Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miki Ando

Go down 
+51
haruka25
Abdiel
skating_fanatic
Afsfan
Spacey
jkblues
let`s talk
Alokya
4u4a
zarinaballerina
MaoChan756
shikure
Okami
swan
periperi
ddmm
sapphiresky
Batsuchan
Cloviece
skfan
klarification
bibi
theicemarks
apple4me
babayaga
maofan93
bellarina
Haidogirl
gurami
ballerinamao
Figure_skating_love
polosatik
europeanfan
tilitom
iceskatingfan
Star85
BowbowDaijin
PochinkoPotanko
alyssa
Dani-Chan
chapis
chiyori
linglang
MikiAndoFan#1
roma
clovera
itsonlykat
zakkan
inskate
coconut
mingming
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
iceskatingfan
Double Axel
Double Axel
iceskatingfan

Location : Somewhere drinking hot chocolate on a cold winter day =]

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 4:04 am

I love how daring Miki is with all of her programs and music choices. She's very versatile.

I absolutely LOVE Miki's "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence" program. I could watch it over and over again. (part of me wishes Mao would skate to that music Razz )

She makes a little mistake on her 3-3 jump but the rest is gorgeous!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfFIJAEr-Jc
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:12 am

Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 5:19 pm

coconut wrote:
Miki's thinking of skipping next season to take a break.

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/text/201011070003-spnavi_1.html
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/text/201011070003-spnavi_2.html

Bawling Depressed Crying

But if this is what she wants, I'll respect her decision.

Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 11:37 pm

coconut wrote:
Miki's thinking of skipping next season to take a break.

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/text/201011070003-spnavi_1.html
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/text/201011070003-spnavi_2.html

hmmm...i hope she changes her mind. and i have a feeling she will after a really good season. and she's having a really good start too!! was checking the protocols just now and her 3Lz +2Lo is getting a consistent +1 GOE and higher marks for other jumps too. i'm not a skater but i know that taking a break from competitions will do a lot to an athlete's performance. does the article say what made miki think about taking a break?? she's not thinking of going pro, is she?? oh no!!! Depressed Crying
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:37 am

I'm not fan of Ando, but I love what she showed at Cup of China. Very interesting SP (yes- she made many mistakes but I think this program was gorgeous), 3-3 combination (underrotated but she tried it and that's mean a lot) and nearly perfect FS.

I wonder if this break won't switch into retirement. I hope it won't
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:25 am

tilitom wrote:
does the article say what made miki think about taking a break?? she's not thinking of going pro, is she?? oh no!!! Depressed Crying

From the article, it doesn't sound like she is going to retire for the moment because it said

Although Miki is aiming for Sochi Olympics, she said that she is thinking of skipping next season to think about future.

but she might change her mind, I don't know.. study
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:08 pm

I hope Miki won't retire till Sochi. She's such a lovely skater No But maybe a year break is not a bad idea after all.
Back to top Go down
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 4:02 pm

I just want to know the reason that Miki wants to take a break. She's been doing well for the most part and she is off to a great start this season! Hopefully her placement in the GP and Nationals will change her mind.

I mean i guess a break won't kill her, but so many people take a break, like the feeling of being without the stress of competition and then they go pro...please don't go pro yet miki
Back to top Go down
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
BowbowDaijin

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 10:10 am

I think Miki wants to do the same thing as Arakawa.
To stop skating while she can do well. She can study
from the case of Suguri and Arakawa.

People asked why Arakawa wanted to stop her career
when she's just got gold from Olympic. Many complaint
with that but now Arakawa still in everybody's heart.
In the other case, Suguri also did well and sometimes
better than Arakawa, but she never want to stop skating
and now it is not her period. Many people treat her
unkindly (me too.) because she cannot jump as well
as skaters today. It's not her time now and she will
fade away not memorable as Arakawa.

The best way for Miki to resign is to take a rest rest
and rest and never come back to competition like Kwan
or Cohen or "else" did.
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 10:43 am

Cohen came back to competition one year ago Wink

I agree about Suguri, but I think it's still "time" of Ando. She's still very strong competitor. 2nd place at GPF, 5th place at the Olympics and 4th place at Worlds are very good achievements. She's still one of the best. I suppose she wants to take a rest because she need to do something more in her life, not only skating. Everyone who takes part at Worlds has to work very hard for whole year. Ando was competing at worlds for 7 seasons and she has the full right to be exhausted Wink i'm not her fan (well.. I likeher but she's not my favourite), but I'm happy that there are skaters who don't want to end their careers right after 20. I'm sure Ando will feel when will be the time to retire or when she won't able to compete with stronger rivals anymore. I also hope she won't be 2nd Suguri, but she's only 22. Slutskaya won her bronze at the olympics when she was 26 Laughing
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:03 pm

We were talking about Miki doing the quad in another thread (can't remember where). No one confirmed it, and the idea kind of seemed to get shot down. However, the commentators on Universal Sports said she IS planning on putting the quad back in by the end of the season. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel
tilitom

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:06 pm

europeanfan wrote:
Cohen came back to competition one year ago Wink

I agree about Suguri, but I think it's still "time" of Ando. She's still very strong competitor. 2nd place at GPF, 5th place at the Olympics and 4th place at Worlds are very good achievements. She's still one of the best. I suppose she wants to take a rest because she need to do something more in her life, not only skating. Everyone who takes part at Worlds has to work very hard for whole year. Ando was competing at worlds for 7 seasons and she has the full right to be exhausted Wink i'm not her fan (well.. I likeher but she's not my favourite), but I'm happy that there are skaters who don't want to end their careers right after 20. I'm sure Ando will feel when will be the time to retire or when she won't able to compete with stronger rivals anymore. I also hope she won't be 2nd Suguri, but she's only 22. Slutskaya won her bronze at the olympics when she was 26 Laughing

i agree. miki is still a very strong competitor and i think she just doesn't get lucky with the judges. i was reading the forums like crazy after the olys and worlds and one poster (who i think is very reliable or at least sounds like it) noted that miki is a very good jumper but she has to improve on her precision. i have a feeling that miki has been working hard during the off season just to achieve that. to start with, she looks leaner to me and i think that's because she increased her training time. her lutz seems to have become more stable to (as suggested by the .7 score she got for it in the combo at JO and Cup of C).

