Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miki Ando

Go down 
+51
haruka25
Abdiel
skating_fanatic
Afsfan
Spacey
jkblues
let`s talk
Alokya
4u4a
zarinaballerina
MaoChan756
shikure
Okami
swan
periperi
ddmm
sapphiresky
Batsuchan
Cloviece
skfan
klarification
bibi
theicemarks
apple4me
babayaga
maofan93
bellarina
Haidogirl
gurami
ballerinamao
Figure_skating_love
polosatik
europeanfan
tilitom
iceskatingfan
Star85
BowbowDaijin
PochinkoPotanko
alyssa
Dani-Chan
chapis
chiyori
linglang
MikiAndoFan#1
roma
clovera
itsonlykat
zakkan
inskate
coconut
mingming
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:59 pm

roma wrote:
shikure wrote:
roma wrote:
Anybody knows what maybe wrong with Miki? Her recent tweets seem like she's really frustrated. https://twitter.com/#!/181712

I think that is related to GPS assignment thing. I saw that ISU required skaters to sign declaration for GPS participation.
she talked something similar when she announced she skipped 2011~2012 season. she thought she wants to have life as a woman and not only a life as a skater.
her original plan is submit the participation form for GPS then if she feels not so right when she is doing her short-program, she may still withdrawal from the assignment.
but now sounds like ISU wants to kidnap all skaters and don't let them withdraw from competitions.--> they should just change the headcount of participants from 10 back to 12.

In addition, based on 2012~2013 schedule, there is a competition called "Medal Winners Open" as of October 5, 2012.
That is invitation only event and Miki may get some pressure from ISU and JSF for participate some of competitions.
hope she will feel better soon.

Returning to competitive skating must be really, really heavy on Miki's part. Just read her recent tweets, as well as, Daisuke Murakami's replies on twitter. She sounds so lost... Depressed Crying

I like Dice's answer a lot about the passion for skating and Miki needs to find that in the competitions too not only in the shows.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:36 am

shikure wrote:
roma wrote:

Returning to competitive skating must be really, really heavy on Miki's part. Just read her recent tweets, as well as, Daisuke Murakami's replies on twitter. She sounds so lost... Depressed Crying

I like Dice's answer a lot about the passion for skating and Miki needs to find that in the competitions too not only in the shows.

I agree, but if she doesn't find it, I hope she'll retire (regardless if JSF aagrees or not) and just do the shows.
Reading her tweets made me really sad, no one should be forced doing anything they don't want.

Has she announced who her coach is?
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 7:08 pm

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20120705-OHT1T00004.htm
finally, she said her goal this year is gold medal of Grand Prix final!!!
she got her SP done in Switzerland but no sign of who her coach is.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 3:45 am

well that sounds like she has gotten her multivation back!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 2:37 pm

That's great to hear, though I wish Mao will win GPF (and other titles this season). Wink
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 12:42 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
That's great to hear, though I wish Mao will win GPF (and other titles this season). Wink

Miki Ando - Page 8 92512
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 1:11 am

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20121009-00000017-kyodo_sp-spo.html

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/headlines/20121009-00000031-dal-spo.html

Miki decided to withdraw from GPS due to both physical and mental are not ready. one of reason is she doesn't have coach yet.
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 1:29 am

oh, well I kind of saw this one coming, hope she is ready by the time 4cc beginns...
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 am

That's too bad. They can still assign her spot to another skater, right? I hope she finds a coach soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casualdoodles.com
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 12:05 pm

I'm not surprised that this happened to be honest, she sounded really depressed during summer. I'm just surprised it took her this long to decide.
There was a talk that the returning skaters had to sign a contract with ISU, ensuring that they will show up at GP. I wonder if there will be any consequences. scratch

roma I don't think there should be any problems assigning other skaters to Miki's spots. She was assigned to CoC and TEB, so there is still enough time.
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:33 pm

Miki has commented in an interview article that she will retire after next season. Says she's planning to enter one or some competitions then, but won't aim for Sochi. Sad

http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20121010-1030427.html

If that's what she wants, I have no complaints...but I think she's still depressed and stuff so not sure if this was the right time to make such an important decision. But once she finds a new coach and starts practicing and entering competitions next season, I think there's still a chance that she might change her mind and try out for one last Olys. Question

