Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mao's Birthday Project - Sign-up Thread!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
bellarina

Mao's Birthday Project - Sign-up Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Mao's Birthday Project - Sign-up Thread!   Mao's Birthday Project - Sign-up Thread! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:59 pm

Hey everyone, if you haven't heard, we are trying to organize a present for Mao's 20th birthday. We're going to compile a DVD with happy birthday messages from fans all over the world. Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but the consensus right now is that you can submit a video recording (the maximum is 30 seconds), an audio recording, a hand-written message you'd scan or take a picture of and send to us (it can be the background of your audio recording as well), fanart, etc - anything we could compile into a video. We'd like you to use your native language if it isn't English so Mao can see how diverse her fans are, though we'd like you to submit English translations with it, so that our subbers can add Japanese subs for Mao. This is the official sign-up thread for anyone wanting to submit something, so if you're interested, please post in this thread the following:

Your email (you can PM me or directly email maobirthdayproject@gmail.com if you're uncomfortable sharing it here):
The type of submission you want to send:

As of now, the submission deadline is September 17th but that may change if editing will need to take more time. We'd like you to sign up ASAP so we have an idea of how many people are participating. I might also need some help spreading the word at any websites/forums/fansites you think would be interested, especially non-English ones and Golden Skate and FSU.

Let me know if you have any questions. If you want to participate in the making of it (subbing, video editing, promotion, etc), please visit this thread: https://maoasada.forumotion.net/mao-chat-f5/birthday-video-for-mao-participators-t842.htm. If you want to read the origins of this idea and how it started, check out this thread: https://maoasada.forumotion.net/mao-chat-f5/mao-s-birthday-t839-30.htm

(Other people helping with the project, feel free to chime in with anything I missed!)
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
chineseteacup

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday Project - Sign-up Thread!   Mao's Birthday Project - Sign-up Thread! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 4:20 pm

Yes, I'm definitely signing-up! I'll PM you the details Very Happy

Also, just to add - since we're making two versions of the birthday message (one to be sent to Mao and one to be made public), people who are interested in participating can choose to either participate in one or the other, or participate in both!

We talked about it in the earlier thread, and some members were uncomfortable with having their faces shown in the public one. No problem! You can send an audio message to be included with the public version, and save your personal video message for the one we're sending to Mao!

Back to top Go down
Kesho:]

Kesho:]

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday Project - Sign-up Thread!   Mao's Birthday Project - Sign-up Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:53 pm

I'd send it!
wonderful idea and luck! *-*
Back to top Go down
http://foro.thelsalvador.com
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
MaoMaoRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday Project - Sign-up Thread!   Mao's Birthday Project - Sign-up Thread! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:08 am

Edit: Do you send the e-mail before you send the submission so you have an idea of the number of people? Or do you send your submission in this e-mail as well? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday Project - Sign-up Thread!   Mao's Birthday Project - Sign-up Thread! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mao's Birthday Project - Sign-up Thread!
Page 1 of 1