Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yuzuru Hanyu

Go down 
+35
bibi
silenceisgolden
inskate
polosatik
ElleluvsL
ballerinamao
roma
babayaga
shikure
koala_lover
purplemaze
sweetdream
Haidogirl
Alokya
zarinaballerina
Abdiel
4u4a
princessinpink
FatiniAdlina
chelseamarie
ddmm
Mia
klarification
kaarolcia
Figure_skating_love
Spacey
MaoMaoRevolution
MOACHANTHEBEST
☆Genie
MikiAndoFan#1
clovera
PochinkoPotanko
chiyori
kawaiimao
kirakira
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:24 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
Thanks for posting it inskate.

I don't know what to make of this program, I'll wait to see it on grand prix, but for now I'm not liking it. Do you by any chance know who choreographed his sp (David, or Kurt)?

IIRC his SP was choreographed by Jeff, EX - by Kurt. I think it's still a work in progress, though. Recently it was posted on Twitter that Brian Orser was really happy with Yuzuru's jumps, but not at all with his skating skills and wanted Yuzuru to go back to basics. I think that as Yuzuru's SS improve, the program will be adjusted (the advantage of having a choreographer live close to the place where the skater trains! Wink ).

I agree with you Asya that right now this music would be more suitable to Daisuke, who is more of a "dancer" than Yuzuru and excells at intricate footwork. But choosing this music might actually turn out beneficial for Hanyu - he will be forced to improve to really make the program work, he can no longer just depend on the bombastic music to make the crowd go crazy. Plus, I'm pretty sure he'd like to have his Olympic programs choreographed in the style he feels the most comfortable with, and if he stuck with the same type of programs the fans (and maybe the judges as well) would be complaining that he's just a one note skater. Smile

This will be a nerve-wrecking season... Never have I wanted Japan to have 4 World berths for the men... And maybe 2 more for Machida and Mura... Bawling
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:35 pm

In the case of improvement ,it's a very good choice. May be we all just too used to see him skating to powerful or lyrical music.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:35 pm

inskate wrote:

IIRC his SP was choreographed by Jeff, EX - by Kurt. I think it's still a work in progress, though. Recently it was posted on Twitter that Brian Orser was really happy with Yuzuru's jumps, but not at all with his skating skills and wanted Yuzuru to go back to basics. I think that as Yuzuru's SS improve, the program will be adjusted (the advantage of having a choreographer live close to the place where the skater trains! Wink ).

I agree with you Asya that right now this music would be more suitable to Daisuke, who is more of a "dancer" than Yuzuru and excells at intricate footwork. But choosing this music might actually turn out beneficial for Hanyu - he will be forced to improve to really make the program work, he can no longer just depend on the bombastic music to make the crowd go crazy. Plus, I'm pretty sure he'd like to have his Olympic programs choreographed in the style he feels the most comfortable with, and if he stuck with the same type of programs the fans (and maybe the judges as well) would be complaining that he's just a one note skater. Smile

This will be a nerve-wrecking season... Never have I wanted Japan to have 4 World berths for the men... And maybe 2 more for Machida and Mura... Bawling

Thanks for answering.
I heard about Brian complaining about Yuzu's SS as well. I agree, if Yuzu wants to medal in Sochi (I don't think he's quite ready for the gold yet, 2018 is more likely IMO), he needs to be better in this department since Patrick is amazing at those, not to mention Taka. And with Dai's amazing performance ability, Yuzu doesn't have any choice but to improve.
I agree with you, I want 4 berths form men and women. If Miki finds her old form, someone (and I'm affraid it's Akiko) is going to be left off the team.
Has Yuzu announced his music for LP yet?

polosatik wrote:

In the case of improvement ,it's a very good choice. May be we all just too used to see him skating to powerful or lyrical music.

THIS, and like to you, this type of programs screams Daisuke to me as well, so I think we'll need to get use to it. Hopefully, it's going to be a perfect match for Yuzu.
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 3:31 am

From "Fantasy on Ice" rehearsal in Fukui today.

http://twitter.com/fukui_tv/status/241442009670377473/photo/1/large

I wounder if this costume is for his new FS "Notre Dame de Paris"
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 12:09 pm

OMG he's skating to Notre Dame? I love this musical! Love Hearts Many Hearts

Thanks for the pic.
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:37 pm

I've been waiting for someone to skate to Notre Dame!

