Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Report from Seoul

Go down 
+13
zakkan
Dani-Chan
Star85
freesia
polosatik
mingming
klarification
illani
kirakira
MaoMaoRevolution
PochinkoPotanko
MikiAndoFan#1
~*AAA*~
17 posters
AuthorMessage
~*AAA*~

~*AAA*~

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:58 am

no copying without permission, especially the pics, thanks!】

actually I'm in Beijing now
But I went to Seoul last weekend sunny
I got to see the masquerade, caprice, and Mao's nobody,hahaha
the performance for the first day was not so good, and the second day is ok.But Miki was really great last weekend. Mao must lose some weight. stay away from yakiniku. Twisted Evil

and as they said, the fan service in Korea is soooo good!
There were autograph sessions after both shows, and only Mao attended for both days. When I was waited in line, I heard a mom told her little daughter,"you can shake hands with Mao-chan~" I felt so sweet!(and rememberd to shake hands with Mao ) Korean people really showed their respect and love to Mao last weekend.

Opening, Mao in white
http://w159319.s55.mydiscuz.com/pic/10060502.jpg

Nobody, Mao in red
http://w159319.s55.mydiscuz.com/pic/10060528.jpg

after the show, autograph session
http://w159319.s55.mydiscuz.com/pic/10060508.jpg
http://w159319.s55.mydiscuz.com/pic/10060531.jpg

with yagudin
http://w159319.s55.mydiscuz.com/pic/10060518.jpg

also I met Mao's Korean fans and went to the hotel with them. they prepared a really cute cake for Mao. and we managed to send it to Mao in person. Mao couldn't stop saying "すごい!すごい!”,and mai took pics for Mao and Korean fans~~Maybe Mai will upload the pics soon or later. I hope so because there were no one else took pics then except Mai and the lady together with Mao and Mai....

cute little Mao on the Cake
http://w159319.s55.mydiscuz.com/pic/10060533.jpg

Mao with the Cake
http://w159319.s55.mydiscuz.com/pic/10060535.jpg

I also got Mao's sign on my skating boot~I've been dreaming it since I became a Mao fan. sooooooooooo happy!!really really すごい!

and the most interesting thing is, I gave Mao 3 presents for 3 times. in 2 days, twice in the autograph sessions and once in the hotel. I prepared the first one in China. That's a shower gel and a shower towel, for as I remember, Mao said she'd prefer something for shower or a bag as a present in a interview. hehe . I worte a card and said We will always be expecting a perfect Mao, with heartouching programs.and We will be in Beijing this December,surpporting her!

And the second present is a bunch of flowers, the third one is a CD, Chopin's piano concerto No.1 by Argerich and Abbado. I've been thinking if Mao use the No.1 piano concerto for a program, that would be fantastic. But maybe that's just Mao's choice. I worte in the card as I hope one day Mao will present a program as beautiful as them(chopin, argerich and the piano concerto No.1) and be remembered forever as them.

My English is poor. I hope Mao will understand my words. But even she doesn't, it doesn't matter. I believe we are expecting the same thing!

Last edited by ~*AAA*~ on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:14 am

Thank you so much for sharing your report, ~*AAA*~!

Cheering
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Thank you for your report ~*AAA*~ , I was able to feel the atomosphere of the show and people there from it. I'm considering going to Korean ice shows which Mao's in from now on. The show was real gorgeous with most of the best skaters in the world. I only saw the Korean recorded broadcast, which is only parts of it, but the audience seemed warm and kind. I could also sense that Mao loved being there. Some people in Japan didn't want her to go to Korea for the show, but I thought it was worth it. It seemed the crowd there loved the show, so they deserve as much as anybody to see Mao and Miki and all the others live.

I was also very happy to read about the little girl who wanted to get Mao's autograph, and Korean fans giving her that beautiful cake! The tiny Mao doll on it was just soooo cute! You were lucky to have been there ~*AAA*~, and the skaters there were all lucky to have an audience like you! Many Hearts

PS:Your English isn't poor at all! Yep!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:48 pm

~*AAA*~ THANK YOU!!
Thank you for sharing your pictures as well Very Happy

It's so cool that you and bunch of fans got to meet Mao and give her that adorable cake! Shocked The sculpting was really good (What if they made little Mao figurines like that with all of her costumes? xD ...now I'm just getting off track).
It must have been awesome to go for more than one show, too.

It's so cute how Mao kept saying "すごい!すごい!” I guess she's still amazed how many people appreciate and love her there. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
kirakira

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Thank you for sharing, ~*AAA*~! Love
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:25 pm

Thank you, ~*AAA*~! Aw, that Mao doll on the cake was so cute!!! Wub
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:53 pm

Thank you for the detailed report ~*AAA*~!

It seems like you had a good time there. I'm happy that you got your boots signed~! Also, the gifts you gave her were so thoughtful. I hope that she picks a selection from Chopin because Chopin is my favorite composer!

Mao's Korean fans are also great, and it's nice to know that she has a lot of supporters there despite it being the nation of her rival. For some reason, I want to thank them too for giving our Mao-chan a warm welcome.

