Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates

Go down 
+5
clovera
roma
Oscilla
Okami
polosatik
9 posters
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Empty
PostSubject: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:35 am

New Johnny Weir short program - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htUBlVmcYpk
New Miki Ando long program - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgicbEPMPi0
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:11 am

I'm in love in Miki's new LP. She really improved her use of arms! I loved tiny choreographic details such as highlighting the swooshy part of the music with a rotational hand motion ending in turning palms upwards... (It looked better in the program than in my description. Laugh ) There's much more transitions than in Miki's previous programs, and there's no bobbing on the CoE in the spiral sequence. Thumbs up!

I really like the music. I'm PML at how when Miki mentioned that her LP tells a story of a woman some people immediately assumed that it was Tosca and Morozov ended up using something totally new... ROTFLMAO

The dress is gorgeous. Woot! Hmm, I thought that sparkly golden/silver dress would be perfect for Mao's "Bell", just for Olympics, but it looks like Miki got there sooner. Sweatdrop

Johnny's outfit, OTOH, scares me a little (here's a closeup). It looks like something borrowed out of the house of pleasures. Embarassed

virtud1984 and buckhollywood tweeted a bit about Nobu's LP:

virtud1984 wrote:
Nobunari Oda did his FS to Charlie Chaplin... 8 triples! brought the house down!!!!!
buckhollywood wrote:
I love when the Japanese skate to Charlie Chaplin. They so get it.

Cheering Confetti Cheering
Back to top Go down
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Oscilla

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:22 am

I can't watch the programs right now Sad (family gathering Laugh), but here's a nice photo with Miki, Nobu and Chris warming up before the show:
http://tweetphoto.com/mtl6avir
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:31 am

I love Miki's new program, too! And her costume is gorgeous! Her music cuts came from:
Rome HBO OST - Rome Main Title Theme -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8faqWJ96IQ
and
Marco Polo -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qStrgrX2vE
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:46 am

For a brief moment, I thought Johnny was raising breast cancer awareness with all the pink ribbons he was decking out on his outfit. Sweatdrop

I'm really liking Miki's new program! I love you Now, I need to see Tono's Chaplin. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:02 am

Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:30 am

Nobu's Chaplin is GENIUS!!! Rockstar Swoon Worship This is choreographically the best program I've seen from him. Perfect, perfect music choice! Swoon

Despite the tiny rink, the graininess of the video and inability to see facial expressions this program just gives me a fluffy feeling and the biggest grin ever during the step sequences. Smile Also, I love the final spin. Thumbs up!

Last edited by Okami on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Proper articles usage failure ^^')
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:31 am

Nobu's Chaplin program is also wonderful. I love it! Imagine all those jumps he performed in a rink like that. The Japanese team look great! I really hope they all do well this season.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:56 am

Great program by Tono! Cheering It's always a treat to see a good performance to Chaplin. Boogie
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:33 am

clovera wrote:
Great program by Tono! Cheering

If I may ask...where did he get the nickname Tono? Surprised

Okami wrote:
Despite the tiny rink, the graininess of the video and inability to see facial expressions this program just gives me a fluffy feeling and the biggest grin ever during the step sequences.

I couldn't have said it any better...the program is jam-packed full of happy feelings Wub
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:12 am

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:

If I may ask...where did he get the nickname Tono? Surprised
I think it's because he's a descendant of warlord Nobunaga Oda. "Tono" means" "Lord" in Japanese. Smile

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
Okami wrote:
Despite the tiny rink, the graininess of the video and inability to see facial expressions this program just gives me a fluffy feeling and the biggest grin ever during the step sequences.
I couldn't have said it any better...the program is jam-packed full of happy feelings Wub

I agree! This program is like a box of puppies. Many Hearts Makes me want to go "Awww!" Wub

Miki's program was great, too! Lovely use of arms. Her dress is sooo shiiiiny! Cheering
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:36 am