And like all of you, I'm on the fence with Yuzuru's Mariposa SP. It doesn't look like a fit for Yuzuru, then again that's what I said about Bells and it grew on me. He really needs to improve on his basics and his musicality. I don't really feel any dislike for Orser now, despite the fact that he mentioned that a famous female skater whose name would not be revealed approached him with an offer after his nasty split with Yuna. Who, me? But hey, everyone deserves second chances. If he's the man who could help Yuzuru improve and win a medal for Sochi, why not?
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:40 am

klarification wrote:
I don't really feel any dislike for Orser now, despite the fact that he mentioned that a famous female skater whose name would not be revealed approached him with an offer after his nasty split with Yuna. Who, me?

To be fair to him, he rather quickly explained in an interview (on Canadian TV) that the whole situation was a misunderstanding and neither Mao, nor any other Japanese skater approached him with any offer. The obsessive Korean media just didn't listen...
Personally I think that some Japanese journalist or official hypothetically asked Orser whether he'd like to work with Mao or Japanese skaters in general (as it often happens, I remember some former skaters, like Alexei Yagudin, being asked by Japanese press whom they'd like to coach, even if they weren't actually coaches Sweatdrop ) and the obsessed media/fans made a sensation out of that... It shows how crazy the media are. Laugh By now, when we know why Mao didn't want to leave Japan, the situation's nothing but silly.

(Although I still am not fond of some of Orser's strategies as a coach, but that's a different story. Laugh Still, he's quite young for a coach and hopefully he improves all the time. Nobody's perfect right from the beginning. Smile I hope he and Yuzuru have a successful working relationship.)
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:01 am

inskate wrote:
klarification wrote:
I don't really feel any dislike for Orser now, despite the fact that he mentioned that a famous female skater whose name would not be revealed approached him with an offer after his nasty split with Yuna. Who, me?

To be fair to him, he rather quickly explained in an interview (on Canadian TV) that the whole situation was a misunderstanding and neither Mao, nor any other Japanese skater approached him with any offer. The obsessive Korean media just didn't listen...
Personally I think that some Japanese journalist or official hypothetically asked Orser whether he'd like to work with Mao or Japanese skaters in general (as it often happens, I remember some former skaters, like Alexei Yagudin, being asked by Japanese press whom they'd like to coach, even if they weren't actually coaches Sweatdrop ) and the obsessed media/fans made a sensation out of that... It shows how crazy the media are. Laugh By now, when we know why Mao didn't want to leave Japan, the situation's nothing but silly.

(Although I still am not fond of some of Orser's strategies as a coach, but that's a different story. Laugh Still, he's quite young for a coach and hopefully he improves all the time. Nobody's perfect right from the beginning. Smile I hope he and Yuzuru have a successful working relationship.)

inskate, I couldn't agree more.

I thought it was Yuna's former agency that first "released" this (Mao approaching Orser) news to korean media, I could be wrong though, it's been two years... I like Orser as a coach, I think he's a good coach for those who are willing to work hard, but being a coach to a japanese skater (especially a talented one such as Yuzu) sure comes with a lot of pressure. i hope Yuzu and Orser are going to have many successful seasons togerther. cheers

Now if only we could kick Chan off the podium and have an all japanese men podium at worlds, that would be awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
silenceisgolden

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:36 am

They say his costume I mentioned earlier is for another program
using a theme song from NHK TV drama choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto
and Yuzu is going to perform it again as Ex at NHK Trophy.

It seems the one for" Notre Dame de Paris" is a ruffled shirt
with many colorful beads (or somethng like that).
Back to top Go down
ElleluvsL
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
ElleluvsL

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:32 am

Yuzu just won Finlandia Trophy with a final score of 248.13 Woot!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:53 am

ElleluvsL wrote:
Yuzu just won Finlandia Trophy with a final score of 248.13 Woot!

Great news! cheers I've seen his short program, I must admit it's growing on me.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:22 pm

Here is Yuzu's LP, poor thing is completely exhausted by the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPky2ZHQLgw&feature=channel&list=UL

And here is his SP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFBk1ujPhVA&feature=plcp

This is off topic, but I adore Javi's Charlie Chaplin LP Love Hearts If he'll learn to spin properly he's going to be in the mix for world and olympic medals.
Back to top Go down
Abdiel
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:24 am

Considering his ankle injury and that it's the start of the season, these cons are normal. I think he did really great!

