Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Please vote for my song!

Go down 
+5
alyssa
SpecialK
polosatik
MikiAndoFan#1
Star85
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Please vote for my song! Empty
PostSubject: Please vote for my song!   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 2:49 pm

Hey guys. I was hired to sing a theme song for the Rat City Roller Girls, Seattle's roller derby team. The guy who wrote the song did it because he knew a lot of the girls on the team, and he was hoping that they would use it for promotional purposes. It turns out that someone else made one right around the same time as us, without either of us knowing about the other. The team hasn't done anything with either song yet, and may never will, but a radio station decided to make a contest out of it, and have people vote for which one the like best. So if they ever decide to use one of the songs, this contest will probably have a big impact on their decision.

The other song was made by a girl who is an actual announcer for the league. She knows all the people within that community, and has spread the word for them to vote for her. So no matter how good my song is, she has that advantage. Plus, they made the poll one of ones where you can vote over, and over, as many times as you want. So far the poll has been way up, and down in both song's favor. At one point my song had 80%, and now it only has 23! Sad

So please, if you guys would go to this link
http://jackseattle.radio.com/2010/06/03/battle-of-the-bands-you-choose-the-best-one/
And vote for song #2, I would really appreciate it! Oh, and if you have time, you are welcome to take full advantage of the fact that you can vote as many times as you want! geek I think that the poll may only be open until tomorrow.

I don't know why they chose the pic of me that they did. It's an old, outdated one, where I look totally pop, and nice. I have other ones that would go way better with a rocker, roller derby type of theme, but oh well. So now you guys all get to know what I look like! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for my song!   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 2:53 pm

Done! Good luck, Star85!

Cheering
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for my song!   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 2:58 pm

Your version is sooo awesome! And much better then the first one! Shocked Evil or Very Mad I voted!
Back to top Go down
SpecialK

SpecialK

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for my song!   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Voted for your song.... many times Very Happy But it looks like you are agains some stiff competition - not because their version is better (I like yours a lot better) but because of whom it was done by... Evil or Very Mad But I hope you get a lot of votes from this forum and others!

Good luck! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for my song!   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Thanks guys!

Yeah, at this point, it doesn't look like my song is going to win Sad
Every time I bump it up to 23%, it just goes right back down (but strangely never goes farther down than 22%....hm)
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for my song!   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:28 pm

It's weird, Star85, I voted many times and it never got past 22%. Sorry... Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
chiyori

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for my song!   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:37 pm

alyssa wrote:
It's weird, Star85, I voted many times and it never got past 22%. Sorry... Depressed Crying

Same for me... Sad

ETA: I got you up to 24% but they blocked me... Too sweet! I'l spread the word and try to get my friends to vote for you. Good luck!! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for my song!   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 5:12 pm

I have voted a couple of times, but you are still @ 24%. Now I am off to bed.. Sleep sorry..
Even though this poll seems unfair, good luck! Your song is good! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for my song!   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:59 pm

I voted several times, but still behind. Crying or Very sad I always wonder....voting on internet has some tricks? Suspect
But I actually much prefer yours to #1! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for my song!   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks again guys! The song is even farther down now in votes Sad
Just wanted to let you all know something I just noticed: You can download the song if you want to on the link. Just thought I'd let ya know Smile
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Please vote for my song! (New contest)   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 6:16 pm

Hey guys, I have another contest that I need votes for! lol....

This is a national one, so I'm going to have to do a hell of a lot of networking to have any prayer of winning!

http://countryshowdown.com/contestant.php?id=3503

It's a country songwriting contest (yes, I wrote this song myself) - yep, I do country too. I do pretty much every type of music. For this one, you can't vote over, and over. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to vote for me! Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
SpecialK

SpecialK

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for my song!   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:57 am

Done! I'm very impressed - you sound great! Rockstar

Good luck with the contest! Cheering
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for my song!   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:25 pm

Done voting - You're really good, Star85!
Good luck with the contest I love you
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for my song!   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:29 pm

I tried to vote, but couldn't register...because of Zip? Question It's only in US?
Your voice is really beautiful, Star85! Love Hearts There are many talented members in this forum! Happy dance
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for my song!   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:50 pm

Thanks guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for my song!   Please vote for my song! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please vote for my song!
Page 1 of 1