Akiko is 27 and she's already been proving that you can still compete at top level at that age, so personally I can't help thinking that Miki making a retirement statement now is a bit too early. I wish she'd make choices like this when she's in good mental state. No
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Mao2012
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Mao2012

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 5:07 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
I'm not surprised that this happened to be honest, she sounded really depressed during summer. I'm just surprised it took her this long to decide.
There was a talk that the returning skaters had to sign a contract with ISU, ensuring that they will show up at GP. I wonder if there will be any consequences. scratch

roma I don't think there should be any problems assigning other skaters to Miki's spots. She was assigned to CoC and TEB, so there is still enough time.
I hope Mirai will get another GP assignment!! I'm sad for Miki, but I think that the best thing for her is to retire: she's a wonderful skater, and she has accomplished the best she could (I think): national titles, 4CC title, world titles, I don't think that, even if she comes back in good shape, she can be a serious contender against Mao, Yu-Na or the Russians without 3-3 or 7 triples... I don't think she would have the real chance of an Olympic medal, the best she could do would be (I think) placing in the top 6 in Sochi. And we all had the feeling she doesn't have enough motivation... What's the point of competing if this is the situation?
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 5:31 am

I feel really sad about her announcement I think that she still is capable of delivering, it all now depends on whether her new couch is able to give her, her motivation back and maybe be able to fill the empty whole that Morosov has createt.
damn what makes me so angry about it, that I from the beginning was sooo happy that she left morozov because i think she is capable of more, when it comes to her programs and because i think he generally is a bad influence to her.

If she really doesn't want to compete, i think she took the right decision, but this is too sudden, and i don't think she herself would feel satisfied with leaving in this way!
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 8:39 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Miki has commented in an interview article that she will retire after next season. Says she's planning to enter one or some competitions then, but won't aim for Sochi. Sad

http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20121010-1030427.html

If that's what she wants, I have no complaints...but I think she's still depressed and stuff so not sure if this was the right time to make such an important decision. But once she finds a new coach and starts practicing and entering competitions next season, I think there's still a chance that she might change her mind and try out for one last Olys. Question

Akiko is 27 and she's already been proving that you can still compete at top level at that age, so personally I can't help thinking that Miki making a retirement statement now is a bit too early. I wish she'd make choices like this when she's in good mental state. No

I did not see this coming. I was sure she's either going to retire now, or after Sochi, not right before the olympic season. I don't know why she even wanted to return, because in her tweets during the summer she sounded downright miserable and depressed.
Back to top Go down
shikure
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
shikure

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:16 pm

If you follow her official FB page, the interview was sort of twisted by the media.
She said she trained every day for the new season then she didn't say something for not aim for sochi, it's more likely now it's not the moment to think about Sochi. Because she withdraw from GPS then she didn't participate sectional earlier this month then she is not qualify to nationals--> which means she can't make to worlds team. so when next season she wants to return to competition, she needs to participate at least one ISU competition to get back to the whole system. (to me, JSF thought they have tons of talent and I am afraid they won't assign her any Sad )
her announcement is saying she wants to do thing 100% and she did try to get back but now, she can't.

In addition, I saw (sorry i can't remember which article) she said Morokov told her he can't coach her anymore from this season by March then she needed to sign the form for GPS by May. I think that was why she was so depressed. I am sad about the whole situation that she has skills in place and starts to have more feelings to program then she just can't have a happy ending for her career. hope she can return then with the ending she is happy with but not like this.
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 2:32 am

shikure wrote:

In addition, I saw (sorry i can't remember which article) she said Morokov told her he can't coach her anymore from this season by March then she needed to sign the form for GPS by May. I think that was why she was so depressed. I am sad about the whole situation that she has skills in place and starts to have more feelings to program then she just can't have a happy ending for her career. hope she can return then with the ending she is happy with but not like this.

