Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japanese National Championships 09

Go down 
+36
zakkan
supportmaoasada
Aibhlin
Haidogirl
will_power
summervie
SoMiTripleAxel
sweetdream
kaarolcia
e2girl
inskate
snowdrops24
kirakira
chiyori
Batsuchan
chapis
maochan
coolmeia
Oscilla
BowbowDaijin
bellarina
mingming
dimA
MaoMaoRevolution
MikiAndoFan#1
coconut
polosatik
maowataiyo
roma
clovera
chineseteacup
bibi
tianrushui
Star85
Liffey
☆Genie
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

Japanese National Championships 09 Empty
PostSubject: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:34 am

The National championships will begin on December 25 to December 27. The event will held in Osaka and the venue will be the Namihaya Dome. Not only are skaters fighting for the title of National Champion but also a place on the Olympic team...

Even if Mao doesn't win I'm 99% sure she will go on the olympics because the JSF invested so much in her and shes probably the only one who could beat Yuna.
Back to top Go down
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Liffey

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:24 pm

Thank you for posting this thread! Cheering

I'm SOOOO excited to have Christmas and Mao together! santa What could be better?!

And I have no doubts that Mao will make the team. There is no one else, other than Miki (who already is named to the team), who has shown she can medal AND receive high PCS. Not to mention the sponsors... Mao is definitely going. I just want to see two confident skates from our girl! flower

My main stress for this competition is Akiko- I just watched and fell in love with her performance in the LP at the GPF and despite one bad performance at SC, she has skated like a dream this season. Wub I know there may be Yukari and Fumie fans here, but I strongly feel that Akiko deserves that spot. The best in the world right now, (minus Mao, of course) were at this competition and she earned a bronze. With the skates we've seen this year, she could have podium potential in Vancouver, even though she is always lowballed on the PCS.

So, for right now, my two main wishes for JN are that Mao skates the lights out and regains her confidence, and Akiko makes the Japanese Olympic team! cheers Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 3:14 pm

They're doing it on Christmas?! I really don't know what religion most Japanese are, but do many of them not celebrate Christmas or something? It's the biggest holiday in the world, so it's a really strange day to hold something like a figure skating cometition... scratch
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Star85 wrote:
They're doing it on Christmas?! I really don't know what religion most Japanese are, but do many of them not celebrate Christmas or something? It's the biggest holiday in the world, so it's a really strange day to hold something like a figure skating cometition... scratch
Christmas is not a holiday in most Asian countries, if not all. Last year's Japan National was also held on Christmas.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:12 pm

tianrushui wrote:
Star85 wrote:
Christmas is not a holiday in most Asian countries, if not all. Last year's Japan National was also held on Christmas.
I think Russian Nationals was around this time too.
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Go Mao!

Are there still tickets for the event? It wouldn't surprise me if they are sold out, or will be soon.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:47 pm

Christmas doesn't have a religious significance per se, but it is considered to be a gigantic *commercial* event in Japan, so in that respect it isn't too crazy to see Nats being held around that day there (as it has been for several years now). cat

It's great to finally see Mao back in competition! I'm quite positive the junior girls (Kanako, Haruka, Yukiko et al.) are going to make a big splash here too - can't wait. Swoon
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:00 am

Star85 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. I've always regarded Christmas as the biggest holiday ever. Razz But seeing Mao skate on Christmas is already a wonderful gift. Very Happy I hope she does really well. Same with Akiko. I know I said in a diff. thread before that I pick Yukari as the 3rd lady on the Japanese team but if Akiko gets it I'd be very happy. She's been such a joy to watch this season. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 1:38 am

clovera wrote:
Christmas doesn't have a religious significance per se, but it is considered to be a gigantic *commercial* event in Japan, so in that respect it isn't too crazy to see Nats being held around that day there (as it has been for several years now). cat

It's great to finally see Mao back in competition! I'm quite positive the junior girls (Kanako, Haruka, Yukiko et al.) are going to make a big splash here too - can't wait. Swoon

That's very true. It's actually even considered more to be a couple's holiday in Japan and lovers go out to see the illumination in streets, do things like ride the ferris wheel in Odaiba, etc. So single people might feel left out.

