Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao lp with edit music of Bells

Go down 
+6
clovera
inskate
chiyori
herumonjanasi
polosatik
chapis
10 posters
AuthorMessage
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

Mao lp with edit music of Bells Empty
PostSubject: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:53 pm

Love Hearts I just watched this video, is awsome how much can to help a good music choice. the fast part like since the spiral until the 3-2-2, I love it.

Why Mao dont use this version for the games, Mao pleaaaaase, do it Laughing . The program looks more fluid and dynamic Thumbs up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2iAoFyEgXg
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:38 am

Some parts here are wrong, for example spiral sequence and music for footwork begins earlier. Very nice but I like Mao's version much better. Razz
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:07 am

yes its true, but I love that it is more variety, definitly Maos music editor could had do a better job, I think.
Back to top Go down
herumonjanasi

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:46 am

Embarassed Thank you to find my video! I can reach here access link log of my video page. I do tell you that the music was made to suit for another performance actually.It's for the performance in japanese NAT championship. It's reason for unfit of timing between music and performance.... Depressed Crying

I've uploaded japanese NAT's performance version with same music edition.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjMx-wimN1E

I appreciate you for listening to my music edit. Many Hearts

music editor "herumonjanasi"
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:06 am

herumonjanasi wrote:
Embarassed Thank you to find my video! I can reach here access link log of my video page. I do tell you that the music was made to suit for another performance actually.It's for the performance in japanese NAT championship. It's reason for unfit of timing between music and performance.... Depressed Crying

Wow! The timing is really good! Thank you for posting this link. I like the piano version of Bells a lot and I think you did a fantastic job fitting it to Mao's program flower

And welcome!! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:30 pm

herumonjanasi wrote:

I love it lol! , but it was a sp edit too, and now say that it was supressed, please upload it again I want download it to my lap, is really beautiful

sorry my english
Back to top Go down
herumonjanasi

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:44 am

Embarassed Hi! I'm not good at english too. I guess you talking about the video of her short program with the music that I edited? It have just renamed, you can find link below!

Mao Asada SP Masquerade Walz "dramatic and happy"edit
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmJGDM4RE3Y

enjoy! Thank you!

Back to top Go down
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chapis

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:48 pm

yes, It is exactly, thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:34 am

Great job, herumonjanasi! cheers Thank you for sharing! Your music editing skills are really impressive! Love Hearts

BTW, I did 2 montages with changed music, too:

Mao LP, "Polvetsian Dances": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riFcBLJxHtQ
(I changed Mao's dress to blue! Laughing)
Nobu SP, "Carol of the Bells": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxX11bhJf-I

But I didn't edit music much, Mao's is actually Ashley Wagner's edit and Nobu's is slightly shortened version of Carol of the Bells by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I can't edit music well at all... So I'm really impressed with what you did, herumonjanasi! I love you
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:12 am

inskate wrote:
I can't edit music well at all... So I'm really impressed with what you did, herumonjanasi! I love you
Same here. I attempted to edit Ravel's Piano Concerto for the Left Hand down to 4 min 30 sec a few weeks ago but the end result was simply Who, me? Fried

I love the new montages! Swoon
Back to top Go down
herumonjanasi

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:46 am

inskate wrote:
Great job, herumonjanasi! cheers Thank you for sharing! Your music editing skills are really impressive! Love Hearts

BTW, I did 2 montages with changed music, too:

Mao LP, "Polvetsian Dances": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riFcBLJxHtQ
(I changed Mao's dress to blue! Laughing)
Nobu SP, "Carol of the Bells": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxX11bhJf-I

But I didn't edit music much, Mao's is actually Ashley Wagner's edit and Nobu's is slightly shortened version of Carol of the Bells by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I can't edit music well at all... So I'm really impressed with what you did, herumonjanasi! I love you

Hello ! Thank you for having interests in my music edition so much Many Hearts I'm amature musician, and I usually do composing, arrangements, recording, playing instruments, sing main vocal and chorus, mixing, and mastering...for over 20 years! (I guess I'm still younger than your dad)
However, I've never imagine that my work is going to be usefull for direction of editing music of figure skating until few weeks ago.
I've already have various musiical arrangement softwears and tools, and
I'm used to the use of them. But I had no idea then.

When I saw her program of the competition Japan National Championship in Nagano, BIG-HAT arena at the end of last year, I felt that mao's program is so impressive and dramatic, but music she use was still not enough to express all of her performance.
I strongly wanna edit the misic the one suit for her skating more.

I think you can also musical arrangement as you desire. It is need a little bit studying. You have already passions enough.I feel your pure passions between the lines you wrote to me.

Someday, you complete your own, notice me. Promise!

I think that there are many way of feelings about a work. I'm happy to know you feel something good in my arrangement. It's a kind of miracle for me. Thank you so much. Dance

your friend "herumonjanasi"
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:50 am

Thank you for the message, herumonjamasi! sunny

Your experience ans passion shows in your music edits. Thay feel very professinal. I'm glad you shared them with us. flower

Thank you for the words of encouragement! I'll also try to improve my music editing skills. It is difficult but fun to match the beauty of motion with the beauty of the music. I love you

Once again, thank you! Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:47 am

Hey everyone!! Very Happy bumping this old thread but I really wanted to share this! Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OiwE7ONsRw

I saw this quite some time ago, it is edited with the bells piano version in it. Originally it was Ave Maria by Yukina Ota, which makes this edit interesting as a programme made for Ave Maria actually fit Bells so much (there is so much talk about the both being virtual opposites in terms of style, the former soft and delicate while the latter is dark, powerful and domineering) This video convinced me of Mao's song choice as a good one, although her performance now has aspects of her inner strength and determination(which is such a important thing but some fail to see sadly)

I feel that actually this one (with the simple white dress) the simplicity is actually refreshing and a really interesting take on this song! Very Happy And I really love it !! (if mao did it in this style I think it will be x100000 better too! Very Happy Don't get me wrong I love Yukina, but Mao can really stretch any programme's potential Wink )

Would love to hear your comments as well!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yuki
Double Axel
Double Axel
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am

The following blogger is a pianist who studied the motif of Rachmaninoff's prelude "The Bells of Moscow" for her graduation thesis.

