Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies)

Go down 
+4
MikiAndoFan#1
☆Genie
clovera
zooma
8 posters

Mao Asada
Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_lcap16%Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_rcap
 16% [ 22 ]
Miki Ando
Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_lcap17%Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_rcap
 17% [ 23 ]
Yukari Nakano
Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_lcap6%Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_rcap
 6% [ 8 ]
Fumie Suguri
Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_lcap1%Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_rcap
 1% [ 2 ]
Akiko Suzuki
 1% [ 1 ]
YuNa Kim
Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_lcap14%Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_rcap
 14% [ 19 ]
Carolina Kostner
Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_lcap5%Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_rcap
 5% [ 7 ]
Joannie Rochette
Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_lcap16%Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_rcap
 16% [ 22 ]
Mirai Nagasu
 5% [ 7 ]
Caroline Zhang
Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_lcap6%Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_rcap
 6% [ 9 ]
Rachael Flatt
Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_lcap4%Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Vote_rcap
 4% [ 6 ]
Ashley Wagner
 1% [ 2 ]
Sasha Cohen
 5% [ 7 ]
Alena Leonova
 1% [ 2 ]
Others
 1% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 139

AuthorMessage
zooma

Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Empty
PostSubject: Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies)   Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:46 am

Multiple choice, maximum number is six.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies)   Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 12:36 pm

At this point in time, I would think it's set with Mao, Yu-Na, Miki, and Joannie - in no particular order - as they are without much doubt the top 4 ladies in the world in terms of both placements and scoring potential (if I'm not mistaken, the only ladies beside the aforementioned that scored over 190 total in a competition are the Torino medalists - Shizuka, Sasha, and Irina).

Both Caros (Z+K), Sasha AND Yukari are going to have a hard time making it because of their draw to TEB where placing 3rd will be crucial. That leaves Rachael as the most likely 5th finalist due to her consistency, rising scores, and draw. The 6th lady...is anyone's guess, really. Sweatdrop Most likely that spot will belong to whoever sneaks into 3rd at TEB. Should they not accumulate enough points, it is very possible for the dark horses to snatch that spot as well (Akiko, Mirai, Ashley, and Alena).

Conclusion: The 5th/6th finalists are going to heavily depend on how TEB goes! Unconscious
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies)   Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 1:28 pm

Mao, Yuna are a lock.
Miki and Joannie are going to be comfortably making it.
Yukari and Fumie will snatch the final two spots because I love both of them and they are eternally artistically gifted Smile
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies)   Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 1:50 pm

I want Miki, Mao, Yu-Na, Carolina, Yukari and Fumie to go.

Razz

Good luck to all!
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies)   Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 2:23 pm

Definitely Mao and Yuna.
Almost positively Miki and Joannie.
Most likely Caroline Zhang.
Maybe Yukari, Rachael, Mirai.
Who knows? Sasha.
That's what I think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies)   Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:33 am

Ok, well, I thought about posting this on the Mao news thread too, but I guess it fits here as well..

So, after reading all the news about how Mao's music is not quite what we would have wanted, and hearing about how difficult and challenging her programs are going to be, I have to admit that I am a little afraid. What if (gasp!) Mao doesn't make GPF?! pale

Let me explain...

It seems that the JSF has arranged a grand send-off for Mao for the Olympics. Four years ago, she won the 2005 GPF in Tokyo and became a huge star - but she wasn't able to go to the Olympics.

I feel like the JSF wants a do-over. They want to give Mao a chance to win the GPF in Tokyo again, clinch her ticket to the Olympics there (since they voted that the top-placing GPF finisher will get a spot for the Olympics), and then claim her Olympic gold medal like she should have done four years ago.

So here's my big fear:

We all know that Mao starts off the season a little rusty and then gets better and better as it goes on.

So let's say that Mao has a bad competition at TEB 2009. She really has an off-day, and since the competition is pretty stiff, she ends up 3rd or 4th.

5 days is not enough time to recover and regroup, so at COR, she has ANOTHER bad competition, and ends up 3rd again. So she's out of GPF!

The Japanese fans and the JSF will be crushed, BUT NEVER FEAR! The story, as I imagine it, does not end badly!

So midway into October, Mao and TAT realize that they need to make major changes. So they either work really hard on Mao's existing programs, or maybe they scrap them and use old programs, or create new ones altogether.

There's plenty of time until Japanese Nationals, and no competitions to distract Mao.

So, at Nationals, Mao comes out and completely blows everyone else away. She scores 220 points, and wins her Olympic spot.

But the rest of the skating world has forgotten about Mao. They've ruled her out since she didn't make the GPF, and all the attention is on Yu-Na/Sasha(?)/Joannie(?)/Miki(?) etc.

