Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters

Go down 
+47
PochinkoPotanko
Abdiel
Ken Himura
inskate
l-spiralmao
chiyori
roma
Mao2012
patknowsbest
clarice
COHK
ddmm
ballerinamao
dangerous_angel_face
KariDebate
MaoChan756
shikure
Okami
swan
zarinaballerina
babayaga
Eris
Jtsmith1
Aibhlin
Artistry
tilitom
clovera
aoi88
Lady_in_black
Figure_skating_love
klarification
sumin
mingming
chapis
maofan93
Spacey
bibi
tkrm7778
cariinm12
coconut
polosatik
☆Genie
Star85
bellarina
MikiAndoFan#1
kawaiimao
tianrushui
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Adelina Sotnikova has just won the SP in a tough event! Besides Liza, she's the one I am most interested out of the Russian juniors. I've read somewhere that her favorite skater is Mao. Wub Hope our Russian members can verify this. I wish her good luck on the LP. Cheering
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:34 am

aoi88 wrote:
Adelina Sotnikova has just won the SP in a tough event! Besides Liza, she's the one I am most interested out of the Russian juniors. I've read somewhere that her favorite skater is Mao. Wub Hope our Russian members can verify this. I wish her good luck on the LP. Cheering
Yep,it's true. Her favorite skater is Mao. sunny
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 12:36 pm

Adelina was just wonderful throughout this event! Yep!

I was so psyched to see another girl go for the 3+3Lo (in her case, the 3Lz+3Lo) and land it...she also didn't rush her programs and choreo, which is always a plus. She already has the second highest SP+FS score on the junior level after Mao, and her PCS is really impressive - having great spring to her jumps didn't hurt, either. Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 12:42 pm

Congrats to Adelina. Woot! She won with such a huge score too. I'm looking forward to the showdown between her and Liza at the JGPF.
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:47 pm

whoa!!!!!! go adelina girl go!!!! that makes adelina 2nd on the list of high scorers right? shell probably break mao's record of 179 ++ soon!!! this season is exciting!!!
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Great Adelina! It was heartbreaking during last season when she was in a slump and people were counting her out... But look at her now!

Although I must admit that as a Mao fan, I feel selfish and I don't want her to break Mao's record. Sorry. Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
Artistry

Artistry

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:08 pm

I have a feeling she may be olympic gold medalist in Sochi. Adelina, that is.
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 4:37 am

Does anyone know the extent of Ovcharova's injuries? Will she be well enough to compete at junior/senior Nationals come December?

She is the one I find most pleasant to watch among the current Russian junior crop and I was so disappointed in not seeing her at the jgp circuit this year. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 5:54 am

Aibhlin wrote:
Does anyone know the extent of Ovcharova's injuries? Will she be well enough to compete at junior/senior Nationals come December?

She is the one I find most pleasant to watch among the current Russian junior crop and I was so disappointed in not seeing her at the jgp circuit this year. Crying or Very sad
I'm not sure, but I asked some knowledgeable people and as soon as they answer I'll let you know. Smile

Adelina LMAO
Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Prylm
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 X999
Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Thank you for the swift reply polosatik. Smile

And that is one very adorable gif. Where did you get it from? Adelina seems to have good humor. Wink

That man posing possessively with Adelina, looks scary as hell. Is it her trainer? He kind of looks like Putin (no offense meant).
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:18 pm

Aibhlin wrote:
Thank you for the swift reply polosatik. Smile

And that is one very adorable gif. Where did you get it from? Adelina seems to have good humor. Wink

That man posing possessively with Adelina, looks scary as hell. Is it her trainer? He kind of looks like Putin (no offense meant).
This is Putin! really! ROTFLMAO And I got the gif from russian forum. Btw one girl told me that Anna is feeling better so maybe we can see her at JR Worlds.
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:33 pm

NO! When was that photo taken?? Shocked

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:48 pm

"Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin hugs figure skater Adelina Sotnikova, 12, as they pose for a picture at a special school for training potential Olympic candidates in Moscow May 7, 2009." This was written under the photo Razz
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:01 pm

So did all of the Russian ladies attend this special school? Is that the reason they've been owning the jgp this year?
Or was it just Adelina? Smile
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Aibhlin wrote:
So did all of the Russian ladies attend this special school? Is that the reason they've been owning the jgp this year?
Or was it just Adelina? Smile
I think Liza didn't attend this school because she's training in Saint-Petersburg. So only figure skaters from Moscow attend it. Smile
Back to top Go down
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm

So it looks like the JGPF is going to be a showdown between Liza and Adelina... do you guys prefer one over the other? I think I need to watch more to decide which one I like more. It seems like Adelina is the clear favorite for most people though.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 6:58 pm

bellarina wrote:
So it looks like the JGPF is going to be a showdown between Liza and Adelina... do you guys prefer one over the other? I think I need to watch more to decide which one I like more. It seems like Adelina is the clear favorite for most people though.
For now, I definitely prefer Adelina's style and choreography. I have a total bias for ladies that go for the +3Lo combo and Adelina is no exception. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jtsmith1

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:12 am

Does anyone have any videos of Liza on the JGP series ? She's my fav !
Back to top Go down
Lady_in_black
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:44 pm

The only video I found is from Brasov, her long program:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkA3Ats4sSA

Here she didn't do her best(I was there, she looked very very nervous even before the music started)

After Brasov, she participated in the russian tests, here are her programs, much better than in Brasov:

SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY64JXdA8mQ

LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-eVdI6FA4Q

I couldn't find any videos from Germany, where she was at her best Sad
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:08 pm

clovera wrote:
bellarina wrote:
For now, I definitely prefer Adelina's style and choreography. I have a total bias for ladies that go for the +3Lo combo and Adelina is no exception. Razz

I think that Liza is my favorite right now but i feel that each of them has equal opportunities! Perhaps I like Liza because I'm a 3A sucker. Still I hope they both do well
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 9:29 am

New article about Liza!

http://worldskating.blogspot.com/2010/10/elizaveta-tuktamisheva-we-have-to.html

She seems so mature for her age. This answer especially stood out for me.

Q: The Russian single lady’s skating (senior) for quite some time has a certain gap. I mean victories at the big competitions. Do you have plans to change this situation?

A: Yes, of course, I have these plans-). Unfortunately my age doesn't allow it yet.

affraid Girl means business! Liza is really the one to look out for in Sochi. Adelina my have more polish now but Liza has pristine technique taught by the one and only Mishin. Once she becomes more polished and consistent, she will become a major threat. Looking at Liza makes me convinced that Mao is making the right decision to fix her technique now. No matter how hard the process may be, it's worth it in the end because she will have to contend with so many potentially strong rivals by Sochi's time.
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:57 pm

New article on Adelina. She mentions that she likes Mao and Miki, although her favorite skaters are all actually male skaters. Interesting! Smile
http://goldenskate.com/articles/2010/020611.shtml
Back to top Go down
Eris

Eris

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:56 pm

I write short stories about those Russian girls who got (or will definetely get) JGP. http://eris27.tumblr.com/tagged/2011_Russian_JGP_contenders_%28ladies%29
Maybe it'll be interesting for you. Smile

Considering Poland assignments I should write about Kristina Zaseeva, so post about her will be up soon.
Back to top Go down
babayaga
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
babayaga

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:31 pm

Thanks Eris! The Russian forum people say that the test skates for single skaters are this week, in particular Polina Agafonova will be there. Pretty soon we will find out what form she is in!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters   Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Russian Ladies figure skaters
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next