Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Only 10% of the judges are honest !!!

Go down 
+5
MikiAndoFan#1
Aibhlin
alyssa
josling
ddmm
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

Only 10% of the judges are honest !!! Empty
PostSubject: Only 10% of the judges are honest !!!   Only 10% of the judges are honest !!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 7:38 am

Last edited by Oscilla on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To fix the title ;))
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
josling

PostSubject: Re: Only 10% of the judges are honest !!!   Only 10% of the judges are honest !!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 7:52 am

ddmm wrote:
http://figureskate.wordpress.com/2010/03/08/patrick-ibens-interview/ affraid

oh, I wanted to post this currently! lol!

and there you can see that you should never trust the judges... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Only 10% of the judges are honest !!!   Only 10% of the judges are honest !!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:02 am

Fantastic interview! Loved it!

Also loved how he praised Dai. For me, he would be the incontestable champion, had he landed all his jumps. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Only 10% of the judges are honest !!!   Only 10% of the judges are honest !!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:46 am

Yes, loved that part when he was asked about Plushy or Evan ? and he still replied Daisuke !!! Althought I felt that he really likes Daisuke, was it also his way not to comment on Plushy vs Evan matter ?

I think this guy's being really honest. Judges are not really judging the skaters, everything is about money, their job and reputations. A skating federation and ISU can MANIPULATE the scores.
I wonder what 50 has to say about this .

Last edited by ddmm on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Only 10% of the judges are honest !!!   Only 10% of the judges are honest !!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:19 am

Boy, did this person have a lot to spill... Shocked

Then again, it does not come as a surprise to most of us who have been watching figure skating for a while...
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Only 10% of the judges are honest !!!   Only 10% of the judges are honest !!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:51 am

Aibhlin wrote:
Boy, did this person have a lot to spill... Shocked

Then again, it does not come as a surprise to most of us who have been watching figure skating for a while...

Yes and No. It's still surprising and feels good to finally hear someone talking honestly about what's happening on the panel side. Did any judge, after SLC 2002, came out to say that things are not done fairly and gave specific explanations ? Can I hope that things will change for the sake of the skaters ?
Back to top Go down
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Only 10% of the judges are honest !!!   Only 10% of the judges are honest !!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:00 am

ddmm wrote:

Yes and No. It's still surprising and feels good to finally hear someone talking honestly about what's happening on the panel side. Did any judge, after SLC 2002, came out to say that things are not done fairly and gave specific explanations ? Can I hope that things will change for the sake of the skaters ?

Sometimes I think the best thing for the sport would be if judges were supported and ordained only by the ISU and not by the national federations. Unfortunately I think that scenario has a slim chance of happening.
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Only 10% of the judges are honest !!!   Only 10% of the judges are honest !!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Shame, shame, shame!

Disappointed
Back to top Go down
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
☆Genie

PostSubject: Re: Only 10% of the judges are honest !!!   Only 10% of the judges are honest !!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:44 pm

I still thought YuNa deserved the gold. But there needs to be changes in the CoP .
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Only 10% of the judges are honest !!!   Only 10% of the judges are honest !!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:52 pm

I don't think it's just only 10% of the judges are honest. I also think that the judges make a lot of mistakes, bad judgements, oversites, and sometimes plain just don't know how to do their job.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Only 10% of the judges are honest !!!   Only 10% of the judges are honest !!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:25 pm

http://savannahspage.com/2010/03/i_hate_figure_skating_now_1.html

Hey guys, I came upon this blog post. The author's comments are a bit overblown but she does make some good points. I felt happy to see that this blogger acknowledges Mao's performance as "emotional and fluid." I see many people (including myself sometimes Sweatdrop ) trying to understand the judging system in order to understand the scores. But the bottomline is figure skating judging has always been subjective. Essentially, performances are being judged and personal tastes will influence the scores. One can argue that it comes down to the quality of jumps, but I feel even in that aspect it is quite subjective, because skaters jump differently. Some skaters won't jump as high or fly across the ice as others; yet their jumps are smooth and have graceful landings. However, the system only seems to reward one type of jumper. In my opinion, the old system seemed to better accomodate different types of jumpers.
Back to top Go down
MOACHANTHEBEST
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Only 10% of the judges are honest !!!   Only 10% of the judges are honest !!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:42 pm

No matter how you look at it, this is a subjective sports. I sometimes go to the internastional piano competition and I do not always agree with the result. But politics plays a big role behind the scene and there is nothing you can do about it. The same thing seems to happen in skating, too. They can decide who want to be a winner and they will try as hard as they can to make people believe that a certain skater is far better than anyone. They almost brainwash you to believe in certain way especially if you really do not know the sports itself. I am glad that this judge is honest and he is not afraid of anything.
I do not think it is possible to have a fair judging in skating, or music competition or art contest. It is all about money and politics behind it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Only 10% of the judges are honest !!!   Only 10% of the judges are honest !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Only 10% of the judges are honest !!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: General News-
Jump to: