Ballerina on Ice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which is your favorite Mao's costume?

Go down 
+19
maofan93
kaarolcia
inskate
i♥MAO
Alina
mingming
polosatik
europeanfan
Figure_skating_love
klarification
aoi88
yuki
Aibhlin
Star85
illani
Ken Himura
goldmao
coconut
Dani-Chan
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Empty
PostSubject: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Sorry for this new topic you guys but since we have nothing to talk till Japan Open, let's answer threads Laughing Laughing
I have two questions: Twisted Evil

Which Mao's competing costume is your favorite?

What colors she will wear for her new programs?

1. My fave dress of hers is Claire de lune lilac one, but I also like Caprice dress very much Wub

2.I think she will go for a dark red for her tango or maybe a dark pink and for Liberstraume she will wear blue (dark blue).

Let's see who guesses it right
geek geek Cheering Wub
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
coconut

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:40 am

I've been thinking about Mao's new costume too!! I'm glad we will be able to see it soon. Boogie

1. I really love Mao's lavender costume which she wore at 2008 Worlds. It was so beautiful and original. Her makeup perfectly matched that dress and I loved it. Love Hearts

2. For Liberstraume, I thought it would be white costume at first but now I think she's gonna wear something with lighter blue or pink because her Ballade No. 1 dress is white. For tango, I guess it wii be black. Smile
Back to top Go down
goldmao

goldmao

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:35 am

1. the Bells of moscow costume is my favorite! it was stunning!

2. for the Tango programme I see her in a black & red dress.... actually I drew some costumes for the programmes already lol! for Liebestraum I think a white dress with some light blue will match perfectly! (come to think of it, turquois would be pretty cool...at least I've hardly seen anyone skating in a turquoise dress....)

I simply hope that it will be something fresh and new, that no one expects her to wear Smile
Back to top Go down
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Ken Himura

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:36 am

My favorite Mao's competing costume is the costume She dressed to perform Fantasie for Violin and Orchestra (4CC and Worlds) I love it, she looks so delicate and elegant, like a fairy Wub

For the new programs:

1. Tango: black costume, something so simple but elegant.

2. Liebestraum: I think a purple/lavender or light blue, something like the costume she dressed to perform So Deep Is The Nigth Very Happy
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:31 pm

1. My answer probably changes from time to time, but I suppose the Clair de Lune dress from Worlds. Loved it!

2. For the tango, it will probably be red and black, though I think just black might be interesting. My guess is that the Liebestraum dress will be something very simple, maybe along the lines of her Ballade dress only with a shorter skirt length for competition. The color should be something light, probably blue.
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:22 pm

My favorite would have to be her Fantasia from Ladies in Lavender dress. The one with the swan on it. The other two she used were really pretty too, but my fave is definitely the swan one. A close favorite would also be her light blueish/purple Clair de Lune dress. Guess I really like Mao in that light purple/ light blue color!

I think her tango dress will either be red, or black. Probably not both, cause she's already done a tango in a dress that's both. I'm just really picturing this new program in that old dress (probably since she's already performed it in it once), so I guess that's influencing my decision.

For Lieberstraum, I was thinking of something white, but that was before she premiered her new Ballade program. I don't know if she will use something white for two programs in one season... I think it will definitely be a light pastel color, whatever it is. I'm going to go with pink as my final answer. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a light blue though (or maybe that purple/blue color I love! Razz).

Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
Aibhlin

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:49 pm

I think many of Mao's dresses are so wonderful and suit her perfectly but my favourites are mostly those from the 06-07 and 07-08 season. I think it's almost impossible to choose just one favourite but if I had to it would probably be her pink/melee Nocturne ballet dress. To be honest it is probably mostly for sentimental reasons because even though her other dresses may be more decorated and colorful this is the one she wore the first time on the world stage where me and many other casual non-Asian viewers who don't know much (anything?) about the Japanese skating community saw her for the first time (in Northern Europe skating coverage is minimal at best). When I think of Mao there are two mental images that always spring to mind and one of them is when she skates into her first pose at the beginning of the W. Ch. in 2007 and so this is the dress I mostly associate with Mao. Smile

Btw I still feel that both of her short programs in the world championships in 07 and 08 were underscored even with the mistakes.

