank you! Daisies for you Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times   Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:57 pm

juliet wrote:
OKAMI, Thank you soooooo MAOuch for the appreciation. Mushy Love Thank you! Daisies for you Daisies for you

Aww. That's a cute pun on words! Many Hearts

And, once again, thank you for posting this topic. It really brings up a lot of interesting points, and I will make sure to comment on them after my exams are over! flower
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times   Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:05 pm

Okami wrote:
Don't worry, Juliet, it's a great topic!

I think that because it's early June now, a lot of people are facing entrance exams/end of term exams/writing term papers/etc... (Or preparing/grading the exams in the case of teachers who are also registered here!) Sweatdrop

Ehehehe, in my case, ballet season has started and it has totally sucked away my time and attention. I thought I was going to be bored out of my mind during the skating off-season, but apparently not. Sweatdrop

juliet - Thanks for starting this topic! It always warms my heart so see Mao touching people from all over the world, and I'm glad she is a great ambassador for Japan. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times   Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 12:03 pm

juliet wrote:
And recently also, they have shown her graduating from Sr. High School and entering University which is giving some info about Japanese Education like uniforms and what time of the year the semesters begin and end.

I still remember in the interview when she said she wanted to learn how to do nails in college. How many people could give such a sweet answer as Mao. I think another great aspect of Mao is that is is not vain. even though she loves nails and hair, she doesn't obsess over her appeal. I think this also sets Mao apart.

Batsuchan wrote:

Ehehehe, in my case, ballet season has started and it has totally sucked away my time and attention. I thought I was going to be bored out of my mind during the skating off-season, but apparently not. Sweatdrop

Ahhhh...Batsuchan. Do you get to go to the ballet? Love Hearts
And wouldn't it be lovely to see some videos of Mao doing ballet?
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times   Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:52 pm

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:

Ahhhh...Batsuchan. Do you get to go to the ballet? Love Hearts
And wouldn't it be lovely to see some videos of Mao doing ballet?

Yes, I have been going a lot. Like every week... Sweatdrop It just sort of happened - normally no one I know wants to see ballet, but this year I was able to find people who wanted to go, and then all of a sudden I had tickets to go every week! Shocked I was thinking about starting a thread on "Ballet" - maybe sometime... Hell, no!

Here's a montage that has a few more clips of Mao doing ballet when she was younger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7L60q2DLOM
Her foutte turns are pretty good! Love Hearts It does make me very curious to see her do ballet NOW.
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times   Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:29 am

juliet, thanks for opening the thread. It's great to take a look at things from a more macro perspective. I hope she gets to enjoy a fair share of fun as any eighteen-year-old girl should have.

On a side note, I just loooove the competitive fire in Mao, as well as her tenacity: she never gives up - both before AND during competitions. The one thing in her that I admire the most is the willingness to admit to failures/mistakes and the determination to improve herself, work harder and reach her goals. I love the "athlete-side" of Mao. She has a clear goal and isn't afraid of telling people about it. The athletic spirit in Mao may also be a good representation of the conscientiousness of Japanese people (?).

Okami is right though: i just finished my finals not long ago and got swept away by an international conference. Soooo, I disappeared from this forum for a couple of weeks. Nonetheless, this is the one place that I will always visit once I'm online. flower
Back to top Go down
juliet
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times   Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Thank you SNOWDROPS24, your comments are well appreciated.

Again, thank you very MAOuch!!!(I love saying the MAOuch)
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times   Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:30 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

Yes, I have been going a lot. Like every week... Sweatdrop It just sort of happened - normally no one I know wants to see ballet, but this year I was able to find people who wanted to go, and then all of a sudden I had tickets to go every week! Shocked I was thinking about starting a thread on "Ballet" - maybe sometime... Hell, no!

I wouldn't object to a ballet thread flower
I got really interested in ballet a couple of months ago, too! There aren't many ballet companies in my area Yep, Sadly (I guess you either get blessed with ice rinks or theater/dance...never both in my case >w<) so I only usually get to go about twice a year. I've been seeing "The Nutcracker" for a few years now but I guess I never really appreciated it as I do now. You are so lucky!! I would definitely volunteer to come with you if I was in your area! Yep!

juliet wrote:
Thank you SNOWDROPS24, your comments are well appreciated.

Again, thank you very MAOuch!!!(I love saying the MAOuch)

MAOuch is pretty fun to say!! Mao is such a short, pleasant, round word that it just kind of...rolls off the tongue. Very Happy
And it's most vowels so you can stick it on so many things!! (MAOple Axel, MAOnut spin...just to name a few). Boogie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times   Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao, The Japanese Ambassador For All Times
Page 1 of 1