The SP was like an echo of Dai's LP last season, while the LP was like Mao's Bells of Moscow program. I'm not so sure about the LP though; it lacked something, like Hanyu-kun was focusing on his elements or on his injury. Anyway, I'm sure there's time for him to improve and get better.

Meanwhile, in the same comp... Javi's programs were :3. Nice to see his latin side shine through, and I wonder what would have happened if Nobu and Javi had a battle of Chaplin programs....
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:08 am

Congrats to Yuzuru! This is another good news for Team Japan winning in various competitions: Nebelhorn, Finlandia, Ondrej and JO! Gosh, Japanese Nationals will be even more nail-biter than previous years!
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Thank you for the links to Yuzu's programs.

OMG! what an end to his LP !!! do you guys know if he's stamina problem is due to his asthma ? is it just the lack of training to gain more stamina? I've noticed that every year, by the second half of the program, he's always exausted and that causes him to pop his jump, fall on the steps or have a terrible spins. His bielman also turn out to be ?? He also likes to bend his back and looks like he always look down the ice. If he an overcome this 'stamina' problem, it would be much better. As a fan of Yuzu, it becomes even painful to watch him skate.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:47 pm

ddmm wrote:

OMG! what an end to his LP !!! do you guys know if he's stamina problem is due to his asthma ? is it just the lack of training to gain more stamina? I've noticed that every year, by the second half of the program, he's always exausted and that causes him to pop his jump, fall on the steps or have a terrible spins. His bielman also turn out to be ?? He also likes to bend his back and looks like he always look down the ice. If he an overcome this 'stamina' problem, it would be much better. As a fan of Yuzu, it becomes even painful to watch him skate.
At the morning practice he was jumping like crazy and by the start of his run through he could barely breathe, I think he is overworking himself. He fell on his every jump in warm up and it was terrible and painful falls, we were so afraid for him! ut when he delivered the whole place went crazy, but it's just a Fin Trophy he should be more careful! In the hotel he looked tired though he tried to smile to us, but poor baby barely walked and didn't stay with team Orser to celebrate the victory.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 2:23 pm

polosatik wrote:

At the morning practice he was jumping like crazy and by the start of his run through he could barely breathe, I think he is overworking himself. He fell on his every jump in warm up and it was terrible and painful falls, we were so afraid for him! ut when he delivered the whole place went crazy, but it's just a Fin Trophy he should be more careful! In the hotel he looked tired though he tried to smile to us, but poor baby barely walked and didn't stay with team Orser to celebrate the victory.

I've seen his LP practice on youtube, man those were some nasty falls. Orser better be careful with the way Yuzu is training or there are going to be some serious injuries. I remember him saying (when he was coaching Yuna) that sometimes less is more, so I hope he'll put this into practice with Yuzu. However if Yuzu's personality is like Mao's (never took a day off, practiced in secret) then I feel for Brian, because in this case there's nothing he can do (imo).

OT: polosatik, how was Yulia? She got a big score, is there any improvement from last year?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 2:48 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
polosatik wrote:

I've seen his LP practice on youtube, man those were some nasty falls. Orser better be careful with the way Yuzu is training or there are going to be some serious injuries. I remember him saying (when he was coaching Yuna) that sometimes less is more, so I hope he'll put this into practice with Yuzu. However if Yuzu's personality is like Mao's (never took a day off, practiced in secret) then I feel for Brian, because in this case there's nothing he can do (imo).

OT: polosatik, how was Yulia? She got a big score, is there any improvement from last year?
I didn't like Yulia at all, her jumps are terrible I don't how she able to land them. I don't know why she got such a huge score.Caroline Zhang in her 14s,just the same. She had good spins and that's all. She has no musicality, jump skate ,jump,spin.. She has quite bad practice this morning, but her jumps were so tiny and she popped some them and fell 1 time. Kiira was lovely but that's all, LP was as always. I hoped Mirai could do something but no Sad Still she has the best potential from these ladies to me.
And Yuzu, oh I think he's absolutely like Mao, super hardworker. I hope Brian could teach him to take care of his health. I really worry about him.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:23 pm

polosatik wrote:

I didn't like Yulia at all, her jumps are terrible I don't how she able to land them. I don't know why she got such a huge score.Caroline Zhang in her 14s,just the same. She had good spins and that's all. She has no musicality, jump skate ,jump,spin.. She has quite bad practice this morning, but her jumps were so tiny and she popped some them and fell 1 time. Kiira was lovely but that's all, LP was as always. I hoped Mirai could do something but no Sad Still she has the best potential from these ladies to me.
And Yuzu, oh I think he's absolutely like Mao, super hardworker. I hope Brian could teach him to take care of his health. I really worry about him.

