Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next lady star from Japan?!

Go down 
+12
bibi
chineseteacup
kitkat00
klarification
huagon
Aibhlin
mingming
clovera
coconut
MikiAndoFan#1
alyssa
☆Genie
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:31 am

Figure_skating_love wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
Kanako will compete in seniors next season? Yay im happy to hear that! Im already a huge fan of her! She is so charming! Now i really cant wait for the next season! Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_sunny

Neither can I!! Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_cheers
too bad i have no idea when next season start (feels clueless) Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 744699

I think, at the end of october?Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_surprised
Depends on which GP she will attent!
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:13 am

Haidogirl wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:
Kanako will compete in seniors next season? Yay im happy to hear that! Im already a huge fan of her! She is so charming! Now i really cant wait for the next season! Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_sunny

too bad i have no idea when next season start (feels clueless) Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 744699

I think, at the end of october?Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_surprised

I can't wait! That will make my birthday month all the much sweeter
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:05 am

Haidogirl wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

I can't wait! That will make my birthday month all the much sweeter

I wonder if they maybe will send her to the Japan Open or World Team Trophy or whatever it calls this year!
When is that, btw? Wasnt it april last year? cat
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
I wonder if they maybe will send her to the Japan Open or World Team Trophy or whatever it calls this year!

I think World Team Trophy happens every two years. Not sure about Japan Open, though Razz.
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:02 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

I think World Team Trophy happens every two years. Not sure about Japan Open, though Razz.

If i'm not mistaken Yuzuru will be competing on senior level next year as well right?
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 6:21 am

chineseteacup wrote:
Haidogirl wrote:

JOP used to happen at the end of the season, but they changed it because of WTT, correct me if I'm wrong.

That could be a good idea to send Kanano-chan and Yuzuru to those minor events so they can gather some experience in the senior level.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
MOACHANTHEBEST
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:11 pm

I believe that kanako will be the next generation super star along with Yuzuru. But I am a bit concerned about her jumping technique. She has a slight mule-kick type of technique. It is not as bad as Caroline Zhang's but I hope that is not going to harm her later on especially in senior circuit. She also tends to flutz, too and that could be damaging as well. If she has to go against those up-coming russian girls, she really needs to perfect everything she's got.
Back to top Go down
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:28 am

Personally I'm not really concerned about the Russian girls as seniors yet, there are loads of promising girls but it seems like Russia has had a history of promising juniors who've fizzled out and become no big deal whereas most of the most promising Japanese juniors have grown to have really good careers. So for now I'm only worried about the Russians on a junior level, we'll see in a few years when the youngest ones (who are supposedly the best) are ready to move to seniors and see how they're doing then. But I do agree that Kanako needs to work on her technique to be successful as a senior.
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:47 pm

MOACHANTHEBEST wrote:
I believe that kanako will be the next generation super star along with Yuzuru. But I am a bit concerned about her jumping technique. She has a slight mule-kick type of technique. It is not as bad as Caroline Zhang's but I hope that is not going to harm her later on especially in senior circuit. She also tends to flutz, too and that could be damaging as well. If she has to go against those up-coming russian girls, she really needs to perfect everything she's got.

I'm 100% for Kanako, i've been watching her closely and i took time out of my schedule to watch the Junior Worlds in which Kanako was excellent. I think that once Mao, Yuna and Miki have retired we can look forward to seeing Kanako taking the podium as a regular thing, battling perhaps against Mirai? Love
Back to top Go down
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Bumping this three month old thread Very Happy

I think another Japanese lady to look out for in the future is going to be Satoko Miyahara. She placed 4th in novice and junior nationals last year. There was a competition this weekend for students 9th grade and younger and she scored an 89.63 with a novice program! That was the highest score in the whole competition. She landed a clean lutz and a 2A-3T! She's only 12 so she's not able to do the JGP this year. I wonder if she'll be able to get a 3-3 by next season...

Last edited by kitkat00 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:21 pm

I saw the news @GoldenSkate!

Here are the results from the competitions:

Junior ladies 7-8th class (FS only)
1 Kako Tomotaki 76.63 42.23 34.40 0.0
2 Miyabi Oba 73.19 42.59 33.60 3.0
3 Saya Suzuki 70.91 36.79 35.12 1.0
4 Miyu Nakashio 70.61 38.13 32.48 0.0
5 Ayana Yasuhara 67.72 35.44 33.28 1.0
http://www.skatingjapan.jp/local/2010-2011/fs/26/01_ijs/data0105.pdf

Junior ladies 6th class (FS only)
1 Ayaka Osamura 75.27 41.19 34.08 0.0
2 Ibuki Mori 74.25 38.37 36.88 1.0
3 Mai Hirono 72.16 39.84 32.32 0.0
http://www.skatingjapan.jp/local/2010-2011/fs/26/01_ijs/data0305.pdf

Novice A ladies (FS only)
1 Satoko Miyahara 89.63 52.67 36.96 0.0
2 Riona Kato 72.59 38.43 34.16 0.0
3 Hinano Isobe 35.07 31.12 0.0
4 Akari Katagiri 65.55 34.67 30.88 0.0
http://www.skatingjapan.jp/local/2010-2011/fs/26/01_ijs/data0505.pdf

Miyahara was definitely VERY impressive - she landed a full set of triples with no edge calls and a combo ending in 3T (2A-3T). She landed 6 clean triples and two double axels. That would be competetive with seniors! The senior ladies have actually more jumping passes than Satoko's novice program had, and they still rarely manage to incluse as many triples and 2As. This year's World bronze medalist had 3 clean triples...

I hope Satako doesn't lose her jumps as she grows up! Smile

Tomotaki also looks promising, some DGs and an edge call of Lutz, but she attempted a full set of triples. And Oba rotated 2A-3L, even though she fell. Smile
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:46 pm

inskate wrote:
And Oba rotated 2A-3L, even though she fell. Smile[/color]
It's a shame too, because according to reports she was landing both the 2A-3L as well as the 2A-3T during the warm-up. Yep!
I'm surprised to not see Risa Shouji in this event...come to think of it, she's probably one of the few upcoming Japanese girls that didn't participate in any of the summer competitions. Hmm.

JGP starts next week! Cheering

Last edited by clovera on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:49 pm

It's probably because this was a Kansai competition and the girls who participated came from around there. She's from Tokyo.
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:00 pm

kitkat00 wrote:
It's probably because this was a Kansai competition and the girls who participated came from around there. She's from Tokyo.
Exclamation

You're right - she's part of the Higashifumi FSC which is right smack in the Tokyo area. What was I thinking? La la la... Faint2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Next lady star from Japan?! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next lady star from Japan?!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2