Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What song are you currently listening to?

Go down 
+22
Cloviece
Luckyone
Okami
MaoChan756
swan
kawaiimao
klarification
europeanfan
dawnsherearequiet
FatiniAdlina
alyssa
F.
Figure_skating_love
summervie
clovera
Star85
chiyori
sofia
MaoMaoRevolution
PochinkoPotanko
MikiAndoFan#1
polosatik
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:19 am

Lately I've been re-exploring the stuff I used to listen to in my childhood, and teens (90's and early 2000s). I must say, I feel very lucky that I got to catch the tail end of the good days when most hit songs were actually good. Whether or not one cares for the productions, and sounds of the eras from then on back, in my opinion, the bare songwriting was overall a whole lot better than what it's been the last few years. The fidelity, and all the cool synth sounds they've got now, mixed with the songwriting from anywhere like, ten years ago, and back (especially the 70's I suppose)?! THAT'S the direction I want music to go. Oh, and let's not forget, I also think that there are less really awesome singers, and players overall the last few years. Sorry to people who like a lot of new stuff!

Some of the new stuff that I have been liking, and listening to a lot lately:
Muse
Shiny Toy Guns
Slash
Lady Antebellum
Burn It to The Ground by Nickleback
Random techno stuff
And I just have to keep listening to this remix I came across a couple weeks ago!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aisJP2SiJiI&playnext_from=TL&videos=9VDBGFwhjWQ
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:45 pm

Star85 wrote:
Lately I've been re-exploring the stuff I used to listen to in my childhood, and teens (90's and early 2000s). I must say, I feel very lucky that I got to catch the tail end of the good days when most hit songs were actually good.
Don't feel sorry, Star! Laugh

I've actually felt this way towards J-Pop for quite some time myself. Of course, it's great that my favorites Utada and Ringo Shiina are still producing quality music (one advantage they both have is that they also compose and arrange the instrumentals of their musical works in addition to writing lyrics) but the general quality of J-Pop - at least those that make it to the top of the Oricon Charts have drastically dropped the last few years. I guess it doesn't help that select Japanese record labels *cough* are adamantly against a cumulative music chart (think Billboard 100), which makes charting trends awfully short-lived and lop-sided. No

That said, the nerdy/otaku side of me is simply thrilled to see anime music like K-On hit #1 on the Oricon charts like it did a few weeks ago. Too sweet!

Back on topic - Nikolai Kapustin's Opus. 40 - #2 Reverie! cat
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:41 pm

clovera wrote:
Star85 wrote:
Lately I've been re-exploring the stuff I used to listen to in my childhood, and teens (90's and early 2000s). I must say, I feel very lucky that I got to catch the tail end of the good days when most hit songs were actually good.
Don't feel sorry, Star! Laugh

I've actually felt this way towards J-Pop for quite some time myself. Of course, it's great that my favorites Utada and Ringo Shiina are still producing quality music (one advantage they both have is that they also compose and arrange the instrumentals of their musical works in addition to writing lyrics) but the general quality of J-Pop - at least those that make it to the top of the Oricon Charts have drastically dropped the last few years. I guess it doesn't help that select Japanese record labels *cough* are adamantly against a cumulative music chart (think Billboard 100), which makes charting trends awfully short-lived and lop-sided. No

That said, the nerdy/otaku side of me is simply thrilled to see anime music like K-On hit #1 on the Oricon charts like it did a few weeks ago. Too sweet!

Back on topic - Nikolai Kapustin's Opus. 40 - #2 Reverie! cat

Yeah, I don't even know what J pop is. Does the J stand for Japanese? Whatever it is, they don't play it here...
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 2:53 pm

Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Are you happy Russia qualified for the Eurovision final, polosatik?