I wonder if Mao has any plans to see anyone of the opposite sex during the holidays? Or maybe her sister can set up a goukon. Tee-hee. Just to get the mind off of things. I just hope she'll be able to relax at Nationals because even on a bad day Mao's better than most skaters. I'm hoping Akiko well get the 3rd spot. I'm totally lovin the west side story program.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 3:18 am

Yes, Russian nationals are about the same time, just because our Christmas is at 7th of January Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:09 am

In Japan, New Year is the most biggest holiday event and everybody spends time with their family at home whereas Christmas is for party time. clown It's exactly opposite from North America. hehe Razz
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:14 am

coconut wrote:
In Japan, New Year is the most biggest holiday event and everybody spends time with their family at home whereas Christmas is for party time. clown It's exactly opposite from North America. hehe Razz
One thing I miss not having during New Year's is osechi-ryori. Razz
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:18 am

clovera wrote:
coconut wrote:

Uhh! What's that?

Razz
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:42 am

clovera wrote:

Oh, I miss having turkey with cranberry sauce at Christmas. The sandwich next day was sure good... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:04 am

coconut wrote:
clovera wrote:
Oh, I miss having turkey with cranberry sauce at Christmas. The sandwich next day was sure good... Embarassed
It's unfortunate we can't have both! Laugh

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Uhh! What's that?
Wiki and cuisine sites will do a better job explaining this, but it's a collection of New Year's food served in boxes, traditionally stacked on top of each other. In a way, it's like a souped-up version of an obento, and rather infamous for being quite time consuming to prepare (some families opt for store-bought/restaurant-ordered variants to save time).
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:10 pm

So, (I think) Miki is already qualified for the Olympics, but she still gets to compete at Nationals, right?
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:03 pm

IIRC both Miki & Tono are required to attend Nats for their Olympic qualification to take effect. But as long as they do, they're good to go. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:16 pm

clovera wrote:
IIRC both Miki & Tono are required to attend Nats for their Olympic qualification to take effect. But as long as they do, they're good to go. Very Happy

Thank you, clovera!

cat
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:12 pm

clovera wrote:

Cheering YAY! This is great news!
Now, the two of them, just please, please stay healthy!
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:48 pm

What about Nobunari?
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:10 pm

So some interesting things about xmas! I had no idea xmas was more like valentines day in Japan, and that it's not even held on Dec. 25th in Russia! I just checked on wikipedia, and it said most Japanese are Shinto or Buddhist. I couldn't find out anywhere what religion Mao is. I was just currious. Does anyone know?

Back on subject: I think nationals will go like this:

1. Mao
2. Miki
3. Akiko

1. Oda
2. Takahashi
3. Kazuka
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
maowataiyo

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:06 pm

Japanese are usually a combination of Shinto & Buddhists. And guys would probably like Valentine's Day in Japan because they're on the recieving end. However, there is a holiday that the Japanese confectionary companies started called "White Day" where guys who were confessed to, give girls back something. It's adopted in Korea and Taiwan as well.

Mao is likely to be Shinto & Buddhist. I've read a lot of times people have stated Mao's face reminds them of 大仏・観音/ Daibutsu Kannon-sama because of her soft & peaceful features.

I think Nationals would go like this:
1. Mao
2. Miki
3. Akiko

1. Takahashi
2. Oda
3. Kozuka

I don't have anything against Miki or Nobu, but I'm hoping Mao & Dai would get first so Morosov will shut-up.
Back to top Go down
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
tianrushui

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Any one saw this? A clean short program made by fans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycNjyY5yqgs
After watched this, I have a better feeling about this short program,although I still hope they could change the music to flute version.

All I wish for Japan National is that Mao could pull out a clean short program there. In 2007-2008 season, Mao failed all her short programs during GP events. But she managed to skate short clean in Japan National, began to peak after that, and finally got her title. I hope this year's Japan National could be the same as that year's
Back to top Go down
dimA

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:34 am

hi there. do you guys know if we'll be able see the jnationals live?
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 3:41 am

dimA wrote:
hi there. do you guys know if we'll be able see the jnationals live?
All we have is the usual delayed broadcast by Fuji TV starting on Christmas day (preview fluff on the 23rd). I'm presuming the on-air schedule will be finalized by around next week. study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Japanese National Championships 09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese National Championships 09
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next