Whoa! So it's Morozov who dumped (coaching-wise) her? If he did because he needed to concentrate on the Russian talents it would've been ok. But he offered himself to Dai. That is not good! Bad idea! No wonder Miki is depressed.
Back to top Go down
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:45 am

roma wrote:
shikure wrote:

Whoa! So it's Morozov who dumped (coaching-wise) her? If he did because he needed to concentrate on the Russian talents it would've been ok. But he offered himself to Dai. That is not good! Bad idea! No wonder Miki is depressed.

roma, this was my thought exactly! If you're so worried about having competition for the russians then why take on Dai who has a real shot at Oly's gold. My answer: because he knows Miki isn't going to medal let alone win, and with personal issues between them, maybe he just couldn't sepparate personal from bussines. I mean he isn't that delusional to think that Alena is going to medal, is he? Of course if she'll manage to qualify (big if) to olympic team and others implode big time, then yes she'll get a medal, but honestly I don't see this happening. IMO, Alena was gifted in Nice, i still don't know what judges were smoking at that competition.

shikure wrote:
If you follow her official FB page, the interview was sort of twisted by the media.
She said she trained every day for the new season then she didn't say something for not aim for sochi, it's more likely now it's not the moment to think about Sochi. Because she withdraw from GPS then she didn't participate sectional earlier this month then she is not qualify to nationals--> which means she can't make to worlds team. so when next season she wants to return to competition, she needs to participate at least one ISU competition to get back to the whole system. (to me, JSF thought they have tons of talent and I am afraid they won't assign her any Sad )
her announcement is saying she wants to do thing 100% and she did try to get back but now, she can't.

This really sucks, but if she does 1 or 2 B internationals, surely she could get back. No wonder she's depressed. But then again, this could be the motivation she needs. It didn't work out this season, but if she keeps on training hard, she could come back with a vengance. It would be so awesome if she showed up at competition and beat Leonova (Morozov). Twisted Evil I bet he believes she won't make it without him. Dai has proved him wrong, hopefully Miki can as well.

If i were Miki, I'd pack my bags and leave for Toronto Cricket club. Yep!
Back to top Go down
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:26 am

so miki is not competing this season at all it seems, but it looks like she will try her best for next season.
wanted to share this with you guys, miki replied to my instagram comment Very Happy

http://tinypic.com/r/r8xmk7/6
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:45 am

kenkyo wrote:
so miki is not competing this season at all it seems, but it looks like she will try her best for next season.
wanted to share this with you guys, miki replied to my instagram comment Very Happy

http://tinypic.com/r/r8xmk7/6

Lucky you kenkyo!
And I'm happy that you sent her a message. If it's going to be her last competing season next year, I want Miki to be very motivated and give it all she's got. I think messages from fans like you will make her feel that way the most. She's a totally different type of skater compared to Mao; more powerful! But I'm fond of her too, so I want her to finish her competing career which is suitable for a 2 time World champion like she is. I don't mind if she succeds or not, or if she attempts it in an exhibition, but I'd personally like to see her go for a quad one last time. Yep!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 1:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVIJFmCotcU thought i might share this recent vid concerning miki and morozov,nikolai does not look comfortable talking about miki
Back to top Go down
kenkyo
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
kenkyo

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 1:46 pm

morozov also states he considered marrying her Crying or Very sad wow, I thought all that talk about their relationship was false!
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:19 pm

kenkyo wrote:
morozov also states he considered marrying her Crying or Very sad wow, I thought all that talk about their relationship was false!

I thought they had broken up Snow
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 2:58 pm

kenkyo wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVIJFmCotcU thought i might share this recent vid concerning miki and morozov,nikolai does not look comfortable talking about miki

Wow, those were some very personal questions. Shocked Why the heck is Kolya even talking to this man let alone actually answering those questions?! I always felt there was more to the "I can't coach Miki, because she's too big of a competition for Alena" and he proved me right. Honestly, if you're going to have a relationship with your student, you must learn to separate private life from professional.

Star85 wrote:

They had, Kolya has been dating Elena Ilinykh for over a year now, or so those in the know claim.

Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
roma

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:13 pm

Wah! That felt awful to watch. Morozov outrightly telling the interviewer he dumped Miki as a coach because of what's happening to them was really No No wonder Miki looked so heartbroken and down when I reading her tweets before.
Back to top Go down
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
shar

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Star85 wrote:

They had, Kolya has been dating Elena Ilinykh for over a year now, or so those in the know claim.

Isn't Elena only 18? WTF affraid ...is this man a borderline pedophile or what? Miki is sooo much better off without this A-hole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Miki Ando - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miki Ando
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next