After watching Nobu's program I thought , wow, Chaplin, my favourite character ever. Hmm, it's a pretty good program, I can't say my favourite, but it's very,very good, but you know, no one can touch Anton at this point Laughing He's the best Charlie Chaplin in figure skating!) And then I download all music from Chaplin's movies, gorgeous music, why not use this more often? A lot of different, interesting music, and then dance teams are skating to Phantom of opera again Snow How original!
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:23 am

inskate wrote:

I think it's because he's a descendant of warlord Nobunaga Oda. "Tono" means" "Lord" in Japanese. Smile

That makes sense Too sweet! ...thank you!!

polosatik wrote:
A lot of different, interesting music, and then dance teams are skating to Phantom of opera again Snow How original!

I think the major themes of the season are officially: "Arabic/Persian" and "Phantom of the Opera" Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:41 am

inskate wrote:

Kinda OT: I looked up Nobunaga Oda in Wikipedia and there's an image there (Portrait of Oda Nobunaga, by Jesuit painter Giovanni Niccolo) in which there seems to be a resemblance between him and Nobu. hehe...
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:52 pm

I like Miki's program! I love both the music, and the dress. flower Very beautiful!

I like Jonny's program too. The music is definitely very "Johnny". lol. I thought his costume had a big ew factor, but if it's for breast cancer awareness, then that's cool. Although I still think it was pretty ugly... And if it's not for breast cancer awareness, and it's what he's going to be wearing all season, he's just feeding into the gay tag that's been pinned on him.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:52 pm

Seems like Miki's gold dress will not be used for competition.

Quote :
I did think Miki’s gold dress, although lovely, was a bit too bare and sparkly for a competitive costume, so I asked Nikolai Morozov about it after the show. He replied that she had many costumes to choose from, and that this dress was “probably better as a show” costume than a competitive one.

http://miki-ando-and-fans.seesaa.net/article/129015970.html
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:00 am

awww... Nobu's english is very good. This video of his FS is better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Hbnfh6yIQ
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
snowdrops24

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:38 am

Can I say that I absolutely LOVE Miki's music cut???? I love the fact that it is different from everything that Miki has done so far competitively. Unique and profound without being overdone.

Nobu is really in his element! you can totally see that he's enjoying his time out there on the ice. Thanks for sharing the vids , everyone!!

BTW, his english is reaaaally good! WOW! But perhaps that's not too surprising because I've read somewhere that he wants to become a teacher?
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:28 pm

I really enjoyed Miki's music as well. I love you I think it suits her really well! I can't wait to see Miki at Rostelecom Cup. Boogie

Quote :
BTW, his english is reaaaally good! WOW!

Yeah, Nobu really improved a lot! Yes, he said he wanted to work as teacher of English, because he loves working with children. Many Hearts He also considered working as a coach. Smile

I I love you the Chaplin program, it looks even funnier in the newer video. In the older one I missed some details like blowing the kisses to the audience or waving to the people behind the glass barrier... Laugh Not to mention all the smiles! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:00 pm

roma wrote:
Seems like Miki's gold dress will not be used for competition.

Argh! I loved it! Poo on the interviewer for suggesting the change to Morozov. I could live with a different dress for the GP series, but the silver-gold dress would be really great for the Olympics. I suspect the whole arena (seats, walls and boards) will be painted in some loud colors again as it happened at the Olympics in Torino... A light, silver-gold dress would work with just about any color. Smile

snowdrops24 wrote:
BTW, his english is reaaaally good! WOW! But perhaps that's not too surprising because I've read somewhere that he wants to become a teacher?

It's true (as inskate said). Nobu, like me, is studying at the department of English Language. If he didn't took a year off to prepare for Olympics, be would be on exactly the same year! Sweatdrop
He's not quite sure about his future yet. In older interviews it sounded as if he wanted to retire immediately after Vancouver. More recently, however, it sounds like he's considering continuing his skating career for a bit longer... In the most recent interview he said that he will discuss this matter with his coach after the Olympics. Yep!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates   2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009 Stars, Stripes & Skates
Page 1 of 1