but i think that miki also needs to get lucky with the judges. consider the olys--mirai, according to some fans actually underrotated her 3T in the 2A+3T combo; rachael, again according to some fans, actually did not deserve that downgrade call for the 3F. if the scoring was done more precisely, i strongly believe miki would have taken the fourth spot. the worlds is a different story altogether!!!

look at miki's results for China too. i think her PCS of 55 is too low especially after alyssa's 61 in canada. i think kiira korpi got a PCS of 55 in a recent GP too. i know it doesn't make sense to compare scores but when you're a fan like me with nothing else to rely on but forums and youtube, these numbers in the protocols become doubly meaningful. and i find it depressing that nobody is complaining. i really hope that with kim absent from competition, rochette too, the judges can pay more attention to miki's skating and see how beautiful it is in it's own way. and also pay closer to mao's skating and see the artistry that's there there there!!!
silent

ohhh edit edit:

just to clarify--i am not picking on the american ladies!! i am loving alyssa because she reminds us that at 23 it's not too late to set new personal records and to impress the judges. that's how old miki will soon be and it's comforting to note that her peers ARE still improving and i'm sure miki will too. i'm much older than rachael but i know it's difficult to have one's body criticized. a girl needs to have a different kind of toughness to deal with that kind of criticism and i'm happy that rachael has had a very strong start. it didn't silence her body critics but hey, she showed them something. as for mirai, i love her spunk!! especially loved it when she tweeted: "I hope that's mature enough for you dragonlady" (heeheehee!!!ooooh the bite!!! she was reacting to one poster who said her music choices aren't mature enough)
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:12 am

Poor Miki, look what Morozov says about her back injury

"In competitive for now Ando not a good time - due to a back injury.

- That she got in a collision with Abzalov Rakimgalievym in Moscow?

- Yes. That, incidentally, is another example of the Japanese self-restraint: I saw that Miki was terribly hurt, that her back is constantly worried her, resting between workouts she can not find a comfortable position, but she did not show her feelings, did not complain, was not capricious. Silent all day, clenching her teeth. It was only late in the evening she blurted: "I do not like Abzal."

found at ontd_skating
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 4:27 am

Miki has changed her SP music to Gabriel's Oboe and The Falls, from The Mission soundtrack, by Ennio Morricone and performed by Yo-Yo Ma. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 4:55 am

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Miki has changed her SP music to Gabriel's Oboe and The Falls, from The Mission soundtrack, by Ennio Morricone and performed by Yo-Yo Ma. Smile

tks bb for the info, I like the song although is very sad and deep but Miki can pull it off sunny
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
PochinkoPotanko

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:29 am

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:

I'm looking forward to it! I love all the music in the 'Mission' soundtrack! Smile
And her using the Yo-Yo Ma version is a great choice too! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Hm. She was doing pretty well with her original SP. I wonder what made her change it scratch
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:49 pm

Star85 wrote:
Hm. She was doing pretty well with her original SP. I wonder what made her change it scratch
She mentioned it in herself in recent interviews - the judges weren't rewarding her on the PCS.
It wasn't that low back at CoC, but it dropped again during Rostelecom so that probably prompted the change. Yep!
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 3:15 pm

this is a bit off the topic but I have been wondering how people knew about her relationship with her trainer, did she tell it herself!
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:20 am

Happy 23rd Birthday, Miki! I wish you all the best in your life with lots of health and happiness! Go Miki! Many Hearts Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:25 am

flower Happy Birthday, Miki chan! flower
Daisies for you Daisies for you Daisies for you
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:57 am

Happy Birthday Miki!! Confetti Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
gurami
Double Axel
Double Axel
gurami

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 6:09 pm

iceskatingfan wrote:
I love how daring Miki is with all of her programs and music choices. She's very versatile.

I absolutely LOVE Miki's "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence" program. I could watch it over and over again. (part of me wishes Mao would skate to that music Razz )

She makes a little mistake on her 3-3 jump but the rest is gorgeous!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfFIJAEr-Jc

I think this is the ONLY competitive program performed by Miki I can't get enough of watching! I especially loved her COR perf on this, I only wished she have used that costume for her Olympics (or use the same design but only colored in black--I LOVE her black tights!!).

I really have a soft spot for skaters who perform music pieces by their fellow countrymen, and seeing Miki skate to something by Ryuichi Sakamoto (such a LOVELY and UNIQUE piece of music!!) is euphoria for me!!

What I basically loved about this performance is that we've seen how Miki can be so lyrical and be one with the music. It's just that it's so bad she also seems to have a tendency to have accidents all at the wrong timing! It really has taken a lot of toll on her, especially her missing out on some of her beautiful positions because of such injuries! Sad

P.S. Belated happy birthday, Miki!!
Back to top Go down
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Haidogirl

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:27 am

Did you know, that Miki is dating spanish skater Javier Fernandez? Surprised
Thats a fact, not a rumour! Im happy to hear that! She has good taste *lololol*

Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:59 am

what where did you hear that from, I thought she was still together with her coach they were still together at nationals Whirly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Miki Ando - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miki Ando   Miki Ando - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miki Ando
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next