Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thankful for this forum :)

Go down 
+3
illani
bellarina
Star85
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Thankful for this forum :) Empty
PostSubject: Thankful for this forum :)   Thankful for this forum :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:10 pm

God, it has just been brought to my attention (again) how awful many of the forums out there are. They are full of rude, self rightous, crude, and just plain mean people. If you come off as nice, the will run you over. You say something someone disagrees with, you're in for it. If you are less knowlegable about the subject at hand than most of the other people there, you'll get treated like an idiot.

It's like, people take total advantage of the fact that they are annonymous, and that they can get away with acting like this whereas they couldn't in real life.

Some forums/ forum-like places off the top of my head that I have NOT had good experiences in are:

modelmayhem (guess why people are awful here)
craigslist (which is so bad, it's often reffered to as "the cesspool")
youtube (this one actuallly seems to be half cool people, half not)
icenetwork(especially if you like Evan. Or don't like Johnny)

Anyone else know of any forums you're better off staying away from?
Any ones you recomend? I've only used a couple I would really recomend to anyone. And the only I can remember the name of is
http://www.womens-health.com/boards/

THIS is the best forum I've ever used. People here are very possitive, and nice to eachother. It's the only figure skating forum I use any more. Icenetwork has been the worst, but I'm not really crazy about any of the other ones either. I'd rather talk about anything here rather than most any place else, even if it doesn't have anything to do with figure skating.

So anyway, I just want to say thanks to the people who created, and maintain this forum, and to the NICE people who make it a nice place to chat. Wub
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Thankful for this forum :)   Thankful for this forum :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 pm

I completely agree! I really hate how utterly horrible some people can be behind the computer screen. I'm a compulsive lurker when it comes to most forums, mainly because I'm scared people will rip me apart if I say something they disagree with, but I knew that if I posted in this forum, all of you guys would be really welcoming. This is a such a friendly place to be, especially with how anxious I get for Mao during competitions. It's a great place for me to get more information about Mao and to be comfortable to say whatever I feel like saying because all opinions are welcome here. I love that, though everyone here obviously loves Mao, anyone can express their opinion about how they think Mao can improve or what things need to be done, and there are civilized, constructive, intelligent conversations that result. It's not that everyone is so biased towards Mao that nothing negative is allowed to be said- every opinion seems to be welcomed here and it only leads to great discussions. On the flip side, I do love the uplifting, positive posts that are also made about Mao's attitude or condition going into competitions that bode well and things like that- it really gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

That was my really long way of saying thanks to everyone for making me actually feel comfortable in a forum! You are all the best. And extra thanks to everyone who translates! It really helps us non-Japanese speakers out so much.
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Thankful for this forum :)   Thankful for this forum :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:34 am

I agree, this forum is awesome! Many Hearts

Unfortunately, it's easier for people to be rude and abusive when they can hide behind the anonymity the internet provides. But that doesn't seem to be the case here. I've been very impressed at how civil everyone is here. We seem to be able to express different points of view without being mean or condescending. Everyone here is very supportive, not only of Mao, but of each other. Maybe we're just a nice group of people...or maybe it's Mao's influence on us? Laugh
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Batsuchan

PostSubject: Re: Thankful for this forum :)   Thankful for this forum :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 8:29 pm

illani wrote:
Maybe we're just a nice group of people...or maybe it's Mao's influence on us? Laugh

Yep, I think that's definitely part of it! Many Hearts

I used to lurk on a lot of forums--GS, MKF, YuNa's forum, etc...and I sometimes write on FSU, but lately I feel like the only forum I really want to participate on is this one...the people on this forum seem to be very well-informed, so you don't have these people asking random (dumb) questions like "who is that blond lady sitting with Mao in the kiss 'n' cry?" Thankful for this forum :) Icon_rolleyes

Thank you very much to the moderators and everyone who makes this forum the wonderful community that it is! Thankful for this forum :) Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Thankful for this forum :)   Thankful for this forum :) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:46 am

Yes, thank you to the moderators and everyone who contribute to creating such a friendly and welcoming atmosphere on this forum!

Everyone, GROUP HUG! Cheering
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Thankful for this forum :)   Thankful for this forum :) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:22 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
Everyone, GROUP HUG! Cheering
Cheering

Everyone here is really awesome! Like Batsuchan said, everyone is well-informed, respectful, aware and at times humorous :3

Sometimes I get really sick of the the downright cold, cynical "tough world of skating" nature of forums like GS and FSU. It's so nice to just have a place like this to have some positivity and energy and support for not only Mao, but all skaters.

Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
clarice

clarice

PostSubject: Re: Thankful for this forum :)   Thankful for this forum :) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 7:35 am

After such a long time i have to say i'm very thankful to this forum and let me have an important topic without any mean and rude replies ending up locked like on other forums.

"THIS is the best forum I've ever used. People here are very possitive, and nice to eachother. It's the only figure skating forum I use any more. Icenetwork has been the worst, but I'm not really crazy about any of the other ones either. I'd rather talk about anything here rather than most any place else, even if it doesn't have anything to do with figure skating.

So anyway, I just want to say thanks to the people who created, and maintain this forum, and to the NICE people who make it a nice place to chat."

I couldn't agree more Thumbs up!

In a way we can all thank Mao for this forum as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thankful for this forum :)   Thankful for this forum :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thankful for this forum :)
Page 1 of 1