So then, in February, full of confidence, Mao shows them the true champion she is, and skates away with the gold medal. Cheering

Shizuka Arakawa never made it to the 2005 GPF. Exclamation

I do worry that Mao might not make the 2009 GPF, but I DO NOT think that would be the end of the world. No, not at all! Yep!
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
zooma

PostSubject: Re: Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies)   Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 4:04 am

Don't worry about TEB. Last year, Mao got 167+ points with six errors. The favorites of GPF host countries are always held up at qualifying GPS (remember Kostner of two years ago). And you know, Russia is the home for Tarasova's student. Bells of Moscow in Moscow must create a miracle.

Most of voters seem expecting Kim as a lock, but I think she doesn't show at TEB. Facing unpredictable Mao in this competitive field is very risky. Whatever the excuse, she wants to avoid GPF in Tokyo.
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies)   Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:48 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
Ok, well, I thought about posting this on the Mao news thread too, but I guess it fits here as well..

So, after reading all the news about how Mao's music is not quite what we would have wanted, and hearing about how difficult and challenging her programs are going to be, I have to admit that I am a little afraid. What if (gasp!) Mao doesn't make GPF?! pale

Let me explain...

It seems that the JSF has arranged a grand send-off for Mao for the Olympics. Four years ago, she won the 2005 GPF in Tokyo and became a huge star - but she wasn't able to go to the Olympics.

I feel like the JSF wants a do-over. They want to give Mao a chance to win the GPF in Tokyo again, clinch her ticket to the Olympics there (since they voted that the top-placing GPF finisher will get a spot for the Olympics), and then claim her Olympic gold medal like she should have done four years ago.

So here's my big fear:

We all know that Mao starts off the season a little rusty and then gets better and better as it goes on.

So let's say that Mao has a bad competition at TEB 2009. She really has an off-day, and since the competition is pretty stiff, she ends up 3rd or 4th.

5 days is not enough time to recover and regroup, so at COR, she has ANOTHER bad competition, and ends up 3rd again. So she's out of GPF!

The Japanese fans and the JSF will be crushed, BUT NEVER FEAR! The story, as I imagine it, does not end badly!

So midway into October, Mao and TAT realize that they need to make major changes. So they either work really hard on Mao's existing programs, or maybe they scrap them and use old programs, or create new ones altogether.

There's plenty of time until Japanese Nationals, and no competitions to distract Mao.

So, at Nationals, Mao comes out and completely blows everyone else away. She scores 220 points, and wins her Olympic spot.

You are an g
But the rest of the skating world has forgotten about Mao. They've ruled her out since she didn't make the GPF, and all the attention is on Yu-Na/Sasha(?)/Joannie(?)/Miki(?) etc.

So then, in February, full of confidence, Mao shows them the true champion she is, and skates away with the gold medal. Cheering

Shizuka Arakawa never made it to the 2005 GPF. Exclamation

I do worry that Mao might not make the 2009 GPF, but I DO NOT think that would be the end of the world. No, not at all! Yep!

You are a genuis.
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies)   Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:32 am

Batsuchan, I will know who to call if I need a scriptwriter for my new film. Weeeheeeheheee Cool
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies)   Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 3:41 am

snowdrops24 wrote:
Batsuchan, I will know who to call if I need a scriptwriter for my new film. Weeeheeeheheee Cool

Ooh, ok, I will get started on my script then! Too sweet!

I was thinking about something along the lines of a retelling of Cinderella, except with skating....

So we have poor, over-worked Nao-chan, who finally gets to go to the Masquerade Waltz Ball with the help of her furry godmother, TAT, where she meets the 'Thoroughbred Prince' (and part-time Romeo), Takahiro. Who later declares that he will marry the girl whose foot fits the skate!

And in the end they live happily ever after with all the yakiniku they could possibly eat.

Something along those lines... ROTFLMAO

Hmm, this has nothing to do with GPF, oops... Sweatdrop

I'm pretty sure Yu-Na and Miki will make it, not sure who else...
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies)   Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:37 pm

I think you're overthinking things Batsuchan! Lol! Although I would love to see Mao do multiple programs this season, I wouldn't want it to be under those circumstances!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies)   Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 5:15 am

Batsuchan wrote:

Ooh, ok, I will get started on my script then! Too sweet!

I was thinking about something along the lines of a retelling of Cinderella, except with skating....

So we have poor, over-worked Nao-chan, who finally gets to go to the Masquerade Waltz Ball with the help of her furry godmother, TAT, where she meets the 'Thoroughbred Prince' (and part-time Romeo), Takahiro. Who later declares that he will marry the girl whose foot fits the skate!

And in the end they live happily ever after with all the yakiniku they could possibly eat.

Nao-chan = I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies)   Who is gong to GPF? (Ladies) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1