Oh, when I saw the score (haven't watched the program yet) I was hoping there was some major improvement. She sure got a huge score if her jumps were tiny. scratch This was a B competition, so I hope judges at GP will score her more fairly.

I was affraid of Yuzu being like Mao, he's very fragile (at least he looks like this to me), it would be a big shame and tragedy if he seriously injured himself so close to Sotchi. Hopefully, Brian will make him (and JSF officials) see reason.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 12:18 am

polosatik wrote:
ddmm wrote:

OMG !he shouldn't overwork that much !
I hope Orser can guide him how to control himself. He's also very thin so it looks very painful.
BTW, it's been a long while since I last saw Orser on screen.
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
ddmm

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbzWsbjE1Ns

This video shows how Yuzuru is training with Orser. He said he chose to train with Orser because he wanted to master 2 kinds of quad. Looking at Finlandia, I think Yuzu did the right choice to move to Canada. Very impressed.

But I wonder how Javier thinks about this. Is it common that your rival skater has the same coach ?
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:07 am

ddmm wrote:

This video shows how Yuzuru is training with Orser. He said he chose to train with Orser because he wanted to master 2 kinds of quad. Looking at Finlandia, I think Yuzu did the right choice to move to Canada. Very impressed.

But I wonder how Javier thinks about this. Is it common that your rival skater has the same coach ?
At Fin trophy Javier treated Yuzuru like a small brother ,it was very cute! So I think maybe if it was patrick Chan it would not work, but Javier is very warm hearted guy)))
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Did everyone know that Yuzuru got injured during practice and has detachment bone fracture (sprain fracture, chip fracture, cleavage fracture, avulsion fracture...or whatever you call it in Eng)in his right ankle? It seems very diffucult to cure completely, but Yuzuru will go on competiting in this condition. Sad

I knew he had asthma, and that was worrying enough. I'm really worried about his ankle conditon. I think he'll do his best to medal as much as he can this season, but I hope he doesn't over do it and make his condition worser. I hate it when young talented skaters work too hard and get seriously injured and end up retiring too early. No

Still have high hopes for him, but I hope he'll be very careful for the time being! Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:25 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Did everyone know that Yuzuru got injured during practice and has detachment bone fracture (sprain fracture, chip fracture, cleavage fracture, avulsion fracture...or whatever you call it in Eng)in his right ankle? It seems very diffucult to cure completely, but Yuzuru will go on competiting in this condition. Sad

I knew he had asthma, and that was worrying enough. I'm really worried about his ankle conditon. I think he'll do his best to medal as much as he can this season, but I hope he doesn't over do it and make his condition worser. I hate it when young talented skaters work too hard and get seriously injured and end up retiring too early. No

Still have high hopes for him, but I hope he'll be very careful for the time being! Yep, Sadly

What? affraid I knew he sprained his ankle before or during the worlds, but not this. Wouldn't it be better if he took time off to heal? Why risk it and compete now, when the injury can become much worse and it could force him to miss out on Sochi. No

ddmm wrote:

I don't think there will be any problems as long as Brian will give his attention to both of them equaly and not make any favourites.
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
bibi

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:09 pm

polosatik wrote:
ddmm wrote:

At Fin trophy Javier treated Yuzuru like a small brother ,it was very cute! So I think maybe if it was patrick Chan it would not work, but Javier is very warm hearted guy)))
oh please...you could have said it another way. Why bring Patrick Chan in such a negative way just to say that Javier is a nice guy (which a totally approuve!). I've met Patrick twice and each time he was very nice and warm, he stayed to give autographs after every practices and he would not live unless everyone got their autographs. He was smiling and very polite. I just don't get why many people on this forum are so negative about Patrick. You may not like his skating, that's fine. But We can not judge anyone unless we know them personnally. I'm not saying I know him, I don't. but I'm not going to say anything negative about him because I don't know him.
Anyway, I've also met Javier and Yuzu at GPF and they were very sweet too Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yuzuru Hanyu   Yuzuru Hanyu - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yuzuru Hanyu
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next