Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?

Go down 
+18
Cloviece
Okami
europeanfan
illani
femariel
gurami
ballerinamao
inskate
klarification
mingming
MikiAndoFan#1
clovera
maofan93
bellarina
alyssa
jkblues
kaarolcia
aoi88
22 posters

Over the Rainbow (2005-2006 season)
What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Vote_lcap3%What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Vote_rcap
 3% [ 3 ]
Habanera (2006-2007 season)
What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Vote_lcap1%What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
So Deep is the Night (2007-2008 season)
What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Vote_lcap12%What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Vote_rcap
 12% [ 11 ]
Por Una Cabeza (2008-2009 season)
What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Vote_lcap38%What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Vote_rcap
 38% [ 36 ]
Sing Sing Sing (2008-2009 season)
What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Vote_lcap3%What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Vote_rcap
 3% [ 3 ]
Caprice No. 24 (2009-2010 season)
What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Vote_lcap14%What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Vote_rcap
 14% [ 13 ]
Chopin Ballad No.1 in G minor (2010-2011 season)
What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Vote_lcap29%What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Vote_rcap
 29% [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 94

AuthorMessage
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:22 am

I'm making a poll on Mao's EX programs as a companion piece to the SP & LP polls I did earlier.

Again, it was hard for me to pick a favorite. It's really a tie between So Deep is the Night and Over the Rainbow. I love the maturity, elegance, and flowness Mao displayed in So Deep is the Night. Her costume there is also my favorite. But I am going to vote for Over the Rainbow because the youthful exuberance and lightness of this program just personifies Mao. flower
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:38 am

Por Una Cabeza Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts
Love, love, love this program! Music, choreography, her dress, the way Mao presented it, her cheerful and playful smile - I adore it al! Many Hearts
Actually I like all of Mao's exhibitions, but this one is special to me. In my opinion it is one of the best exhibitions ever!
Back to top Go down
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
jkblues

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:49 am

for me is very,very difficult to decide, but amiong the other i prefer Por una cabeza ,Chopin ballade n1 and Caprice.

but i voted Por una Cabeza.... so difficult to choose one.
Back to top Go down
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
alyssa

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:37 am

Por una cabeza Yep!
Mao has such a gorgeous and mature expression.

And I love tango! Many Hearts

What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  2dancers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:25 am

It's between Caprice and Ballade for me. I think Ballade will be my favorite once Mao gets settled and comfortable with it, but for now it's a tie. Caprice shows Mao's joyful and exuberant side, while Ballade shows how balletic and graceful she is...gah, I can't decide!
Back to top Go down
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
maofan93

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:32 am

For me, it's definitely So deep is the night, but I can see her new Chopin EX becoming a favorite of mine once she preforms it a few more times...

I can just watch her EX from the 2008 4CC over and over again Smile
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
clovera

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Great, yet another difficult choice to make... Hell, no!

For now, it's Caprice because I loved the step sequence near the end + the fan, but Over the Rainbow (particularly the 2007 ver. with Aero), Singx3, and Ballade are all up there too, rank wise. Swoon
Back to top Go down
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
MikiAndoFan#1

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:40 pm

So hard to choose!

Drama!

But Por una Cabeza stands out a bit!
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:02 pm

It's really hard to pick one... Unconscious
For me, So deep is the night, Por una cabeza and Ballade#1 are same rank. I can watch them thousand of times. Love Hearts But I picked So deep is the night because I love the grace and free expression she shows. Mushy Love
It may change to Ballade#1 during this season. flower
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:29 pm

How can I pick one? Every exhibition is special~!
But I chose Caprice because of the exquisite choreography and joyful expression Mao gives during her performances. But honestly, So Deep is The Night and Over the Rainbow are good too!
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:28 am

I really loved all of Mao's recent Ex numbers, it's almost impossible to pick one... I like So Deep is the Night, Por Una Cabeza, SingX3, Caprice and Ballade all the same. Swoon

I ended up voting for Ballade, because I love all the moves in the field and the maturity of the program... It was still a bit unpolished at DoI, but the clips from The Ice were totally lovely... Love

I think all of them were really special in their own way, though! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
ballerinamao

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:21 pm

my favourite is ballade, I really love mao's balletic movement and elegance not to mention that I think that chopin and mao are a great combination... but I LOVE every exhibition of mao they all are soo uniqe in every way.. Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
gurami
Double Axel
Double Axel
gurami

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:11 am

Arrghhh!! I can't choose one!! I love them all!! Sad
Back to top Go down
femariel

femariel

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 1:32 am

I am torn between Por Una Cabeza and Chopin Ballade...Oh No!no..no..no.. Sad
I love all her Exhibition programs...I can't choose one... No
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 3:45 pm

I think I have to go with Ballade, though she has many very nice EX programs. But for me, Ballade highlights everything that is beautiful, ethereal, and graceful about Mao. I never get tired of watching it!
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm not surprised "Por una cabeza" is in the lead Wink I love all Mao's exhibition programs (especially tango, Caprise & Ballade Wub ) except "Habanera".
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
Okami

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:19 am

europeanfan wrote:
I'm not surprised "Por una cabeza" is in the lead Wink I love all Mao's exhibition programs (especially tango, Caprise & Ballade Wub ) except "Habanera".

I wasn't a big fan of "Habanera" in the 2006-07 season, but then I watched the same exhibition performed by Mao while she was still a novice skater:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm5xsi9Ypu0
...and I loved it! The choreo remainded almost the same, but the program was build around those qualities (spped , deep edges, back flexibility) that were affected the most during the 2006-07 season, when Mao was going through her first growth spurt. What's more, the black-fuchsia costume looked very cutte on young Mao, but a few years later it just seemed a bit juniorish.

The comparison of those 2 versions of Habanera (and also Czardas from the 2006 SA practice to the lversions performed later) made me realize just how brilliant a program "Nocturne" was - it was still quite demanding, but it helped to hide Mao's weaknesses at that time while highlighting her posture, edgework and beautiful spirals.
Back to top Go down
Cloviece
Double Axel
Double Axel
Cloviece

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:40 am

I love "Ballade" but I still don't know if I love it more than "Por Una Cabeza" or "Caprice". I put it at the same level as "So Deep Is The Night" because I love that EX too, just not as much as my top two. But ultimately I voted for "Por Una Cabeza". It's simply perfect.
Back to top Go down
rii

rii

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:47 am

It's hard to choose one from her EX No But my favorite is Ballad No.1. I think this program is really nice for her, from music, the choreography to the simple white costume(she looks so good in this dress Love Hearts ) Chopin's soft and beautiful music really suits for Mao Very Happy
But I love all the other EX from her, too!!
Back to top Go down
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
linglang

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:18 am

Por Una Cabeza vs Ballade #1 ... difficult to choose only one though, voted for Por Una Cabeza. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
poomsar

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:20 am

Pick Yourself Up (2004 -2005), anyone? Smile
Back to top Go down
Eris

Eris

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:34 pm

I picked Por Una Cabeza. Love Hearts But this was before I saw Jupiter, now I have two fave Mao's EX programs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?    What is your favorite exhibition by Mao?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1