Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics?

Go down 
+2
MikiAndoFan#1
☆Genie
6 posters

Joannie Rochette
Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Vote_lcap0%Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Caroline Zhang
Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Vote_lcap19%Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
Carolina Kostner
Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Vote_lcap10%Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Miki Ando
Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Vote_lcap57%Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Vote_rcap
 57% [ 12 ]
Laura Lepisto
Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Vote_lcap0%Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Fumie Suguri
 0% [ 0 ]
Yukari Nakano
Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Vote_lcap5%Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Sasha Cohen
Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Vote_lcap9%Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Rachael Flatt
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Empty
PostSubject: Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics?   Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:45 pm

I personally believe it'll be Caroline Zhang. Shes as solid as a rock. She constantly and seemingly effortlessly throws 6-7 triples per program. Her artistry is pretty good too and I think shes the dark horse. Of course, she'll have to make through the selection camp first, which as we all know, are not her best friends.

Miki Ando is also a potentially a very big threat to the podium, who knows maybe she'll pull a miki ando from the 2007 worlds!

Joannie Rochette is also a very good candiate for this position, as she recently finished 2nd at the world championships and is coming back from a sensational season.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics?   Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:55 pm

Believe me... Miki is more than a threat to the podium! Cool
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics?   Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:13 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Believe me... Miki is more than a threat to the podium! Cool

Haha! We'll see. It's going to be such a LONG wait!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics?   Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:16 pm

I think Miki's a huge threat! At Worlds she was really the only one who could match Yu-Na's power in her jumps (of course, poor Mao was not at her best).

BUT, I'm going to throw it out there and say MIRAI NAGASU might be a threat! Hell, no! (Even though she's not on the poll!)
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics?   Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:40 pm

I'd vote for Rochette, but at the Olympics she'll be like a 'special case'. So Miki Ando, and no one else probably. But it will greatly depend on her previous competition (what will it be, Nationals?). So, if at Nationals she fails greatly, I think she'll have some big chances to even win the Gold. But if she's fine and everybody says "hey, Miki, win the Gold, will ya?", I guess she may have some difficult time struggling for the Bronze. study
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics?   Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:31 pm

I'm not sure if CaroZ can make up her deficit of PCS scores...yet. Or any of the young Americans for that matter - this includes Ashley, Mirai, and Rachael as well. All four of them, though, when they are on - have more than enough ability to post an impressive TES score (CaroZ and Mirai in particular). Once their PCS scores start improving they can definitely become a podium threat.

But until then, I say Miki or Joannie. I love you I'm personally anxious for CaroK to get herself back in form, and it would be interesting to see if her sports psychologist arrangement will help out to the level that it did to Joannie... Yep!
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics?   Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:45 am

ops! I forgot a word at the title! Moderators can't fix that in this section or else I would have fixed it. Can an admin fix it? Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics?   Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:16 pm

If I had to choose someone to win other than Mao, it would definitely be Sasha. Not only because she's my second favorite skater, next to Mao, but because I think she has the most potential to do it. I know she had a reputation for choking under pressure, but who knows where her head is at NOW. If her mental game is finally there, she will be a huge threat. I think Miki, and Joanne will be the next biggest threats.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics?   Who is most likely to an upset at the Olympics? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1