Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plushenko Loses Eligibility!

Go down 
+15
josling
zakkan
chelseamarie
ballerinamao
ddmm
Figure_skating_love
bibi
chiyori
clovera
PochinkoPotanko
Star85
alyssa
kawaiimao
MikiAndoFan#1
Dani-Chan
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
periperi
Double Axel
Double Axel
periperi

Plushenko Loses Eligibility!  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Plushenko Loses Eligibility!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:25 am

Star85 wrote:
periperi wrote:
*groans* I just hope Plushenko isn't held up like he was during the Olympic season. If he does keep competing he better start putting in some real choreography and transitions (although I'll be seriously surprised if he does), otherwise he won't (or at least, he shouldn't) keep up with Patrick, the Japanese men (hopefully Dai will be healthier next season and Nobu will have learned how to count by then), and then there's also Jeremy, who despite of everything is still the U.S.'s #1 in my book, but he needs to pull himself together.

I don't think I'm in the majority, but I find Plushenko's PCS scores (especially his transitions, choreography, and skating skills marks) inflated in every competition under the COP he's ever entered. I just don't want to see any more more 7's for his transitions or 8's for his skating skills (or four 9's like he received in Vancouver confused) unless he does what is necessary to deserve those marks. Lips sealed

LMAO yes hopefully Nobu will learn to count by then!

I think the thing that bothers me most about Plushes skating is that bob he does on all his landings... I don't think it really bothers the judges much, which is kind of weird, cause it just looks so ugly to me! There's really not a whole lot I can knock about his skating though. I don't really recall what his transitions are like, and I'm not even sure what exactly they judge on on skating skills.

Yeah, I can't stand that either... or his windmill arms as Dick would say. Razz He's got great spring in his jumps, I can't deny that. But there is more to jumping then just getting through the jump. Not caring how off axis the jump is or how wobbly the landing is is something I feel Plushenko is a bit guilty of because the judges seem to play blind when it comes to those details.

Sometimes I don't know what it is they judge on skating skills either, since I would argue that Taka's basic skating skills are every bit as flawless-if not better-than Patrick's, which have rightfully earned him several nines this season on the international stage, yet I have yet to see Taka receive such high marks consistently. I could say similarly about Jeremy.

When I think of good basic skating skills, I think of flowing crossovers with backs and arms that aren't constantly pumping up and down to help gain speed, good knee bending (something I feel Plushenko was/is lacking in to a ridiculous level for a man at his level in the ranks when he was competing), and use of deep edges to gain speed instead. That's what many experts I respect have said to look for anyway. And well, Taka, Patrick and Jeremy look pretty darn good just moving around the ice if you ask me, so I see why it's considered ideal. In the end, it is a political sport; using PCS is a great way to boost up the skaters said judges want to win.
Back to top Go down

Plushenko Loses Eligibility!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3