Cheering
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:26 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:

Cheering
YES! Confetti I love our song and Ukrainian song the most! They both not in format of eurovision, I love them! Love
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:17 pm

polosatik wrote:
MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:

Cheering
YES! Confetti I love our song and Ukrainian song the most! They both not in format of eurovision, I love them! Love
Алёша какой-то, прости Господи. Шакира встречает Ирину Билык (и, очевидно, не переживает встречи). А что там у России, Полосатик, "Маша и Медведи"? Smile
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:55 pm

summervie wrote:
polosatik wrote:
MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:

Cheering
Алёша какой-то, прости Господи. Шакира встречает Ирину Билык (и, очевидно, не переживает встречи). А что там у России, Полосатик, "Маша и Медведи"? Smile
Нет, Петя и друзья What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Beee
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
summervie

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:11 am

polosatik wrote:
summervie wrote:
polosatik wrote:
MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:

Cheering
Нет, ну правда, откуда еще узнаешь про новинки российской и, что самое главное, украинской эстрады, как не со страниц любимого трансконтенинтального форума. Sweatdrop
Посмотрел вашего Петю. А что это Леонель Месси выступает за Россию на евровидении? Думаю теперь, что если бы они вместо альоша послали туда Бабкина с гитарой, то вообще всем было бы сильно хорошо. Rolling Eyes
Собственно:

A well-established Ukrainian artist S. Babkin with a song "My Heart" as my personal suggestion for the next eurovision entry from the side of Ukraine. Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0lKTg2rHNY
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:08 am

polosatik wrote:

Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:14 am

summervie wrote:
polosatik wrote:
summervie wrote:
polosatik wrote:
MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:

Cheering
Нет, ну правда, откуда еще узнаешь про новинки российской и, что самое главное, украинской эстрады, как не со страниц любимого трансконтенинтального форума. Sweatdrop
Посмотрел вашего Петю. А что это Леонель Месси выступает за Россию на евровидении? Думаю теперь, что если бы они вместо альоша послали туда Бабкина с гитарой, то вообще всем было бы сильно хорошо. Rolling Eyes
Собственно:

A well-established Ukrainian artist S. Babkin with a song "My Heart" as my personal suggestion for the next eurovision entry from the side of Ukraine. Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0lKTg2rHNY
Чем тебе так бедная Алеша не приглянулась? Посмотрим на результаты Пети, и если они будут хорошими вполне возможно что в следующем году поедет Сережа от Украины clown
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:58 am

Killing joke- The Death and Resurrection Show Rockstar
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:07 am

Lady Gaga- Poker Face Acoustic
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:21 am

Figure_skating_love wrote:
Lady Gaga- Poker Face Acoustic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-vrPNmu1UU Have you heard this? Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:40 pm

Break It by Namie Amuro. It's one of her new singles!

Swoon
Back to top Go down
F.

F.

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:41 pm

i am listening despues de ti que now, but i dunno the artist:D
Hey!! MikiAndoFan!! i love Utada too!!!!
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Katy Perry - Hot 'n cold

What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 16789x2th
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
FatiniAdlina

FatiniAdlina

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:42 pm

Cleopatra Stratan - Numar Pan'La Unu

check it out...the little girl is sooo cute
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:47 pm

Right now I'm listening to 90's dance/techno (Ace of Base, Amber, La Bouche', Real McCoy, etc.). lol. I used to listen to this music a lot when it was new. I still LOVE IT.
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 1:17 pm

Star85 wrote:
Right now I'm listening to 90's dance/techno (Ace of Base, Amber, La Bouche', Real McCoy, etc.). lol. I used to listen to this music a lot when it was new. I still LOVE IT.
When I was little I used listening to Ace of Base. Have never heard about other names sunny
FT Island - 사랑후애 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ekbT4rCAI
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:53 pm

The Meaning of Us by Namie Amuro.

Wub
Back to top Go down
dawnsherearequiet

dawnsherearequiet

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 7:05 am

Last edited by dawnsherearequiet on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:33 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:55 pm

Thank goodness Hikaru still tweets! Yep!
It was almost surreal watching her pre-hiatus concert live on Ustream a month ago. Whirly
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:51 pm

I found this song a few weeks ago, and I kind of got addicted to it! I keep getting it stuck in my head, and wanting to come back and listen to it all the time. You're going to laugh when I tell you what it is Embarassed ... It's a harry potter techno remix. Laugh ROTFLMAO All the other ones I've heard were crap but this one's really good (well if you don't like this kind of music, you may not like it, but if you do, you probably will).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZf1n8HVodQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What song are you currently listening to?   What song are you currently listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What song are you currently listening to?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next