I have no clue what color/s she will wear this year (who knows if she plans on using the JO dress) but at least for the fs I hope it will be something more subdued yet still not dull, and for the tango something lively and fun. But Mao has never worn a color she didn't look good in so there's no reason to worry about that. Smile
Back to top Go down
yuki
Double Axel
Double Axel
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 10:06 pm

Both answers of mine are the same as Dani-chan.

I think Mao'd look gorgeous in dark red.
Someone made the below photo by Photoshop. I love it.Embarassed

Which is your favorite Mao's costume? 3680678_320x551
Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
Dani-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:57 am

yuki wrote:
Both answers of mine are the same as Dani-chan.

I think Mao'd look gorgeous in dark red.
Someone made the below photo by Photoshop. I love it.Embarassed

Which is your favorite Mao's costume? 3680678_320x551

OMG that's so pretty! I wish Mao could see it and give a tip to her designer geek geek geek Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 6:22 am

Wow! I love the design of this dress! I think Mao should pick a deep red for her tango dress. Yep!
Back to top Go down
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
klarification

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:04 pm

That deep red dress, almost wine-colored... IT SUITS MAO! I hope she wears something like that! No offense to her designers, but most of Mao's costumes don't accentuate her that much. Who, me?
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
aoi88

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 1:11 pm

I love Mao's new dress for her LP! It's so beautiful and I love the intricate designs. I think it ties with her Nocturne SP dress as my favorite! I hope she keeps the dress for the rest of the season. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Star85

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 12:51 pm

aoi88 wrote:

I love Mao's new dress for her LP! It's so beautiful and I love the intricate designs. I think it ties with her Nocturne SP dress as my favorite! I hope she keeps the dress for the rest of the season. Many Hearts

Dido! Yep!
Back to top Go down
http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
Figure_skating_love

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:07 pm

Star85 wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

Dido! Yep!

Yes i must say that i like her dresses in general this season
Back to top Go down
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
europeanfan

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:26 am

I like dress for new FS which she wore at NHK Trophy Very Happy

Mao looks great in red, but her dress from "Bells of Moscow" was terrible. Especially a frill around neckline Neutral
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:36 am

My favourite Mao dress is fantasie LP from 2008 Worlds. But after seeing Mao new LP dress from NHK trophy I think it can become my new favourite. Razz
Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
mingming

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:26 pm

I love new LP dress too! cheers I also love both SP and LP dressess she wore at 2008 Worlds.
Back to top Go down
Alina

Alina

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 6:12 am

I love the drees that she wore at Japan Open 2010 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
i♥MAO

i♥MAO

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:33 pm

i really love her Por Una Cabeza dress.,she looks very elegant on it, i also love the details on it esp. the zebra pattern on the black side of the dress, it's not just an ordinary dress filled with sequins or any other glittering stuff. I think It is made special for a very special person. MAO!Very Happy
Which is your favorite Mao's costume? ISU+Grand+Prix+Final+Figure+Skating+Day+3+YRXInQKYkA-l
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:22 am

The Nocturne SP dress and the LP dress from NHK 2010 Swoon

I also loved all the exhibition dresses, maybe except for the Habanera one. Sweatdrop But the dresses for Over the Rainbow, So Deep is the Night, Por Una Cabeza, Caprices and Ballade are all gorgeous. I love you
Back to top Go down
yuki
Double Axel
Double Axel
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 10:00 am

I found another one. It seems he/she don't like the bra of the new SP costume, so made this. Good job.Thumbs up!

Which is your favorite Mao's costume? 101022
Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
inskate

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:10 pm

This is gorgeous, yuki! Smile I agree, the dress looks better without the bra. Smile
Back to top Go down
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
illani

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 1:40 pm

That is so much better! Thanks for sharing yuki! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
polosatik

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 3:19 pm

yuki wrote:
I found another one. It seems he/she don't like the bra of the new SP costume, so made this. Good job.Thumbs up!

Wow! This is what everyone want! I also don't like the bra, this is so much better!Thank you! cheers
Back to top Go down
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
kaarolcia

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 4:56 pm

yuki wrote:
I found another one. It seems he/she don't like the bra of the new SP costume, so made this. Good job.Which is your favorite Mao's costume? 238895

Thanks for posting yuki! This version of the dress looks great! I agree, the bra should go...this way it looks much better! However I have to admit, that I like the original collar more. With the original collar and no bra this dress would be perfect in my opinion Which is your favorite Mao's costume? 92512
And this person this a good job with the manipulation!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite Mao's costume?   Which is your favorite Mao's costume? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which is your favorite Mao's costume?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next