And I do not think your English is poor! Wink
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:18 pm

Thankyou for sharing report and pics, ~*AAA*~!
You took pics really well! Mao looks happy with the cake and Korean fans! Many Hearts The Mao doll is so cute! Swoon
They are really dedicated fans! And you too Love
It's pity Mao's condition wasn't so good, she had been to Hawaii for vacation, so she didn't have enough time to prepare for the show...and must have enjoyed Hawaiian foods Too sweet!
But you'll see her in Beijing again! I wish she will be in good condition there Very Happy

I like Chopin's piano concerto No.1 too! And Argerich is one of my favorite pianist queen Hope Mao like it! cheers
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:56 am

Thank you so much for report! sunny But I don't think Mao should lose some weight, she was too thin at the Olympics Sad And as much I love Chopin I hope Mao won't skate to his music again. There are so much great composers in the world, why not to bring something new and fresh? I think skating to Chopin for the third time is kind of strange Razz
Back to top Go down
freesia

freesia

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:21 am

thank you for sharing report ~*AAA*~!!

I love pics! mao look so happy with mao cake. cute Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience! Great pics!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:32 pm

That`s amazing !
Your cake is so cute cat flower
I think you guys are being very harsh on Mao in this off season. She is supposed to gain a little weight and enjoy herself while she is not competing and personally, I don`t fell like she needs to lose any, she looks pretty good. I love you geek
Back to top Go down
zakkan

zakkan

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:52 am

that was great report and pics! thanks AAA! really enjoyed!
i remember korean mao fans made pretty cake at 2008 GPF in Korea.
I wish I could make cakes like that...
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 7:08 am

Mao did the Nobody dance!!! Thanks to my friend (who is a major K-Pop fan), the notion of Mao skating to the Wonder Girls seems so cool!

Thanks for that exciting report, ~*AAA*~! The cake looks absolutely gorgeous, and the little Mao figurine is too cute for words!

I think skaters do embrace the off-season to eat the foods they like, because they're so limited in what they're allowed to eat while competing. I don't personally see Mao as needing to lose any weight, but since I'm no athlete, I can't really comment on what a sportsperson's body should look like. I do think that Mao has a very skilled team of nutritionists looking after her during the competitive season, so no need to be worried! flower
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Mao needs to take the time to enjoy all the foods she wants (to a healthy degree of course)

Since about 30% of my school is Korean I was automatically familiar with "Nobody" and i think that Mao did a great job, as did all the other skaters.

BTW the Mao figurine is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
steve

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:35 am

~*AAA*~ wrote:
no copying without permission, especially the pics, thanks!】

actually I'm in Beijing now
But I went to Seoul last weekend sunny
I got to see the masquerade, caprice, and Mao's nobody,hahaha
the performance for the first day was not so good, and the second day is ok.But Miki was really great last weekend. Mao must lose some weight. stay away from yakiniku. Twisted Evil

!

Actually, I wonder if it's a good idea for Mao to stay at the weight she was at during the Olympics. I remember that Mai said in an interview (that I read on this site), that she was at 7% body fat at the time, and that this might damage her chances of becoming pregnant in the future. Hearing this bothered me a lot. Of course, she must have a top level nutritionist, and they probably monitor things very closely during the skating season, but it still seems to me like they're cutting things pretty close.

And for what? I think, probably for hte triple axel, so that she has the strength to weight ratio to do all the revolutions. Which, under the old rules of scoring, at least, wasn't even worth as much as the 3-3.

Now I love her triple axels, but is it worth it to risk her health like that? Maybe in an Olympic year, for a few months, but is she going to go down to 7% every competition from now until Sochi? Maybe it's easier to fix the Lutz.

Anyway, after hearing about what she went through with the Olympics, I am so happy to hear that she's enjoying her yakiniku. Maybe someday (not too soon, but someday) she can retire, and become a great big, jolly skating coach like Tat. Although if she does, she should maybe move to Russia, since they don't really seem to have fat people at all in Japan.
Back to top Go down
~*AAA*~

~*AAA*~

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:22 am

I doubt whether it is true about the 7% body fat thing.
is there any accurate source?
I saw it first in a Chinese article and someone translated it into English here. But is there any souce in Japanese or any of you know what it is about indeed?

I hope it is not true. and I really doubt whether Mao has to do that to keep the 3A, for she' been doing this ever since she was 12. but, still, I don't know so much about the 3A. really confused.
Back to top Go down
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
sapphiresky

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:06 am

~*AAA*~ wrote:
I saw it first in a Chinese article and someone translated it into English here. But is there any souce in Japanese or any of you know what it is about indeed?

I hope it is not true. and I really doubt whether Mao has to do that to keep the 3A, for she' been doing this ever since she was 12. but, still, I don't know so much about the 3A. really confused.

Yes, she has been doing them since she was 12, but she was also much much lighter then (in terms of body weight). A lot of growth happens between 12 and 19, especially for girls- she had significant increase in height, and went through puberty.
She probably wanted to keep her lightness, and like most figure skaters, tried to control her weight. There's no indication that the 7% body fat thing is accurate, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
Anyway, the main point is that Mao DOES NOT need to lose weight lol...if she did, then most other girls would be considered elephants haha...
But...I respect her decisions, and I'm glad that she's eating all she wants in the off season- she'll lose a lot once she starts her rigorous training schedule anyway.
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:57 am

~*AAA*~ wrote:

This Japanese article says Mao reduced her body fat thing from 10% to 7%.
http://vancouver2010.nikkansports.com/figure/news/p-sp-tp0-20100227-600550.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Report from Seoul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report from Seoul   Report from Seoul Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Report from Seoul
Page 1 of 1