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/risapiano/e/9d0ab0a13b2f6a905304bba839406502 (this is in Japanese)

I cannot translate well but I want to say this point.

The Bells motif is a fire (or for war, disaster) alarm bell, so the tune has the effect of causing feelings like the tension.

And Mao expressed burning passion, desire to escape suffering, anger, fear, and the strength of people who got them over...

She was amazed that Mao and Tatiana made up the music interpretation of Bells perfectly.

in my opinion.
Fumie Suguri said before on TV. Tatiana was her coach once, but the teaching was nonsense for her, so she left from Tatiana soon. She couldn't understand what Tatiana wanted to explain at all, because Tatiana said only "just do it!!!" every time.

But Mao never showed her back to Tatiana. I watched a TV program, featuring Mao. In the program, there were practice scenes. Tatiana yelled at Mao, like "Is it your anger?!!!!" She made Mao try her own expressions strictly.
Now I understand why Tatiana made many gold medalists before.

So, I'm never fascinated by any other choreographies or arrangements for Bells. Because the Bells was made from Mao's unimaginable efforts. It was her own, and hers only.
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:10 am

Thank you, yuki!
I really appreciate how deep "Bells" really is. At the start of the season, I knew nothing about the piece except that is is dark and powerful, but Mao has helped me realize the music in a deeper way.
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:24 pm

yuki wrote:

The Bells motif is a fire (or for war, disaster) alarm bell, so the tune has the effect of causing feelings like the tension.

And Mao expressed burning passion, desire to escape suffering, anger, fear, and the strength of people who got them over...

She was amazed that Mao and Tatiana made up the music interpretation of Bells perfectly.

Wow, thank you so much Yuki for sharing this insightful post! I commented on Mao's programme before, but maybe not here. At first, it was really mind boggling, with each note, it was much darker and heavier than masquerade. I think the difficult steps was also challenging for Mao so it made it hard for her to reach out to the audience. I felt sad too after CoR, and the thought of doing something that is more vocal(easier to convey to audience) was a pragmatic choice.

However, at the Jap Nationals, everything started to make sense. I felt it was a piece so overwhelming. As if Mao was an (ice) queen, defeated the first time round(her past 'defeats'), but now has the strong desire and determination to conquer the odds against her. It started out slow, as if she was keeping a low profile, slowly gathering her forces, being calm yet strong(3a that seems soo easy!!!). She keeps building up the tension till the climax (which I feel is the around the step seq) and she just gives it all, fighting and pushing her way through.

I feel this piece is very much like Nessun Dorma, where there is this sense of determination, triumph and overcoming the odds. It is certainly very different from Nessun Dorma in terms of style but I feel it is a masterpiece that needs further polishing. The fact that Mao-chan didnt do such genres of music previously also made people belittle the success of the programme. This piece also suits Mao-chan as she is a very personal and expressive skater. At her best, her skating tells a story about herself : her joy (Czardas), her thoughts/feelings (So Deep Is The Night, Fantasia from 08worlds sp) and her determination (Bells). This is her strength and different skaters have their own strengths. (like I feel Yuna, is soo good at characterisation, as you can see from her tango (07 worlds sp), danse macabre & Scheherazade (09worlds ).

But indeed, Bells is a rough diamond. I saw it's sparkle, but many failed to see it. It's a pity as it had soo much potential, but I'm glad at least some of us saw it (: Kudos for Mao-chan being able to do this despite 08-09 season and this being a risky choice.Woot!
Nonetheless, YAYY MAO FOR WINNING GOLD @ WORLDS!! Wub (I'm still soooo happy yeehee! Happy dance Confetti )
Back to top Go down
yuki
Double Axel
Double Axel
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:24 pm

I'm the one who should be thanking you.

I was crying reading this "She keeps building up the tension till the climax (which I feel is the around the step seq) and she just gives it all, fighting and pushing her way through." That's exactly the word I wanted, very word.

I always struggle with frustration because I cannot say anything that I really want to say in English. But thanks to you, I feel good today.
Thank you! Confetti
Back to top Go down
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
sweetdream

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:08 am

Aw, there isnt much you can thank me for! Rather, I thank you for starting me off! Very Happy heheh. I'm happy it made your day, as much as your comment did (: (Another one who admires something about bells) yayee!! Very Happy

I still feel it hasnt met its potential yet, and I have to feel the same for some of the ladies programmes this year.... it isn't their peak (and those scores @-@ so odd. ) nonetheless, i'm proud mao chan found another part of herself! Something to build on mao chan!! (can't wait for next season!! xD)

yuki wrote:
I'm the one who should be thanking you.

I was crying reading this "She keeps building up the tension till the climax (which I feel is the around the step seq) and she just gives it all, fighting and pushing her way through." That's exactly the word I wanted, very word.

I always struggle with frustration because I cannot say anything that I really want to say in English. But thanks to you, I feel good today.
Thank you! Confetti
Back to top Go down
ichiro

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:04 pm

Wow, I never thought about it quite this way before, thank you for sharing that! I agree with you on it being a "rough diamond", I just don't think I've seen its sparkle yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao lp with edit music of Bells   Mao lp with edit music of Bells Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao lp with edit music of Bells
Page 1 of 1