Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New rules proposed to ISU

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

New rules proposed to ISU Empty
PostSubject: New rules proposed to ISU   New rules proposed to ISU Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:05 am

Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: New rules proposed to ISU   New rules proposed to ISU Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:07 am

Very interesting changes suggested by Ms. Bianchetti and her group.

I'm not too sure about the fall deduction, but since she offers to have the GoE scale expanded to -4 to +4, I guess it really isn't that big of an issue. The one-step sequence rule is also intriguing and might be a good change - it will definitely help the men's event from falling flat, since the skaters won't be as exhausted doing two step sequences, and the ladies in terms of creating more "breathe" time. The elimination of anonymous judging is a given, really.

I also like her proposed base value of elements, especially devaluing the 2A, since it has been a jump that is literally abused by the judges in terms of positive GoE (which as a result makes it earn more points than several triple jumps for skaters which is just ludicrous). I just think the 3A should be worth a *bit* more since it is clearly far more difficult to land than the triple flip or the lutz. Her DG suggestion is also very reasonable, as well as her ideas regarding how spins should be scored - on the actual quality, positions, and creativity of the spins rather than whether it satisfied the "features" requirement.

I don't think skating purists will be too thrilled about joining the flip/lutz into one jump, but I'll just leave it at that. Razz

The unfortunate thing, of course, is that these rules will probably never be implemented...(and even if they will, who knows how long it will take) silent
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: New rules proposed to ISU   New rules proposed to ISU Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:16 pm

Getting rid of secret/ annonymous judging! THANKYOU! I think EVERYONE wants that!

I also like changing the step sequence to just one. At least in the SP anyway. Step sequences can be boring... I don't like their proposal that ladies can only do a step OR spiral sequence, or a combo of the two though.

I don't see a very good reason why in the junior short programs no triple Axel shall be allowed for the men and no triple/triple combination for the ladies.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New rules proposed to ISU   New rules proposed to ISU Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New rules proposed to ISU
Page 1 of 1